Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

15 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Is Nick Cave an outside bet for this? He’s in Europe right around the right time, including Ukraine on the Friday.  Could be Sunday night headliner?

He's UK-based anyway, although I don't know about the rest of the band (anyone?). Therefore, not sure if Ukraine makes it more or less likely.

I'd like to see the results of the 'artists you'd like to see at GM' question from the survey. I reckon he'd be number one.

On 9/29/2021 at 9:43 AM, Guy Incognito said:

Don't think this is true. I know he said they were planning it but don't think it actually happened full time. I haven't seen him for a while but know others who have. 

He's just done a massive tour of the UK too which probably wouldn't be happening if he was outside the UK now, I suppose.

29 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I think Big Thief are in the frame for headliners.  I would LOVE it. 

Although I hope we don’t get into this situation where GM and EOTR just alternate line ups, I’ll make an exception for Big Thief (and other high quality acts!). 

The guy who runs EOTR said the majority of the acts who were booked for 19/20 are still in line to play 2022 so not sure on what the chances of them doing GM are. 

3 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Keeping the Bikini Kill dream alive for the time being

C70A319B-91D2-4A6C-AA70-B80A5B1A607D.jpeg

If we're keeping the Bikini Kill dream alive, can we also throw in the JARV IS, Bright Eyes and Yard Act dreams as well? I like that line up - let's just import the lot. 

3 hours ago, _Tommy_ said:

If we're keeping the Bikini Kill dream alive, can we also throw in the JARV IS, Bright Eyes and Yard Act dreams as well? I like that line up - let's just import the lot. 

Bright Eyes are another End Of The Road holdover.

I've always wondered if Bikini Kill were being held over for the second announcement in 2020, them being in Europe and not announced for any other UK festival was suspicious.

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Bright Eyes are another End Of The Road holdover.

I've always wondered if Bikini Kill were being held over for the second announcement in 2020, them being in Europe and not announced for any other UK festival was suspicious.

Me too. Thought they’d be announced in the second wave that never came. Fingers crossed for 2022. 

In addition to the usual excellent acts they book, I’m hoping for some more unexpected  bookings along the lines of…

Jenny Hval (or Lost Girls), Bikini Kill, Les Savy Fav, Sweet Trip, Arooj Aftab, Arthur Verocai, Lingua Ignota, Haru Nemuri, Jaubi, Nala Sinephro, Spellling, RAY, The Soft Pink Truth, The Fiery Furnaces and Ichiko Aoba. 

5 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

In addition to the usual excellent acts they book, I’m hoping for some more unexpected  bookings along the lines of…

Jenny Hval (or Lost Girls), Bikini Kill, Les Savy Fav, Sweet Trip, Arooj Aftab, Arthur Verocai, Lingua Ignota, Haru Nemuri, Jaubi, Nala Sinephro, Spellling, RAY, The Soft Pink Truth, The Fiery Furnaces and Ichiko Aoba. 

I need to check some of these out. I'm seeing Ichiko Aoba next month, she's amazing

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 8:14 AM, lessthanwill1 said:

Sounds like someone needs to get a ticket to Le Guess Who?! 

Keg are incredible. If anyone from GM reads this forum please book them on Rising next year. Just seen them for the second time and they have everything. Brilliant songs and a hilarious singer. They will go down an absolute storm.

My favourite new band at the moment and superb live.

8 hours ago, benali said:

Keg are incredible. If anyone from GM reads this forum please book them on Rising next year. Just seen them for the second time and they have everything. Brilliant songs and a hilarious singer. They will go down an absolute storm.

Hoping to check em out at Night & Day next month 

11 hours ago, benali said:

Seeing them tonight supporting The Lounge Society at The Windmill. 

49 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Seeing them tonight supporting The Lounge Society at The Windmill. 

It's the same show I saw and I'm jealous. Get down early. You are in for a treat.

The trombone player in Keg also plays a massive shell. You don't often see that.

Lounge Society were on good form last night too. Played a new song which was banging.

• Upvote 1