Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

20 minutes ago, titchjuicy said:

This will be my first time. I was a long term glastonbury goer, but not been for a few years.

A friend gave me the nod that tickets were selling fast and managed to get two settler's passes and car park. A whole week! Will have to upgrade the inflatable bed 🙈

Love the idea of a settlers pass, didn't I read somewhere you can update to one at the time though? 

42 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

The low ticket tweet said 'no more ticket releases this year' - so I agree, reckon they've got some saved for after the first (proper) announcement. 

I read that the opposite way, in that they usually would have some saved for then but they don't this time around.

Hope everybody here managed to get some!

20 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Love the idea of a settlers pass, didn't I read somewhere you can update to one at the time though? 

They posted on Twitter a few days ago that Settlers Upgrades will be available at the gate. I have a standard ticket but I am waiting until nearer the time (and the weather forecast) to decide whether to do Settlers. We are lucky to have friends with a house half an hour away so we will go down to Wales for the week whatever.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ciderbus said:

Latest announcement says all tickets sold. Doesn't it normally take months? I am sure we left it relatively late last time we went. 

Will be great anyway but i hope this isn't the future of gigs/festivals or i'll need to imorove my decision making and organisational skills!

I.. am pretty certain they'll just magically find another batch to put on sale at some point early next year.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

One-fifth of all the 2020/21 ticket buyers rolled over? Are you sure about that?

Well I’ve got no idea as they’ve never said but I imagine it was a pretty substantial number. They were only able to announce it was actually happening relatively last minute. 

Anyway whatever the number the point is they were starting with less tickets available than normal. 

Edited by the wonderwhy

3 hours ago, ciderbus said:

Latest announcement says all tickets sold. Doesn't it normally take months? I am sure we left it relatively late last time we went. 

Will be great anyway but i hope this isn't the future of gigs/festivals or i'll need to imorove my decision making and organisational skills!

They were still for sale the week of the festival this year

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

They were still for sale the week of the festival this year

But...in relation to the previous comment, that's because the festival was allowing roll overs right up to the last minute wasn't it? So it was basically 2022 tickets popping up for 2021 - in theory of course, no time traveling allowed, against the T&C's 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, adequate8 said:

I got a ticket in the resale and it took a day or so.

I’m basically trying to justify my decision to wait for next year for tickets 😳

You'll be able to pick them up on Ticketswap or Twickets without much problem closer to the time as long as you're quick off the mark. Loads of people's plans will change by the start of summer next year.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 5:14 PM, cowowl said:

Here is the original Tweet about Settlers Upgrades. Hope they stick to this and that the early sell out doesn't change things.

They’ve always done this, and gradually have opened up more and more of the festival site for settlers to accommodate those that rock up on the gate. There really isn’t any reason they wouldn’t let people do this, it’s 25% more on each ticket with barely any additional cost - a tremendous money spinner 

3 hours ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

They’ve always done this, and gradually have opened up more and more of the festival site for settlers to accommodate those that rock up on the gate. There really isn’t any reason they wouldn’t let people do this, it’s 25% more on each ticket with barely any additional cost - a tremendous money spinner 

There were more Settlers this year than I've seen before. 2019 was the first time the allowed people to camp on the field by the bar and there were even more this year.

A couple of tips for next year. I saw Keg and English Teacher play yesterday and they would both be excellent bookings for Rising. Keg in particular were such fun and would absolutely smash it on that stage.

Another tip is Early Mornings who were like a cross between Lovely Eggs and Dry Cleaning.

On 9/19/2021 at 12:53 PM, benali said:

There were more Settlers this year than I've seen before. 2019 was the first time the allowed people to camp on the field by the bar and there were even more this year.

A couple of tips for next year. I saw Keg and English Teacher play yesterday and they would both be excellent bookings for Rising. Keg in particular were such fun and would absolutely smash it on that stage.

Another tip is Early Mornings who were like a cross between Lovely Eggs and Dry Cleaning.

Great recommendations - enjoyed what I've heard so far.

• Like 1