Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

Thanks for the response, really appreciate it, As ever, I shall drift long in the wake of my friends, so it looks like we'll be doing both...

It is indeed a pity, being the festivals most akin to one another, that they're so close together. One nearer each end of the season would be perfect.

I say give the double-header a go anyway. Or you could grow some balls and tell these so-called friends of yours where to get off.

• Like 1

Well tickets in the bag so we will at last be going to the festival on our doorstep for the first time. A couple of our group need camper van tickets though and will have to sell their GM tickets if they can't any in the future. I know the festival stated no more will be for sale but hopefully some will materialise, right?

Really disappointing to see the lack of payment plan has screwed a lot of people over, especially as it looks to sell out this month judging by the social media posts. I think people would be understanding if GM were transparent about desperately needing the cash, which may well be the case, think it's just caught everyone by surprise

Just about able to afford the two tickets I was after but September isn't a great month to drop that cost on people, especially families post-summer holidays and that

15 minutes ago, Placid-Casual said:

Really disappointing to see the lack of payment plan has screwed a lot of people over, especially as it looks to sell out this month judging by the social media posts. I think people would be understanding if GM were transparent about desperately needing the cash, which may well be the case, think it's just caught everyone by surprise

Just about able to afford the two tickets I was after but September isn't a great month to drop that cost on people, especially families post-summer holidays and that

Agree with that. We had to raid our savings account to buy them as have always used payment plan before but was worried they might sell out before then.

It won't happen but it would be nice if they gave long term annual festival goers the chance to buy early birds first or offered them payment plans. A bit like buying a season ticket at your local football club where loyalty is rewarded by making renewals cheaper than new purchases. 

1 hour ago, Placid-Casual said:

I think people would be understanding if GM were transparent about desperately needing the cash, which may well be the case, think it's just caught everyone by surprise

I really doubt it's a desperately needing the cash thing - the standard practice of most reputable ticket agencies (and ticketline should be in that category given that they've been around forever) is that they'll hold cash from ticket sales in escrow and then release it to the event once it actually takes place.

Given that payment plans are a pain in the arse for festivals to administer even before any VAT changes (currently 5%, going up to 12.5% on Oct 1st and then back to 20% on Apr 1st), and it looks like they can shift the tickets without it, it may well be that GM figure that it's better to keep things simple. But yeah, they probably should have been up front about any changes like that.

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

They've been responding on Facebook that it was a COVID-related financial decision 

I know not all tickets sold are adult but as an example. £ 210 ticket price 5pc VAT is £ 10 a ticket at 20 pc is £ 35 a ticket. Difference of £25 a ticket at 25000 capacity = £ 625 000 more in their pocket.

It’s a no brainer to do it this way. Unfortunately I think we could see quite big price increases next year in all Festivals. 

...and as if by magic Payment Plan tickets go on sale tomorrow at 2pm (email shot from the festival)

Also gives some insight into what has been going on behind the scenes re changing ticket sale dates and sale methods.

"to ensure the festival is able to run next year we needed to put tickets on sale earlier" - that sounds a bit, erm, alarmist doesn't it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ciderbus said:

Payment plan tickets on sale 2pm tomorrow. Guess they'll be getting some understadable complaints from people who would have waited if they'd known

Edit- Tommy beat me to it!

I'm a bit miffed but to be honest they've built up so much goodwill from me by putting on such an incredible event each year that I'm more than happy to forgive them.

46 minutes ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

It doesn’t fill me with confidence about their financial stability to be honest. I’m sure they’d be able to grab some sponsorship money if they really need to but it wouldn’t inspire much investor confidence would it!

Is it really to do with financial instability though, and not just good business sense to take advantage of the current low level of VAT?

GM has had a run of great years with ticket sell outs based on relatively inexpensive headliners. They also play the Welsh card very successfully. 

I have no doubt that it's been incredibly difficult recently but I very much doubt that it's financially unstable .. there's money in the bank that I hope will be paying for something special in the 20th anniversary year 🤞

30 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Ooft low ticket warning already

Thanks for this! I had been thinking of going for the first time next year but had no idea they were already on sale with no more sales to come! I was expecting tiered sales like EOTR. Luckily grabbed a couple of tickets for me & my son! Made up & so excited to be going! 

On 9/14/2021 at 6:12 PM, mahoney said:

Hmm, I need to wait until January to find if I can get the time off work. If it is going to sell out quickly then I'm tempted to just buy a pair and risk it. The problem is, in previous years they had physical tickets but this year they have moved to E-tickets. Is there an easy way for me to sell these tickets should I not be able to attend? 

Bunk off. People can wait for their bills and Ann Summers delivery.