Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

I got in eventually (50 minutes or so in the queue), but Early Birds had all gone.

Then, whilst I was coming to terms with the extra cost, Settlement Early Bird reappeared as an option. I breathed a sigh of relief, added them and went to pay and then got kicked back out again!

Just managed to get back in and buy standard price Settlement tickets.

Very disappointing sales process. There are clearly better options, as demonstrated by EotR last week.

16 minutes ago, ciderbus said:

Sorted. Bit of an anxious hassle then got kicked out when trying to get early birds. Went for full price in the end. Bit of a stinger with the fees but still chuffed and excited now it's in the bag.

And my own personal favourite - being charged £1.75 to use your own printer!!!

• Like 2

My team have decided to go for this next year as well as EOTR. None of us have ever been before. I'm hesitant cos it's quite close to EOTR in calendar terms, and, it seems to me, in ethos. Is it significantly different? Do we need to do both?

35 minutes ago, Mardy said:

My team have decided to go for this next year as well as EOTR. None of us have ever been before. I'm hesitant cos it's quite close to EOTR in calendar terms, and, it seems to me, in ethos. Is it significantly different? Do we need to do both?

Definitely worth doing both - next year will be my 3rd GM/EOTR double header. Musically similar and both have the lack of corporate branding but there's a different feel about them. Green Man is definitely Welsh.

Probably more new bands at GM with the Rising Stage dedicated to new bands.

More kids at GM and a better beer festival.

Einstein's Garden and Nature Nurture combined are a sort of a bigger version of Wonderlands Lawn

Fortune Falls is no match for the woods area at EOTR and no festival in the world has a stage to match the Garden Stage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Losing my hair said:

Definitely worth doing both - next year will be my 3rd GM/EOTR double header. Musically similar and both have the lack of corporate branding but there's a different feel about them. Green Man is definitely Welsh.

Probably more new bands at GM with the Rising Stage dedicated to new bands.

More kids at GM and a better beer festival.

Einstein's Garden and Nature Nurture combined are a sort of a bigger version of Wonderlands Lawn

Fortune Falls is no match for the woods area at EOTR and no festival in the world has a stage to match the Garden Stage.

Thanks for the response, really appreciate it, As ever, I shall drift long in the wake of my friends, so it looks like we'll be doing both...

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

I love Green Man but a 58% increase in campervan ticket price + £21.20 in fees = it had better be a bloody good weekend.

Makes it bloody expensive. Thankfully the kids sneak in on 33 quid each but year after they wont... 

Ohh been posting in 2021 silly me. It took me 50 minutes to get through this morning! Seeing the seconds go to 0 and then back to 30 was so frustrating. 

This year was my first Green Man, I went on my own as a steward and loved it. Such a friendly festival and the best line up I've seen in ages. 

Usually a glasto goer but enjoyed my time at green man so much more! My buzz must have been strong as I've sold the idea to my mam, we will both be first-time settlers next year. Excited!! 

Strange how things change - I remember my 16 year old self discussing with her how I'm too old to be going to Leeds fest with my mam (we went every year since i was 8). Now, 11 years later, I'm chuffed to bits to be going with her and can't think of anyone I'd rather spend the week with. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rug568 said:

They've put a ticket warning out on social media for anybody on the fence 

Yes, just noticed that. Hard to tell how many tickets rolled over but it seems they have shifted loads today.  Looking a bit doubtful for those waiting for the payment plans.

Just checked and the confirmation letter came through ok so can relax an wait for the announcements.

Hmm, I need to wait until January to find if I can get the time off work. If it is going to sell out quickly then I'm tempted to just buy a pair and risk it. The problem is, in previous years they had physical tickets but this year they have moved to E-tickets. Is there an easy way for me to sell these tickets should I not be able to attend? 

7 minutes ago, mahoney said:

Hmm, I need to wait until January to find if I can get the time off work. If it is going to sell out quickly then I'm tempted to just buy a pair and risk it. The problem is, in previous years they had physical tickets but this year they have moved to E-tickets. Is there an easy way for me to sell these tickets should I not be able to attend? 

You can use Fanticks which is the official Ticketline fan to fan resale site.

• Like 1