Glastonbury anti vax nutters

zahidf

It is very simple.

If Covid has a survival  rate of 99% then 1 % die.

That is 100 people from every 10,000 infected who die.

100 from 10,000.

If the vaccines are 95% effective at preventing death, then  5 people , if vaccinated  of 100 people die.

Recap, 100 vs 5

Simple maths.

Edited by bamber

A friend of the wife’s claimed on Facebook to know of 20 people in her “network” (read private anti vax echo chamber groups) who have died from the vaccine in the last few months.

I replied that I didn’t know 20 people who had died from any cause in the last 10 years. As she was the link I asked if she was actually a closet serial killer. Didn’t go down well.

For context I’ve tried having grown up discussions over and over with this person, but every time I refute their claims with facts, there’s an awful grinding noise as the goalposts get dragged to a new position. I just take the piss now.

• Upvote 1

On 8/28/2021 at 1:08 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Considering the festival have booked Van Morrison to play the Abbey it's hard to imagine them caring about what's said in the green/healing fields... there's always been some pretty wacky stuff there anyway. Still like going for a wander and a massage though.

Van the Man is Van the Pan here.

Michael loves all that New-Age Bollocks, as do I, speculatively, we both draw the line at this anti-vax BS.

Sean Lock...

4 hours ago, John the Moth said:

A friend of the wife’s claimed on Facebook to know of 20 people in her “network” (read private anti vax echo chamber groups) who have died from the vaccine in the last few months.

I replied that I didn’t know 20 people who had died from any cause in the last 10 years. As she was the link I asked if she was actually a closet serial killer. Didn’t go down well.

For context I’ve tried having grown up discussions over and over with this person, but every time I refute their claims with facts, there’s an awful grinding noise as the goalposts get dragged to a new position. I just take the piss now.

It's utter bullshit, the risk from the vaccines is blood clots, and there's not a high risk of death from that. And there's more risk of getting a blood clot from covid than the vaccines and that been the case from data for over six months. 

I’m seeing a lot of the anti-vax lot still clubbing / taking tests to go out.

I think a many of the anti-vax protesters are vaccinated themselves. I believe there was an article about this somewhere, that some of the most loud and prominent anti-vaxers have had it.

I’d like to believe that many of the green fields crowd would have just got it. Probably a marginal few that have resisted getting it, not knowing that most of their hippie friends have probably had it and don’t want to tell them.

59 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

It's true that all of the fox news hosts and republican politicians who are spewing anti-vax lies are all vaxed. 

More money in lies and manipulation than practicing what you preach. I think someone found out that Katie Hopkins is vaccinated too!

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Ha!

That’s hilarious 😆 I’ve stolen it!

The person I mentioned in an earlier comment is taking Ivermectin, suddenly these things aren’t important anymore...

- no evidence of efficacy 

- potentially dangerous to take

- no large scale trials completed

- no studies on long term effects

- unnapproved for use

- companies exploiting it for profit

• 4 weeks later...

There are some interesting stories of people who felt the vaccine was not for them and were quite vocal about this opinion.  Until they got it, and it ended badly. 

Worth passing on to the vaccine hesitant.  OK, so it is America-specific, but I do not think the virus is bothered about nationality. 

https://new.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Bloke I know from work who moved to US to office in California is(was) anti-vax...then he got covid and ended up in hospital for over a month with pneumonia and by all accounts was pretty lucky to survive.

Can be expensive too, from what I understand.  Even with health insurance.  I have seen posts on social medial saying that some insurance companies are bringing back their pre-covid excess and policy limits too, which is going to hurt people. 

On 8/28/2021 at 7:42 AM, MEGABOWL said:

It is censorship

100% agree. Threatening to kick people out of the festival for their views (however wrong they may be) is profoundly depressing. Maybe the festival really isn’t what it used to be.

It's not censorship as there's no human right to have a stall at the festival and get free tickets for it. They can say what they want to but it's up to the festival if they choose to facilitate that or not. There are 100s of other charities that would appreciate that platform to actually do good rather than bad. The festival don't censor people by choosing to not invite them, and just because you've been there for the past 5, 10 years doesn't automatically given you the right to be invited back.

If it did I'd still be moaning about how the festival "censored" Pieminister!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, EasyUserName said:

There are some interesting stories of people who felt the vaccine was not for them and were quite vocal about this opinion.  Until they got it, and it ended badly. 

Worth passing on to the vaccine hesitant.  OK, so it is America-specific, but I do not think the virus is bothered about nationality. 

https://new.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

I’ve been checking this out for a while now and there are some people who I’d really like to show it to… except I know they’d just continue to have the exact same opinions as these people before they caught the virus. Unfortunately most of these people are too far gone now and would rather risk getting incredibly ill and/or dying than suck it up and admit they should probably get the vaccine. 

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

It's not censorship as there's no human right to have a stall at the festival and get free tickets for it. They can say what they want to but it's up to the festival if they choose to facilitate that or not. There are 100s of other charities that would appreciate that platform to actually do good rather than bad. The festival don't censor people by choosing to not invite them, and just because you've been there for the past 5, 10 years doesn't automatically given you the right to be invited back.

If it did I'd still be moaning about how the festival "censored" Pieminister!

All sorts of crazy theories and ‘medical’ ‘treatments’ have been expounded over the years at Glastonbury, many by people who have also contributed a lot to the festival. But I get it, I’m getting old, things change. Im entirely pro-Vaccine but don’t feel threatened by anti-Vaxxers. However, a lot of the time now we collectively eschew debate in favour of censoring dissenting voices. The world changes, the festival changes, hey ho. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I’ve been checking this out for a while now and there are some people who I’d really like to show it to… except I know they’d just continue to have the exact same opinions as these people before they caught the virus. Unfortunately most of these people are too far gone now and would rather risk getting incredibly ill and/or dying than suck it up and admit they should probably get the vaccine. 

It definitely seems to be a serious problem in the States and it’s fascinating how it traces back to the instinctive anti-Government feeling many of them carry. Not that we’re immune, I have a mate who’s had his first jab but now won’t have his second. Does he think the Micro Chips get injected into his blood on the second one? 

Christ we all...... Ok some do not.... Do shed loads of drugs.. We don't know what's in them but we buy them a take them all the same.. Look at cocaine... Pills... And worse...... Or better depending on your preference... 

Fuck it take the jab move on.. 

• Upvote 1

A few year back, just after the EU referendum, I was door-to-door canvassing in a local* election. The gentleman answered the door wanted to make his point about the EU, and how it was preventing him from using certain tinctures for his aromatherapy business, leaving the EU was going to be great for him. Now I don't know much about this area, but generally if something has potential for harm, then suitable controls are put in place. 

Interestingly to this day I remember one comment, he said he was uncomfortable publicly supporting leaving the EU within his alternative medicine community.  He could see that by doing so, he was aligning himself with some uncomfortable views and some toxic people, but his underlying self interest was getting the better of his conscience.

When did the alternative community stop having the wider empathy, that it was so well known for?

*local elections are normally about bins and planning, but not everyone knows this!

On 9/21/2021 at 6:35 PM, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I get where you are coming from but in order for society to progress at some point we have to accept some truths and end the debate so we can tackle the next issue. 

Vaccines work, the earth is not flat, 5G does not give you cancer, the earth is not 6000 years old. There is so much wasted energy trying to convince the idiots/intensely uninformed on these simple truths; energy that could be spent working out actual unknowns.

Who knows maybe if we didn't have these fools holding us back we would have invented interdimensional travel by now and we'd all be living it up in the partyverse 

Yeah but aliens do really exist though? 👽

Ok, so I was in London yesterday and was taking overline and bus etc through where the march was to see a mate. I'm not sure how to say this without being rude but the anti-vaxers stood out a mile. Is educationally subnormal ok?  I mean, WOW. These people need help was all my natural instinct was saying.