Secret Garden Party 2022?

5co77ie

1 hour ago, gfa said:

How is this festival - quite curious given that chems hint and all these people selling tickets? seems like because of how they do ticketing random people flock here to list their tickets 😂

Yes I think the resale system encourages link spam. If you can no longer attend, you can sell your ticket, but you need someone to click your link and buy it. But there is no official place to advertise, so they just get plastered everywhere by people trying to sell.

The Boomtown forum on efests is also is covered in these links, as they are using the same system too/

27 minutes ago, Sku said:

Yes I think the resale system encourages link spam. If you can no longer attend, you can sell your ticket, but you need someone to click your link and buy it. But there is no official place to advertise, so they just get plastered everywhere by people trying to sell.

The Boomtown forum on efests is also is covered in these links, as they are using the same system too/

cheers - you've not been before have you right? never really heard of this fest

6 hours ago, gfa said:

cheers - you've not been before have you right? never really heard of this fest

No, I'm going for the first time. The festival is returning for the first time in several years. It's often credited with originally starting the "boutique festival" scene in the UK, but eventually was put out of business by similar competitors. Or so the story goes at least.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sku said:

No, I'm going for the first time. The festival is returning for the first time in several years. It's often credited with originally starting the "boutique festival" scene in the UK, but eventually was put out of business by similar competitors. Or so the story goes at least.

interested to hear how it is, definitely intriguing and a cool setup artist wise

On 7/5/2022 at 11:51 AM, gfa said:

interested to hear how it is, definitely intriguing and a cool setup artist wise

From previous experiences this was my favourite UK festival, for me it was up there with Glastonbury. Hope they haven’t changed it too much since last time 

43 minutes ago, fingers_mark said:

You sure? She's at Latitude the Friday; Tramlines the Saturday and Standon Calling the Sunday. Unless it's 2 shows in a day.

Yeah, she posted a list of her summer gigs and it listed secret garden party. Only saw it briefly but I believe it was the 21st so Thursday.

Since tweeted about taking it down due to announcing something she shouldn't have.

Edited by serendipitous
Added tweet

14 hours ago, fingers_mark said:

You sure? She's at Latitude the Friday; Tramlines the Saturday and Standon Calling the Sunday. Unless it's 2 shows in a day.

She is on at 23:20 at Standon Calling, so could feasibly play in the afternoon/early evening, it's only an hour away. Thursday might be more likely though

So just looking for general advice here

How strict are the searches are they just looking for booze or will they go in and out of everything looking for illicit substances? 

Not that I intend of bringing any of course... 

Edited by Kksizzle

13 hours ago, The Pink Peril said:

Anyone got any inkling of a map/layout? The FAQ implies camping and "arena" but it was just all in before, Glastonbury style. 

Was thinking the same, sounds like they’ve changed it but I’m not sure 

On 7/14/2022 at 5:18 PM, The Pink Peril said:

Anyone got any inkling of a map/layout? The FAQ implies camping and "arena" but it was just all in before, Glastonbury style. 

Not seen a map and don't know the answer to the question - but I've certainly seen festivals (Shambala comes to mind) where the Festival have defined an "arena" area for operational purposes, even if it's open on all sides to the public campsites.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 8:22 PM, Lostchimp100 said:

Any updates on the line up mate? 

It's a secret...line ups announced at 12.01 the day before. Secret Garden Party is the best festival I've been to for all the random goings on. I've been 3 times and can't wait to get back no matter who's on the line up

22 hours ago, Helsbels said:

It's a secret...line ups announced at 12.01 the day before. Secret Garden Party is the best festival I've been to for all the random goings on. I've been 3 times and can't wait to get back no matter who's on the line up

Aye I know but there’s always rumours and personally I like to get excited about the music and research the ones I don’t. I think it does matter. But yeah I’ll have a wicked time anyway x