Jump to content

Secret Garden Party 2022?


5co77ie
 Share

Recommended Posts

I went to SGP one year. There was a miserly allowance on the amount of alcohol that you could bring in to the festival. No wonder it was the most serious hard core drugs festival that I have ever been to. Mind you, I did manage to smuggle in 7 litres of red wine - and they checked my rucksack thoroughly!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One i've always wanted to attend but never got round too! Just hoping they change their usual weekend (3rd weekend in July) as i'm usually at another the weekend before.

Edit: Just realised the countdown timer ends at midnight tonight?!? After a heavy weekend at Lost Village there's no chance ill be up to see it end 

Edited by TheFullShaboo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/29/2021 at 1:54 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I went to SGP one year. There was a miserly allowance on the amount of alcohol that you could bring in to the festival. No wonder it was the most serious hard core drugs festival that I have ever been to. Mind you, I did manage to smuggle in 7 litres of red wine - and they checked my rucksack thoroughly!

I worked it a couple of times and the miserly allowance was introduced to try and get people to spend money at the bar which they weren't doing due to all the drugs being consumed.

The festival also had a big crime problem but the main issue was that it lived and died with the weather, if it was sunny it was the best festival in the world, if it rained the ground disintegrated in five minutes and I just sat in my tent.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

One i've always wanted to attend but never got round too! Just hoping they change their usual weekend (3rd weekend in July) as i'm usually at another the weekend before.

Edit: Just realised the countdown timer ends at midnight tonight?!? After a heavy weekend at Lost Village there's no chance ill be up to see it end 

I'd not heard of Lost Village before. Do you rate it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, rug568 said:

I worked it a couple of times and the miserly allowance was introduced to try and get people to spend money at the bar which they weren't doing due to all the drugs being consumed.

The festival also had a big crime problem but the main issue was that it lived and died with the weather, if it was sunny it was the best festival in the world, if it rained the ground disintegrated in five minutes and I just sat in my tent.

 

 

 

I went with a mate that one time ( I managed to get him 2L of vodka in too - in his own bag, which was also checked) and we heard a couple of bloke's ask anybody around if they wanted to put their big new tent up for £50. It wasn't long before they were taken up on their offer, so they got their tent put up for them. Then over the weekend they partied etc, as you do. Then they just walked away and left this gorgeous new tent where it was. I thought to myself 'Right, I'll have that if they are just going to fuck off and leave it'. So, I went into the tent to assess the situation. As I opened the flaps to the rear bedroom type compartment (there were several of these) i saw that over the weekend they had used one of their 'bedrooms' to shit in. Fucking animals. I mean we were camped no more than a 5 minute walk from the toilets. Needless to say, I abandoned my plans to retrieve the tent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Very highly! Sounds a very similar vibe to SGP - people heavily dosed up early doors, every day! 4th year i've been now and ill be booking my 5th as soon as early birds are released. 

Thank you for the information. I confess that it does sound interesting - especially given the additional information that you provided. Cheers. 🙂 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mike88 said:

Anyone got on the site after the count down to register?

 

Yes. There's a questionnaire that you HAVE to fill out (or at least that's my interpretation) which gives you a unique code to be able to buy tickets later this month. Once you have filled out the handful of questions and submitted, this comes up;

Thank you for your submission, our panel of semi-literate penguins will be reviewing your application.

Successful applicants will receive a unique weblink
by email on 25 September.

You’ll need this to buy your tickets when they go on sale on Sunday 26 September at 06:00.

XX The Head Gardener

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My first every "proper" festival. Me and a mate went after finding a flyer for it on our car windshield after Tales of the Jackalope, then proceeded to go to the next 4 in a row. Always had a really good time at it, proper party crowd as mentioned on here already. Although by the last incarnation that I attended (2010) it was definitely getting more and more expensive (as all festivals do I guess).

They did always have a personal alcohol limit as mentioned earlier but it was easy enough to smuggle booze in. Our group always did anyway. Registered! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention - when I went through the entrance to get my rucksack checked (they were checking every single persons bags thoroughly) I was on edge about getting my wine discovered in my bag. So much so that I didn't even consider the thought that they might find certain 'medications' that I cannot be without. In fact I was so concentrated in thought waiting to be checked that I didn't even notice the policeman and his sniffer dog (presumably) right next to me. In fact, I'd never have known if my mate (who was following me) hadn't told me about it after we had gotten through safely.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

I’m not quite sure they are going through the rigmarole of the questionnaire, registration and then selection though. The last one was nowhere near sold out…. 

I've assumed that the questionnaire and selection process is more of a marketing thing in terms of furthering their mythos (as was the countdown, and the gradual reveal) rather than a serious attempt to get the "right" people. Really doubt that anyone will be rejected regardless of what they put on the form.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

I’m not quite sure they are going through the rigmarole of the questionnaire, registration and then selection though. The last one was nowhere near sold out…. 

I thought it used to sell out way in advance, even the last one, which made their decision to non continue with the festival even more bizarre? 

So are we thinking this is unlikely to sell out straight away?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I thought it used to sell out way in advance, even the last one, which made their decision to non continue with the festival even more bizarre? 

So are we thinking this is unlikely to sell out straight away?

I can only speak from experience of the last one. We bought our tickets just before Christmas the year before but then were able to get one for a friend a month or so before the festival.  I think that they were still on general sale when the gates opened.

Edited by sadimmock
Annoying typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, sadimmock said:

I can only speak from experience of the last one. We bought our tickets just before Christmas the year before but then were able to get one for a friend a month or so before the gates opened. I think that they were still on general sale when the gates opened.

Suppose with it making a return that demand is likely to be much higher this time! 

 

Has anybody had an email by the way after signing up? Only two people out of our group have had it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Suppose with it making a return that demand is likely to be much higher this time! 

 

Has anybody had an email by the way after signing up? Only two people out of our group have had it...

I saw an email from them at one point in the last 24 hours. However, I didn't open it and read it as my head was too scrambled to do so. Still is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I saw an email from them at one point in the last 24 hours. However, I didn't open it and read it as my head was too scrambled to do so. Still is.

All good, everyone of us has now received an email!

Have noticed however that the tickets go on sale at 6am on a Sunday?! Im pretty confident i'll still be up then as its the morning after waterworks festival, but cant help but feel this is a ridiculous time to hold a sale? Are they doing it to filter out those half-hearted punters? Is it a tactic to only attract those who can party through till 6am? 

Hopefully it doesn't have the opposite effect and the festival is awash with early risers who like to partake on an early morning walk and judge those goggle-eye attendees stumbling back to the tent after dawn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

All good, everyone of us has now received an email!

Have noticed however that the tickets go on sale at 6am on a Sunday?! Im pretty confident i'll still be up then as its the morning after waterworks festival, but cant help but feel this is a ridiculous time to hold a sale? Are they doing it to filter out those half-hearted punters? Is it a tactic to only attract those who can party through till 6am? 

Hopefully it doesn't have the opposite effect and the festival is awash with early risers who like to partake on an early morning walk and judge those goggle-eye attendees stumbling back to the tent after dawn.

Well, if I'm being honest, I rather naughtily only registered to actually just see the process / next stage. I'm afraid that I'll not be going to the festival. It may even be that I have (already) hung my festival spurs up, if not for good, then for a long time. My wife (who is new'ish to festivals) declared at the last one that we attended, that that was her last. She said that she'd really rather do something more sedate. I think that's because we feel old and tired. and that's because we are old and tired!

You sound like you are right up for it. Hope you have a ball.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...