App pings and covid

Crazyfool01

51 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just been pinged by the app … double jabbed so no need to isolate … PCR ordered … anyone else ? Was always fairly likely occurrence I’d say 

Is it wrong of me to have switched off my notifications? I'd be getting pcr tests every week if I listen to the app like!

4 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Is it wrong of me to have switched off my notifications? I'd be getting pcr tests every week if I listen to the app like!

well as im doubled jabbed it acts as a warning ... im doing LFTS and have ordered a pcr .... I don't have to isolate so really not concerned about having the app tell me ive been in contact ... till the result of my PCR in a few days I can make a call what I do and if I stay away from elderly parents ... no real harm done 

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Brother's had 2 negative LFTs but he's feeling a bit grot so has ordered a PCR today. Me and other mate have both done LFTs today and negative.

No pings so far, although my phone was on max power saving so bluetooth might have been off.

yeah ive had 3 negative lfts  ... but ordered the PCR as a backup ... ive got a sore throat but not sure thats not psychological or just a festival standard illness 

12 minutes ago, Quark said:

Brother's had 2 negative LFTs but he's feeling a bit grot so has ordered a PCR today. Me and other mate have both done LFTs today and negative.

No pings so far, although my phone was on max power saving so bluetooth might have been off.

Comedown

11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

yeah ive had 3 negative lfts  ... but ordered the PCR as a backup ... ive got a sore throat but not sure thats not psychological or just a festival standard illness 

Same here a bit of a sore throat but then every festival I come back from I feel crap for a week or so.  LFT coming back negative for me and all my group so far.

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

My other half tested positive last night (despite being double jabbed). Its meant that a festival we were due to go to today is now out of the window. Gutted. 

ah shit hope all is fine with symptoms  etc  and you manage to avoid it .  its weird being out and about after a ping for me 

2 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

My other half tested positive last night (despite being double jabbed). Its meant that a festival we were due to go to today is now out of the window. Gutted. 

Bugger, hope the jab does its job and it stays mild

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Quark said:

Bugger, hope the jab does its job and it stays mild

Thanks mate. Yeah, its surprising really, know quite a few people who have been double jabbed who have had it in the last few weeks. 

Pissed off about the festival though...its a camp next to your car jobbie and weather forecast is great! 

Bugger...

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

Thanks mate. Yeah, its surprising really, know quite a few people who have been double jabbed who have had it in the last few weeks. 

Pissed off about the festival though...its a camp next to your car jobbie and weather forecast is great! 

Bugger...

All about percentages though innit.  Based on my extensive survey of my own behaviour which I assume applies to everyone, I know that I'm putting myself in more situations where those potential transmissions are going to happen now that I'm double jabbed.  So each one's got a lower risk of me catching it, but the greater number of encounters means I'm rolling the dice more often. Bound to happen sooner or later, although I've got the added bonus of having already had it so maybe a bit more resilient.

Definitely gutting about the weekend though, especially with the weather. I take it that you going and leaving her at home isn't really an option...😂

• Upvote 1

Brother's confirmed, double jabbed but not had it before. Pretty mild by all accounts so it's doing its job. 2 negative LFTs but went for PCR today to be on the safe side.

Just the way it's going to be for a while if we wanna keep doing fests and gigs. Which I do. Otherwise what was the bloody point!