BST 2022

Matt42

3 hours ago, Stonesfan said:

Going to see the Stones on July 3rd. How strict are they regarding bags/rucksacks? Also how important is it getting in at the early entry time? 

Early entry for this show if I'm honest is pointless. There's a massive Golden Circle at the front which takes up p much half the park and the only way you can get into that or the diamond circle (assuming they're doing that again this year) is to have the super expensive tickets. 

Early entry - General Admission means you'll get a slightly better view (possibly) of the screens and big trees that flank the stage

Never been to BST before but I will be there next week for Pearl Jam. Gotta say I hate the sound of this Golden Circle. How close to the stage will I be able to get on a regular ticket? Do I have any hope of seeing the band without watching on a screen? 

4 hours ago, Henrik said:

Never been to BST before but I will be there next week for Pearl Jam. Gotta say I hate the sound of this Golden Circle. How close to the stage will I be able to get on a regular ticket? Do I have any hope of seeing the band without watching on a screen? 

From my experience as a 6ft person who tends to get close(ish) to the barrier you really won't get to see much. I've heard of golden circles at gigs but they've never seemed that restrictive. The one at Hyde Park however very much is so. The only time it's not been too problematic was seeing Roger Waters but for Green Day it ruined the day completely and Neil Young/Bob Dylan wasn't much better. Taking my mate to see the Stones on Sunday as he's desperate otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

• Thanks 1

The golden circle fricking sucks and I say this as someone who went to the 25th date for the Stones with golden circle tickets. While pretty much everyone in golden circle will have good stage views, it really really limits the view for general admission. We had been to BST before and knew that our view would be limited unless we did shell out for the ££ tickets. Really loved the lineup in the end with Phoebe and TWOD supporting so we upgraded the tickets. Tbh if I had kept our GA tickets I would just have enjoyed the bars etc and chosen a spot with a good view of the screens and positioned well relative to speakers, rather than camping out near to the rail to try and get a "good spot". I have done the camping out near the rail for BST in GA before and it doesn't improve the view any, and means you don't get to go and check out the other stages etc. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Belette said:

Tbh if I had kept our GA tickets I would just have enjoyed the bars etc and chosen a spot with a good view of the screens and positioned well relative to speakers, rather than camping out near to the rail to try and get a "good spot".

Cheers Belette, sounds like this is really good advice. 

6 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Hearing this is another event with massive queues for everything. What is going on in the industry? 

It’s a mix of Brexit and covid creating a shortage of volunteers working festivals this this year which is why a lot of festivals are struggling although I’d thought something like BST would have been hiring paid staff though.

On 6/30/2022 at 10:25 AM, Suprefan said:

So how good does it sound if youre outside the event and camped out on the lawn somewhere? And im assuming the best area is by the west entrance cause the stage faces that way? Want to head to Adele tomorrow.

E3E6727B-477E-4E5D-840D-B6500BF326F7.png

Apparently there were thousands outside the fence today. During the set you kept hearing chants of turn it up coming from outside the fence! Honestly was incredible tonight 

12 hours ago, charlie.light said:

Apparently there were thousands outside the fence today. During the set you kept hearing chants of turn it up coming from outside the fence! Honestly was incredible tonight 

Those chants were coming from inside the fence! We were on the left hand side and it was so quiet that the crowd were chanting so that we could hear what Adele was saying.

5 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Those chants were coming from inside the fence! We were on the left hand side and it was so quiet that the crowd were chanting so that we could hear what Adele was saying.

Really, was the sound not good from where you were then? I was in the golden circle and the sound was amazing. I know when I was at an event control briefing this morning for todays event they were saying that there were thousands outside the fence!

21 hours ago, charlie.light said:

Really, was the sound not good from where you were then? I was in the golden circle and the sound was amazing. I know when I was at an event control briefing this morning for todays event they were saying that there were thousands outside the fence!

We were outside of the golden circle. Fortunately, the sound was just about good enough for us when the music was on - mostly vocal and drums rather than the rest of the band and it was quiet but tolerable. We couldn't hear her when she was speaking though - really frustrating because we could see on the screens that she was speaking but no idea what she was saying. Just large moments of almost silence.  It seems that it was much worse further to my left which is where the "turn it up" chants were originating from. 

I've been to BST a few times but always in the golden circle when it's been a "first come first served" policy and the sound is great in there. Sadly, it's not so great on the sides of the field outside of the circle.

27 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Not holding out much hope for Pearl Jam on Saturday after the comments on here. 

Anyone find a good spot outside of the golden circle? Be nice to at least hear the band FFS

My advice is not to go on the sides. I imagine anything more central will be OK as I didn't hear any complaints coming from there.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Not holding out much hope for Pearl Jam on Saturday after the comments on here. 

Anyone find a good spot outside of the golden circle? Be nice to at least hear the band FFS

I'm going to be there both nights, will let you know what Friday was like.

• Thanks 1