BST 2022

Matt42

3 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Could you screenshot The Rolling Stones, would be good to get an idea of when I need to be there weekend 2.

Cheers

3:10 Kelly McGrath
3:40 Vista Kicks
4:20 JJ Rosa
4:50 Phoebe Bridgers
6:20 The War on Drugs
8:05 The Rolling Stones
10:20 finish

You'll need to download the app and activate your tickets on it before you get in pal, don't forget! 

Edited by BenG92

6 hours ago, BenG92 said:

We have a spare Elton John ticket for today, 24th. Very last minute so open to reasonable offers, can meet you and transfer via BST app in person

Good luck with that. Glasto, Ed Sheeran and Green Day are all today too so that's a lot of the gig going population unavailable plus throw in rail strikes.

1 hour ago, jump said:

Good luck with that. Glasto, Ed Sheeran and Green Day are all today too so that's a lot of the gig going population unavailable plus throw in rail strikes.

Yeah not expecting to shift it at all honestly, mother in law decided literally yesterday she wasn't going... Ah well, might make someone's day outside the park 😂

1 hour ago, jump said:

Yeah not expecting to shift it at all honestly, mother in law decided literally yesterday she wasn't going... Ah well, might make someone's day outside the park 😂

On 6/24/2022 at 7:23 AM, jump said:

If I'm honest, the trains weren't as bad as I was expecting for my trip to the Hella Mega Tour show at London Stadium. The train I had from Milton Keynes to London got cancelled but I could get an alternative, and the one back wasn't as overcrowded as some really bad services. The Overground between Stratford and Highbury & Islington, however... yeesh.

36 minutes ago, charlierc said:

If I'm honest, the trains weren't as bad as I was expecting for my trip to the Hella Mega Tour show at London Stadium. The train I had from Milton Keynes to London got cancelled but I could get an alternative, and the one back wasn't as overcrowded as some really bad services. The Overground between Stratford and Highbury & Islington, however... yeesh.

It was maddening at Green Day last night. I could have just got a bus home but the buses were on division because of the gig so instead I had to get the overground which took me longer. 

2 hours ago, jump said:

It was maddening at Green Day last night. I could have just got a bus home but the buses were on division because of the gig so instead I had to get the overground which took me longer. 

Oh I bet that was pretty infuriating. I thought I was being clever by sacking off Stratford for Hackney Wick, only to arrive there just as a train was leaving (as happened when I tried that for Muse in 2019) and then during the 10 minute wait for the next one the platform just got rammed.

Until then the main grievance (imo sound could've been better but did improve the more each act played) was twice getting pelted by lobbed pints during Green Day. Not a part of the stadium rock show experience I missed.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Oh I bet that was pretty infuriating. I thought I was being clever by sacking off Stratford for Hackney Wick, only to arrive there just as a train was leaving (as happened when I tried that for Muse in 2019) and then during the 10 minute wait for the next one the platform just got rammed.

Until then the main grievance (imo sound could've been better but did improve the more each act played) was twice getting pelted by lobbed pints during Green Day. Not a part of the stadium rock show experience I missed.

Throwing pints is such a dickhead move, why the fuck are you wasting a £7 drink let alone throwing it as someone. There was a c**t who was in her late 30s/early 40s who threw her drink maybe 10 feet away and saw who it hit whilst giggling.

I've been to gigs where the band tells you to look after each other in the pit etc but you don't see enough bands say something about drink throwing. I've only ever seen Idles say something about it.

Does anyone know what the best thing is to do with 2 extra rolling stones tickets for July 3rd ? I would happily cancel or resell at ticket value or resell on fan site but axs and ticketmaster won't allow this for those two to be resold through their site.

There is only the option to transfer so it is complicated. Any help appreciated! Thanks 😄

1 hour ago, natandthefox said:

Does anyone know what the best thing is to do with 2 extra rolling stones tickets for July 3rd ? I would happily cancel or resell at ticket value or resell on fan site but axs and ticketmaster won't allow this for those two to be resold through their site.

There is only the option to transfer so it is complicated. Any help appreciated! Thanks 😄

Put it up on Twickets and once it's sold transfer it to them.

5 hours ago, jump said:

Put it up on Twickets and once it's sold transfer it to them.

Thankyou very much for this advice! I put them on twickets and they sold within 5 minutes and I also put up some Arlo parks tickets and they also went within 5 minutes on twickets! 

These are tickets for music I am going to but I always end up getting extras for friends but should stop doing this as I now have about 4 pairs of tickets to sell for this summer!

Thanks Jump! 😄

1 hour ago, natandthefox said:

Thankyou very much for this advice! I put them on twickets and they sold within 5 minutes and I also put up some Arlo parks tickets and they also went within 5 minutes on twickets! 

These are tickets for music I am going to but I always end up getting extras for friends but should stop doing this as I now have about 4 pairs of tickets to sell for this summer!

Thanks Jump! 😄

If you haven't sold them by Friday I'll buy them

7 hours ago, Chef said:

Anyone at the Stones on Saturday? The reviews sound good but would be interested to hear what it was like from anyone on here

I went. Thought the Stones were great. Really surprised me as never seen them before and they still seemed to have lots of energy. Not an old man show at all. The second half of the set seemed to have the biggest hits to my uneducated ear.

Was pleased I managed to catch Dream Wife on the B stage as I found all the other support bands very bland indeed.

Felt busy with long queues for food and bogs at peak times. No real bar queues though and 5.90 for a pint of Grolsch seems almost reasonable these days.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Chef said:

Anyone at the Stones on Saturday? The reviews sound good but would be interested to hear what it was like from anyone on here

I was there too, bought a last minute ticket off Twickets. The Stones were great, probably the best I've seen them. 

I never really had to queue for food or drink, the longest lines seemed to be for the merch stands.

I've been to about 10 or 11 concerts in Hyde Park over the last 15 years and the whole gold circle thing makes me sad. It used to be just some bands but now everyone does it and I guess it's here to stay.  A general admission ticket gets you nowhere near the stage. There was a kiosk offering upgrades - I was curious and was quoted a price of £300 for the gold circle 😲

On the way in, the guy in front of me had two camping chairs confiscated. Looked like a pile of umbrellas had been confiscated too. I did see one or two people inside had managed to smuggle chairs in. Plenty of my personal bugbears (girls on their boyfriend's shoulders blocking your view, people's phones blocking your view, and people who think their massive picnic blankets are sovereign territory), but that's to be expected. Overall a great day

• Thanks 1

Its good to hear The Stones were on their game. I am going next Sunday and I was in two minds whether to get a ticket as the doubts are always there with every year that goes by, on whether they are still up to it. In the end the reality that every tour might be their last swung it for me.

I've been to Hyde Park a few times before and its a long way from the perfect venue, however I'll take it over the O2! The BST line up has got some big acts this year and you inevitably have to embrace it if you want to see the type of artists they have perform. 

4 minutes ago, Chef said:

Its good to hear The Stones were on their game. I am going next Sunday and I was in two minds whether to get a ticket as the doubts are always there with every year that goes by, on whether they are still up to it. In the end the reality that every tour might be their last swung it for me.

I've been to Hyde Park a few times before and its a long way from the perfect venue, however I'll take it over the O2! The BST line up has got some big acts this year and you inevitably have to embrace it if you want to see the type of artists they have perform. 

Considering Sam Fender will be a festival headliner next year you're getting pretty great value for money just having him on that bill!