BST 2022

Matt42

Wonder if Stones / Elton supports are behind contracts. People that have been asked by the artist to do it.

Are Years & Years free? Think they’d be a decent support for Elton.

Still think a Jack White / War on Drugs / Maneskin is coming for Rolling Stones.

And the Duran Duran line-up is still incomplete. 
The absence of Stones support info is particularly infuriating. I'd like to give them my money, but I don't want to choose a date and later find out that someone I really like is supporting them on the other date.

I still think Grace Jones may turn up on one of those three shows.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna guess Sam Fender for Elton since 17 Going Under was his favourite album last year, and he's free in the UK 2 days after Glasto. I would bet he wants to give Sam more exposure over a band that don't need it. 

Edited by BenG92

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

I'm gonna guess Sam Fender for Elton since 17 Going Under was his favourite album last year, and he's free in the UK 2 days after Glasto. I would bet he wants to give Sam more exposure over a band that don't need it. 

If there’s anybody who doesn’t need more exposure right now in the U.K., it’s Sam Fender. I may be wrong, but I don’t think it’s gonna be anybody as big as him. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

If there’s anybody who doesn’t need more exposure right now in the U.K., it’s Sam Fender. I may be wrong, but I don’t think it’s gonna be anybody as big as him. 

I'd agree. He already has the 2 killers support slots at the Emirates plus a sold out 45k capacity London headline of his own. 

I would guess he is still doing the killers gigs because he signed to do them when they were originally due to take place as that tour has kept most of its support acts.

Its the Finsbury show that suggests to me he's not supporting at any other London shows 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I added the "more" before exposure, don't get me wrong, I firmly believe Fender will headline Leeds next year - but Elton isn't necessarily keeping track of that, he just sees a young artist who put out his favourite album of the year. I'm talking more exposure compared to, say, Pixies supporting PJ. 

On 5/23/2022 at 5:52 PM, FloorFiller said:

Sir, this aged poorly.

That June 25th date is mad, somewhat annoyed I’m going on the 3rd… but oh well I will be at glasto.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Sir, this aged poorly.

That June 25th date is mad, somewhat annoyed I’m going on the 3rd… but oh well I will be at glasto.

Sam Fender seems to be following me around but I do really like him so can’t moan.  We catch catch Phoebe at Glasto I suppose