BST 2022

Matt42

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Going to guess Sam Fender to support on the 3rd July date

I don’t think the War on Drugs is that crazy of a shout either.

Love Sam Fender but I actually hope not.  He’s supporting my Killers gig, Headlining Victorious festival and at Glastonbury.  Think another gig might be even to much for me

2 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Sam Fender also has his own headline London park show with a different promoter. Surely this would count him out. 

Maybe - I feel like the stones get very large support acts though - probably done via personal invitation. 

8 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

That’s been my argument as well. Some here disagreed because it’s not a stadium show. 
I still think Florence And The Machine have to be a favourite 

Agreed think Florence would be a good fit for the Stones and there’s not many people too big to support The Stones.

Got tickets for 25th as figured it would be easier as Glasto ticket holders were already sorted. In cattle class unfortunately as £ 250 to be near the front was a bit pricey for me.

Would be very happy if Flo supported.

3 hours ago, John L said:

Agreed think Florence would be a good fit for the Stones and there’s not many people too big to support The Stones.

Got tickets for 25th as figured it would be easier as Glasto ticket holders were already sorted. In cattle class unfortunately as £ 250 to be near the front was a bit pricey for me.

Would be very happy if Flo supported.

Flo supported them at the London Stadium last time they toured here (2017?). Suppose she could do it again but are the Stones likely to give others a chance? 

13 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

That’s been my argument as well. Some here disagreed because it’s not a stadium show. 
I still think Florence And The Machine have to be a favourite 

I think acts like Maneskin could do it too. Free both weekends and they are surprisingly not at Glastonbury. They’ve also supported the stones recently. 

Link for Lucky Dip tickets up on Stones website for every show apart from Hyde Park - as expected I think. Is that because they expect demand to meet supply and don't need to do it or just to do with the way BST works slightly differently as a 'festival'  

10 minutes ago, Chef said:

Link for Lucky Dip tickets up on Stones website for every show apart from Hyde Park - as expected I think. Is that because they expect demand to meet supply and don't need to do it or just to do with the way BST works slightly differently as a 'festival'  

Yeah would guess it just is treated as a festival and not their own show. 

This has also been announced relatively late compared to every other outdoor thing this summer, so people will already have tickets to stuff, or have loosely pencilled in stuff to go to. Dropping £100+ on another day out is going to be a lot for people this year.

It'll sell out eventually but I can understand why it hasn't been a bloodbath.

I'm waiting to see who the support artists are.  It's infuriating that they keep so much information back.  They still haven't finished announcing the Duran Duran line-up, and I had bought tickets for that when it was first advertised, largely because of the inclusion of Grace Jones.

15 hours ago, Damsonz said:

I'm waiting to see who the support artists are.  It's infuriating that they keep so much information back.  They still haven't finished announcing the Duran Duran line-up, and I had bought tickets for that when it was first advertised, largely because of the inclusion of Grace Jones.

Fingers crossed it’s someone good.  Think Matts call of Jack White actually makes a lot of sense.  

Would Be nice to know soon

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 2:45 PM, Damsonz said:

Anyone heard any whispers about supports?

Nope, seems strange Elton has nothing listed 2 months out. 

We're only going for him anyway but a big support on the level of Pixies or Stereophonics would be great, obviously someone more suitable to EJ. London Grammar come to mind.