BST 2022

Matt42

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Inhaler are probably a decent shout to be the main support at the second gig. Primal Scream quite possible too, naturally.

Inhaler I can see.

the Stones usually pull out a big name main support though. I guess it’s the attraction of supporting them. Then they usually appear with the band.

Florence did the London Stadium show, could it be possible she’d do this as well. Suspicious lack of London festival show. 

15 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Inhaler I can see.

the Stones usually pull out a big name main support though. I guess it’s the attraction of supporting them. Then they usually appear with the band.

Florence did the London Stadium show, could it be possible she’d do this as well. Suspicious lack of London festival show. 

Again, that was stadiums. The money was going into the Stones' pockets so they had more riding on it and would be able to rope in some pals. If you go to @sisco's post on the last page, the support last time was Jake Bugg on his first album and The Vaccines on their second (admittedly their peak but not a huge booking).

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Again, that was stadiums. The money was going into the Stones' pockets so they had more riding on it and would be able to rope in some pals. If you go to @sisco's post on the last page, the support last time was Jake Bugg on his first album and The Vaccines on their second (admittedly their peak but not a huge booking).

I get that but AEG we’re also the promoters of the Stadium shows. 
idk, but I suspect there might be a bigger name in there this time. 

2 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

I get that but AEG we’re also the promoters of the Stadium shows. 
idk, but I suspect there might be a bigger name in there this time. 

Ehh I really doubt it. These things are a guaranteed sellout regardless of who’s on before the Stones - what would be the point in booking a huge act to open for them? The stadium shows were a harder sell and probably didn’t sell out all the way even with big support, and iirc there were great tickets being offered at low prices as a few people on here turned up on the day and scooped them up. Ain’t gonna happen here. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

iirc there were great tickets being offered at low prices as a few people on here turned up on the day and scooped them up. Ain’t gonna happen here. 

Those lucky dip tickets where you bought cheap tix and found out where you were sat on the day? What a class scheme that is - I think it's generally a fun thing they do on tours rather than to get rid of empty seats (although I imagine more are thrown in when it's a slow seller).

Shame they're seemingly doing 2/3 of their UK shows here where that's not gonna be a thing. Might wait and see if they do that for Anfield tho.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Might wait and see if they do that for Anfield tho.

They've been doing them for a while I believe and definitely did them in the States last year so they should be a thing. Supposedly they go on sale at the same time as general sale (so Friday) but you need to go through the official site rather than Ticketmaster etc. 

• Upvote 1

Official via bst tweet. presale at 10

13 hours ago, sisco said:

£92!! Wow.  Don’t think I’ll be seeing them this time

Do you understand it can cost  triple that if it was just a normal stadium show for a good seat? You will see them general admission standing and a bunch of other support acts to go with the cost Here.

17 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It was never going to be cheaper than that. It's £380 for the top ticket. 

I've seen them at Glastonbury so that'll do for me. It's not the same now Charlie Watt isn't there either. 

Yep saw them at Glasto and at the Olympic stadium.  Few friends want to go who’ve never seen them so suddenly trying to justify it in my head

26 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yep saw them at Glasto and at the Olympic stadium.  Few friends want to go who’ve never seen them so suddenly trying to justify it in my head

I have often said that if I've seen the setlist etc and the best of a band headline Glastonbury that it would take something special to pay out again at another venue. I've done this a few times but for The Stones, this would take away the uniqueness of it and being Hyde Park you don't know the sound will be great either.