BST 2022

Matt42

Thanks! Things are getting more and more concrete. Normally the Stones are running a weeklong campaign with posters and social media posts before an announcement. Would be surprised if we really get the dates this week.

But maybe they waived the campaign and just drop dates due to the world being upside down at the moment.

Edited by Karlos12345

52 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Thanks! Things are getting more and more concrete. Normally the Stones are running a weeklong campaign with posters and social media posts before an announcement. Would be surprised if we really get the dates this week.

But maybe they waived the campaign and just drop dates due to the world being upside down at the moment.

March 14th has been reported for announcement. Might start to tease later this week.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

March 14th has been reported for announcement. Might start to tease later this week.

Yeah looks like it was pushed back a few days. Cause 14th contradicts with what Robin says and what was reported in Austrian newspapers. IORR also had this week in their news.

On 1/6/2022 at 11:53 AM, Matt42 said:

Holy shit

Its the Rolling Stones isn’t it?

I checked IORR and it says that they are expected to announce a tour in the next few weeks. They wouldn’t need help selling tickets at all.

Plus the Stones said they were playing festivals this year.

Mystic Matt strikes again

53 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Does anyone want to take a pop at the supports for the Stones dates? 

I wonder if The Strokes for one of them isn’t a crazy idea? 

I feel it is a bit of a crazy idea.

The Stones do have had some massive supports now and then on their stadium tours but when it's BST footing the bill, I expect they'll skimp on the supporting lineup, what with it being a guaranteed sellout anyway. The Strokes would cost a fair few quid for no real benefit to the sales.

Would expect the main ones to be the likes of Supergrass or Richard Ashcroft.

Gonna take a stab at Jack White (June 26th only), Noel Gallagher (July 3rd only), Primal Scream, Sharon van Etten, Fontaines DC, Grace Jones, Inhaler, Buzzcocks, Brooke Combe. Well, this whippersnapper would enjoy that, at least.

Half of those were quite randomly plucked, but all of them seem to be active and in Europe at the end of June!

12 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Gonna take a stab at Jack White (June 26th only), Noel Gallagher (July 3rd only), Primal Scream, Sharon van Etten, Fontaines DC, Grace Jones, Inhaler, Buzzcocks, Brooke Combe. Well, this whippersnapper would enjoy that, at least.

Half of those were quite randomly plucked, but all of them seem to be active and in Europe at the end of June!

Grace Jones was originally in the line-up for Duran Duran day, but much to my disappointment her name hasn't reappeared after the postponements.  I did say earlier that I wouldn't want to see her added to a different day, but I'd be happy to see her on the Stones day - provided we know in good time.  Would hate to book the wrong day!  She is appearing at Meltdown at the South Bank Centre in mid-June.