BST 2022

Matt42

Just now, Karlos12345 said:

APE in 2019 wasn‘t sold out either with 20k less tickets than BST I think.

If they‘ll do it, they need a very good undercard, even a co-headliner maybe.

I think they’ll just stack the undercard tbh. Had Beck supporting in 2015 with a bunch of other current indie favourites so I imagine it’ll be similar this time around. 

27 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

I mean, if Strokes et all didn't sell out APE in 2019, it must've had a hell of a capacity limit. I was at that gig and the crowd size and queues for everything was crazy.

Quite something though if the last big outdoor London show they did was with poor sound quality at All Points East and next one is Hyde Park, a venue notorious for iffy sound quality.

34 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I mean, if Strokes et all didn't sell out APE in 2019, it must've had a hell of a capacity limit. I was at that gig and the crowd size and queues for everything was crazy.

Quite something though if the last big outdoor London show they did was with poor sound quality at All Points East and next one is Hyde Park, a venue notorious for iffy sound quality.

The strokes at APE was a sell out I believe.

28 minutes ago, retrokev said:

i just have a feeling that the strokes may take a headline slot at victorious. would fit well for victorious and their guitar indie vibe

They are touring America with RHCP in August and September. 

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

About a month in advance. So it could have sold more, you'd think. BST is a logical step from there; bigger and fits the dates.

I find it very bizarre how the strokes went from 2015 BST where they had to give away tix for almost free, to a good showing at APE 4 yrs later (no new album) and now maybe back to BST. Weird.

36 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I find it very bizarre how the strokes went from 2015 BST where they had to give away tix for almost free, to a good showing at APE 4 yrs later (no new album) and now maybe back to BST. Weird.

Obviously we don't know how the numbers break down - but AEG do, and presumably what they'll be most interested in won't be how many tickets were given away, but how many they sold at full price before that.

If they can flog say 40,000 of the 65,000 tickets at Hyde Park, on a lineup that was relatively cheap to put together, they could plausbily turn a higher profit than they would on a sold out show that cost twice as much to book.

3 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

It‘s still interesting to see if we‘ll have 9 nights. If so, they have still 5 slots to fill. And the 25th and 26th would be competing with the RHCP at London Stadium.

I think they’d easily fill 5 more slots. Metallica still need a UK date. Now Florence. So if The Strokes and Adele are being touted for BST that only actually leaves 1 more act. 

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Springsteen?

While you can never rule out things changing if the right deal can be found - in about the last 15 years, the only UK shows he's done that weren't promoted by Live Nation or one of its affiliates were IOW Festival, and before that Glastonbury. Doing an AEG show would be a fairly big surprise. U2 are likely to never play BST for the same reason.

55 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Springsteen was another one I was thinking when the Mad Cool thing started coming about, since the timing is very much spot on.

Springsteen has been a regular rumour in the thread for Mad Cool, especially since the announcement of a bonus Sunday.

I take it there's strong rumours he could be touring in 2022 then?

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Springsteen?

I thought he had a bad time with Hyde Park in the past anyway?