BST 2022

Matt42

21 hours ago, foolee said:

How many dates are left for this? Metallica have got to be in for a shout at doing this. Just waiting for a UK show as they’ve got a fair few lined up over Europe. 

If they do get 'tellica I'd expect a strong as fuck line up as there's loads of bands touring but not at Download or have their own summer dates. I'd actually reckon the day could be worth it without having to see them which is just as exciting to me.

'tellica have Sabaton and Five Finger Death Punch in Germany, Avenged Sevenfold & Bring Me The Horizon perhaps too big for a sub spot but they are around and I could see it possibly happen, Halestorm doing an intimate tour early in the year so I could see them coming over again and some stand out names like Killswitch Engage, Gojira, Nightwish, Ministry around too plus a string of smaller bands to make up the numbers like Thrice, Hatebreed, Dragonforce, Suicidal Tendencies, Crossfaith, Monster Magnet etc who are about and some local favourites like Bullet For My Valentine, While She Sleeps, Bury Tomorrow, Massive Wagons or Skindrend etc.

39 minutes ago, jump said:

If they do get 'tellica I'd expect a strong as fuck line up as there's loads of bands touring but not at Download or have their own summer dates. I'd actually reckon the day could be worth it without having to see them which is just as exciting to me.

'tellica have Sabaton and Five Finger Death Punch in Germany, Avenged Sevenfold & Bring Me The Horizon perhaps too big for a sub spot but they are around and I could see it possibly happen, Halestorm doing an intimate tour early in the year so I could see them coming over again and some stand out names like Killswitch Engage, Gojira, Nightwish, Ministry around too plus a string of smaller bands to make up the numbers like Thrice, Hatebreed, Dragonforce, Suicidal Tendencies, Crossfaith, Monster Magnet etc who are about and some local favourites like Bullet For My Valentine, While She Sleeps, Bury Tomorrow, Massive Wagons or Skindrend etc.

This is my thinking. There’s so many bands that you’d think would usually be at Download there’s got to be another heavy festival or one day event next year. You say about Avenged and BMTH being too big but you’d expect them to do something next summer in the UK. My thinking is Metallica at BST or another outdoor show billed as a festival lineup alongside a strong Knotfest bill in August with someone like BMTH subbing with a strong lineup. Then a lot of the acts you’ve mentioned can be split out on those two lineups with the remainder playing their own shows and the odd band appearing on the R&L bill. 

It’s actually scary how many bands that will have something in the UK lined up next year that isn’t announced yet. Think it’s going to be stacked! 

Edited by foolee

9 minutes ago, foolee said:

This is my thinking. There’s so many bands that you’d think would usually be at Download there’s got to be another heavy festival or one day event next year. You say about Avenged and BMTH being too big but you’d expect them to do something next summer in the UK. My thinking is Metallica at BST or another outdoor show billed as a festival lineup alongside a strong Knotfest bill in August with someone like BMTH subbing with a strong lineup. Then a lot of the acts you’ve mentioned can be split out on those two lineups with the remainder playing their own shows and the odd band appearing on the R&L bill. 

It’s actually scary how many bands that will have something in the UK lined up next year that isn’t announced yet. Think it’s going to be stacked! 

Only thing is I don't see some of the US bands touring Europe all summer and some of them will choose to do their own shows but yeah there should be something coming. I could also see a Festival Republic Finsbury Park show for Avenged Sevenfold, Bring Me The Horizon or Five Finger Death Punch with a full line up just because it'd be so eassy to get bands to fit there.

Personally I'm kinda fed up with Download so a one day event would be great.

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

Is LiveNation UK involved in BST? Cause the tour was explicitly announced as a LN endeavor.

Nope. BST is AEG Live.

Seems like the Chilis tour is stadiums so, in the capital, it will probably be a night at either London Stadium or Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. A little too big for just a Finsbury show I reckon.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Yeah saw that this morning.  I’m honestly amazed and confused by it!! Makes no sense to me as a 1 off really 

Yeah really bizarre would have predicted it. BST guys must feel over the moon if they’ve managed to bag one of the biggest comebacks of the decade so far… (ahead of stadium shows).