Covid cases from boardmasters...... Leading to beautiful days

guypjfreak

6 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

They’ve been briefing these bits out to the press ready to blame (mainly) younger people for going out and doing fun things for the upcoming rise in cases: 

Yeah i saw that. I have a feeling "behavioural mitigations" will be part of out festival reality next year. Not sure how viable that is though 

Always thought we were getting away with one this year and that they'd finally catch on! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

13 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

They’ve been briefing these bits out to the press ready to blame (mainly) younger people for going out and doing fun things for the upcoming rise in cases: 

The 'advice' seems to have been asks on the tube beforehand ( which isnt the festivals purview), vaccine passports ( whcih most places did) and DONT HAVE FUN

seems a non-story to me. Fake SAGE angry at young people having a life

I managed to do Warm Up festival, Lost Village festival and a Kaiser Chiefs gig without catching the covid. I don’t know of anyone that did catch it at any of these events either. 

We all know there’s a risk and if we aren’t happy taking that risk then we shouldn’t go to events. 

I’ve isolated in between events and not seen my family and friends in between them either.  I’m obviously glad I didn’t catch it but would take the risks again as it was bloody glorious to be back doing what we love! 

3 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Pretty good going from Green Man

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58447565 

went GreenMan and it was well organised in terms of helping to prevent spread of virus. All tents had sides up so better ventilation, queueing system at bars etc to prevent crowding, and a mostly older crowd who are more likely fuilly vaccinated and also less likely to mosh or want to be too close to another human, unlike those horrid little scrotes you get at boardmasters or R&L.

6 hours ago, stuie said:

I managed to do Warm Up festival, Lost Village festival and a Kaiser Chiefs gig without catching the covid. I don’t know of anyone that did catch it at any of these events either. 

We all know there’s a risk and if we aren’t happy taking that risk then we shouldn’t go to events. 

I’ve isolated in between events and not seen my family and friends in between them either.  I’m obviously glad I didn’t catch it but would take the risks again as it was bloody glorious to be back doing what we love! 

Totally with you- we did latitude, 110 above, supergrass in London and Leeds Fest Friday. Gf caught covid at Leeds (her positive, me negative when we did the test a few days later, but same symptoms at same time. So exposed to it all week and am fine so something good going on for me!) 

We then have a mad week of blossoms sat 18th, kaiser chiefs/razorlight 22nd, courteeners/Johnny marr/blossoms/big moon/zuzu 25th; snow patrol 26th and Inhaler/wet leg 29th. Fully expect to not make all of those but got to try. All hotels cancellable until the day

Can you tell we don't expect to be doing this for a while again...😂

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

I'm not an event planning expert but these recommendations are basically unhelpful. 

wearing face-coverings when travelling and when at the event;

minimising crowding in bars and pubs;

reducing the number of people entering events or venues who are potentially infectious;

managing the density of crowds in areas such as hospitality. 

Face coverings are already recommended on transport, almost all large festivals had covid checks to minimise infectious entry, tents with bars in had sides removed or were outdoors and the hospitality I saw (crew side) was all social distanced. 

The only thing that might not have been done is minimise crowding in bars (but they put most outside from what I saw) and face coverings during (but that was mitigated by testing)

Really not sure what the guy in the article is moaning about?

38 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I'm not an event planning expert but these recommendations are basically unhelpful. 

wearing face-coverings when travelling and when at the event;

minimising crowding in bars and pubs;

reducing the number of people entering events or venues who are potentially infectious;

managing the density of crowds in areas such as hospitality. 

Face coverings are already recommended on transport, almost all large festivals had covid checks to minimise infectious entry, tents with bars in had sides removed or were outdoors and the hospitality I saw (crew side) was all social distanced. 

The only thing that might not have been done is minimise crowding in bars (but they put most outside from what I saw) and face coverings during (but that was mitigated by testing)

Really not sure what the guy in the article is moaning about?

That festivals are happening at all. Just want us locked up at home with double masks 'just in case'

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Totally with you- we did latitude, 110 above, supergrass in London and Leeds Fest Friday. Gf caught covid at Leeds (her positive, me negative when we did the test a few days later, but same symptoms at same time. So exposed to it all week and am fine so something good going on for me!) 

We then have a mad week of blossoms sat 18th, kaiser chiefs/razorlight 22nd, courteeners/Johnny marr/blossoms/big moon/zuzu 25th; snow patrol 26th and Inhaler/wet leg 29th. Fully expect to not make all of those but got to try. All hotels cancellable until the day

Can you tell we don't expect to be doing this for a while again...😂

Exactly! We booked so many things over the last 18 months, cancelled, rolled over etc… it was bizarre actually being back at it at first! My mate is convinced we’ve fully tested our vaccines but I’m a bit less blasé 😂😂 

But I went into them thinking fuck it, I’m not gonna be any different to the ‘old days’ and whatever happens does. You roll the dice I guess and after hugging friends old and new, sharing joints, drinks and getting properly involved it all worked out ok I guess. 

All I know is a month ago I felt jaded and downbeat and now I’ve got my chipper side back and love people again! 😍😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Dunno about that, as the tweeter said, it's just a rumour from someone with an agenda.

True at this point but I'm not sure I'd risk my livelihood on the government not making kneejerk decisions now that they're back from recess and schools are back! 

3 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

True at this point but I'm not sure I'd risk my livelihood on the government not making kneejerk decisions now that they're back from recess and schools are back! 

It feels like there's maybe another story here because unless I've missed something there's no indication apart from that one story that there may be more lockdowns imminent? 

Other festivals have similar risks and are going ahead in that time frame, I just don't see how the situation has changed dramatically from say 3 weeks ago to make it less likely it'll be able to happen. 

Last September there were a LOT of calls for a firebreak lockdown but this is just one story that seems to have made them pull the plug?

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

It feels like there's maybe another story here because unless I've missed something there's no indication apart from that one story that there may be more lockdowns imminent? 

Other festivals have similar risks and are going ahead in that time frame, I just don't see how the situation has changed dramatically from say 3 weeks ago to make it less likely it'll be able to happen. 

Last September there were a LOT of calls for a firebreak lockdown but this is just one story that seems to have made them pull the plug?

I guess the picture is that we get a leak( seems like a softening up process )  … which gets swiftly denied followed by a u turn … that’s happened quite a few times throughout the pandemic … 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I guess the picture is that we get a leak( seems like a softening up process )  … which gets swiftly denied followed by a u turn … that’s happened quite a few times throughout the pandemic … 

I'm just amazed that they've pulled in their words an "eight figure sum" festival over a leak. 

Wonder if it'll be back next year regardless.

11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

11 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I'm just amazed that they've pulled in their words an "eight figure sum" festival over a leak. 

Wonder if it'll be back next year regardless.

It's less about lockdowns and more about the throwaway mention of social distancing in September. The insurance scheme doesn't cover if an event is technically allowed to go ahead but "just" with social distancing. That threat hangs over festivals ongoing as well, so I still maintain its not 100% that it's a normal festival season next year. I hope I'm wrong but the times they have to plan, announce etc things might not be looking too good 

On 9/8/2021 at 8:28 AM, rivalschools.price said:

Lucky so far. Been to Reading, Bloodstock and off to watch Wales football today and have tested negative before band after in each case so far.

If i can get away with mixing with 140000 people and not catch then I’ll be happy.

Will prob catch it from the postman next week haha.

Festivals seem pretty safe from my experience. I did Farmfest (camping) plus three of the Crystal Palace day fests and a day at All Points East.

I ended up catching it off my mate, sat on a sofa, just the two of us, watching Stones vids and drinking after Charlie died. Good news is I'm allowed back out from midnight tomorrow!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

It's less about lockdowns and more about the throwaway mention of social distancing in September. The insurance scheme doesn't cover if an event is technically allowed to go ahead but "just" with social distancing. That threat hangs over festivals ongoing as well, so I still maintain its not 100% that it's a normal festival season next year. I hope I'm wrong but the times they have to plan, announce etc things might not be looking too good 

If social distancing comes back in event spaces, that causes chaos for the whole industry. Can local theatres survive another season without pantomimes? (Oh no they can’t etc) What about all the gigs booked for the autumn and beyond?

Edited by Ryan1984

7 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

If social distancing comes back in event spaces, that causes chaos for the whole industry. Can local theatres survive another season without pantomimes? (Oh no they can’t etc) What about all the gigs booked for the autumn and beyond?

I know 😔. First to go at the first sign of hospitals being in trouble, last to come back. 

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Festivals seem pretty safe from my experience. I did Farmfest (camping) plus three of the Crystal Palace day fests and a day at All Points East.

I ended up catching it off my mate, sat on a sofa, just the two of us, watching Stones vids and drinking after Charlie died. Good news is I'm allowed back out from midnight tomorrow!

I think that's the moral of the whole pandmeic though, that many people seem to have missed, you get it from peopel you know not strangers. I went to Latitude and worked at Reading. Thoroughly lat flow tested after Latitude, had to have a PCR after Reading because I got a local bug that gave me a cough. All the tests came back negative, thankfully seems like my jabs worked well! 

I think over all the answer is to encourage regular testing for everyone. You need to treat PCR tests like STD tests. The more risky your behaviour the more you test. I tend to do a LFT on Mondays and Thursdays as I like to go out at the weekends. 

Edited by TalkShow Bob
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, TalkShow Bob said:

I think that's the moral of the whole pandmeic though, that many people seem to have missed, you get it from peopel you know not strangers. I went to Latitude and worked at Reading. Thoroughly lat flow tested after Latitude, had to have a PCR after Reading because I got a local bug that gave me a cough. All the tests came back negative, thankfully seems like my jabs worked well! 

I think over all the answer is to encourage regular testing for everyone. You need to treat PCR tests like STD tests. The more risky your behaviour the more you test. I tend to do a LFT on Mondays and Thursdays as I like to go out at the weekends. 

I had a cough, type, illness after Reading, as well. I’ve spent the last two weeks doing Lateral Flow tests. But they’re all negative!! I’m very  relieved about it!!

I’m going to the Isle of Wight next week. I’m hoping they’ll do boosters. I’m going to take my vaccine card, just in case!!🙄

10 minutes ago, stt11 said:

I had a cough, type, illness after Reading, as well. I’ve spent the last two weeks doing Lateral Flow tests. But they’re all negative!! I’m very  relieved about it!!

I’m going to the Isle of Wight next week. I’m hoping they’ll do boosters. I’m going to take my vaccine card, just in case!!🙄

Worth getting a walk in PCR before IoW to be on the safe side?

38 minutes ago, stt11 said:

Wow I'm not sure I'd be up for a vaccine at a festival- proper wiped me out for an evening last time, which is fine in normal life but not there. Would not be able to hack that, and could ruin a day of the festival for me

Edited by efcfanwirral