Covid cases from boardmasters...... Leading to beautiful days

guypjfreak

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

We went to Moovin this weekend and the number of people coughing in the morning was very noticeable. But saying that it was really cold overnight. 

Defo that time of year... Summers come and gone in a blink of a eye old son 

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

We went to Moovin this weekend and the number of people coughing in the morning was very noticeable. But saying that it was really cold overnight. 

It was the same at 110 above and Latitude - I think it's a combination of things and always happens, we just maybe don't take notice normally 

49 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

We'll have to wait for and see what happens after reading and Leeds 

Tarw Jr went to Leeds. He said that there was lots of coughing and now he has symptoms (double vaxxed). Waiting for PCR results 

49 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Didn’t Cornwall in general have a spike over the past few weeks due to all the tourists? A festival is an easy target.

Yeah I seem to remember that too, they also blamed a spike earlier in the summer to the G7 summit iirc - as you say mass gatherings like this will always be the first point of blame in any rise but I think it's impossible to verify in many ways 

Not many people in Cornwall blame BM. Apparently the testing data show the Cornish covid wave pre dated BM, but BM was the cherry on top for sure. 

Cornwall’s been absolutely rammed since June, especially the honey pots like Newquay. So much so that most locals - that I’ve spoken too - are much angrier about mass tourism and its effects than BM. Everyone had sort of rationalised that if BM didn’t happen for a third year in a row then it might die and that wouldn’t be cool. 

[By miles the worst behaved bunch of bastards in Cornwall this year I’ve ever known. Litter, hospitality abuse, piss, and shit everywhere.]

On 9/3/2021 at 7:50 AM, Chapple12345 said:

Yeah I seem to remember that too, they also blamed a spike earlier in the summer to the G7 summit iirc - as you say mass gatherings like this will always be the first point of blame in any rise but I think it's impossible to verify in many ways 

The entire SW peninsula is an enhanced covid response area because we've been rammo all summer with grockles and emmits. Even ythough schools are going back it'll calm down here by mid-october. 

Do people still wander about Reading during the festival? When I used to go we spent loads of time in the local pubs.

If not, then there probably wouldn't be a spike in Reading itself as the punters come from all over the place and disperse straight after. No doubt there will be a lot that caught it there but spread around the UK amongst the 40k+ per day seen anyway, it won't show as a spike.

46 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

The entire SW peninsula is an enhanced covid response area because we've been rammo all summer with grockles and emmits. Even ythough schools are going back it'll calm down here by mid-october. 

I can imagine from the context but what are grockles and emmits 😂

20 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Do people still wander about Reading during the festival? When I used to go we spent loads of time in the local pubs.

If not, then there probably wouldn't be a spike in Reading itself as the punters come from all over the place and disperse straight after. No doubt there will be a lot that caught it there but spread around the UK amongst the 40k+ per day seen anyway, it won't show as a spike.

That's what I'm thinking about Creamfields - it's not exactly going to be full of 90,000 people from the borough of Halton but that seems to be where the Twitter stats people are looking. Not complaining though, the less outbreaks linked to festivals the better. 

Surely it’s got to the point where we just can’t do anything about it anymore unless we lock up and shit down festivals, gigs, restaurants and whatever else forever.  Whenever lots of people get together there will be spikes, it’s a guarantee! As a stupid example my children hadn’t really suffered with colds/sickness/diarrhoea all year then they went back to school…. Guess what happened?!

We just need to put in place testing/vaccinations/sanitising as we have and then just get on with it.  The reporting numbers or aftermath of events just doesn’t help anyone at all anymore. 

• Like 2