Covid cases from boardmasters...... Leading to beautiful days

guypjfreak

3 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

To be honest considering you can still easily carry and transmit the disease with both jabs a negative test would seemingly be much more useful 

Yes you can but it's better cover than 1 jab on 16-19 year old's.

Also I think you are missing a huge point here, the biggest point of it all. A negative test on LFT's is only 50% correct, this IS the big problem with it. If it was much more reliable then nearly 5k people wouldn't have caught covid there. What do people not get about that?

When the Indian variant was heavily gathering pace, a plain full of passengers from there tested positive here after testing negative when they left from LFT's.

Pretty sure I got COVID (which I’m currently isolating for) as a slight result of Boardmasters. I stopped off at a service station full with Boardmaster-goers on the way to Cornwa last weekend.

I mean that with no malice at all, it just makes sense that that’s where I would have picked it up from, especially given the days and time periods etc.

3 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

To be honest considering you can still easily carry and transmit the disease with both jabs a negative test would seemingly be much more useful 

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yes you can but it's better cover than 1 jab on 16-19 year old's.

Also I think you are missing a huge point here, the biggest point of it all. A negative test on LFT's is only 50% correct, this IS the big problem with it. If it was much more reliable then nearly 5k people wouldn't have caught covid there. What do people not get about that?

When the Indian variant was heavily gathering pace, a plain full of passengers from there tested positive here after testing negative when they left from LFT's.

Between the correct logic of both of you there isn't an answer. You either have events with the chance people will catch it and base their behaviour accordingly, or don't have them at all. There's no good answer - with breakthrough infections more common it doesn't seem like vaccine only passes are the answer right now, but the tests are shit too.

There's an argument the older demographic stay away from each other with less pits and the like, especially now being sensible about covid, which could explain why some of the other festivals have fared better.

I think ultimately this is a problem that goes away in a couple of weeks after "young persons" festival season ends and as cases go up as schools and unis go back, then flu kicks in and hospitals really come under pressure again, such gatherings will likely start to get cancelled throughout autumn, and then be outright banned again in the height of winter. I'd expect a similar pattern to this year but with maybe outdoor events back at the usual time

Edited by efcfanwirral

The lateral flow test with NHS app is essentially self certification. How many people didn't bother testing because they felt fine and registered a negative test anyway, or tested positive without symptoms and decided they didn't want to miss out because they felt alright?

The government spent a year and a half telling young people that they're not at risk....then 6 months boasting about what a great job we've done vaccinating all of the older, more vulnerable people it's no wonder it's not taken as seriously.

1 minute ago, Justiceforcedave said:

The lateral flow test with NHS app is essentially self certification. How many people didn't bother testing because they felt fine and registered a negative test anyway, or tested positive without symptoms and decided they didn't want to miss out because they felt alright?

The government spent a year and a half telling young people that they're not at risk....then 6 months boasting about what a great job we've done vaccinating all of the older, more vulnerable people it's no wonder it's not taken as seriously.

There's also the case of, if the LFTs are being done correctly as they can be quite sensitive.

Well what every the out come I thought the numbers were worth putting up.... One thing I don't get is why people had to smash the gel things off the wall etc..

Personally I had a great time and met a few nice old sons.. 

1 hour ago, Justiceforcedave said:

I was going to say this about the LFT’s. You can literally scan the QR code and say you’re negative without doing the test 😂

Bonkers.

I did Latitude and Boardmasters, the difference in organisation was astonishing. I reckon FR will be pretty on it for R&L this weekend, honestly cannot see myself going back to Boardmasters it was that bad. Definitely going to be a ton of cases at R&L, but proportionally hopefully fewer than Boardmasters. R&L also don't have the late night stages/tents nearly as much, I got it at Latitude and i reckon thats where it was from honestly. Will be interesting to see the difference between the two sites though given Leeds has late night and Reading doesn't really.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

On the LFTs - does anyone know if the new ones are better in terms of actually detecting the virus? They definitely seem more sturdy in the equipment you get, but is that the only change? 

The older Innova tests reportedly had a detection rate between 58% and 79% according to a study - with the wide gap down to how it was used rather than the test itself being variable - while there's only limited comparison information out there so far, it sounds like the newer Orient Gene tests narrow that gap quite a bit - so from what I can make out if you're one of the few doing the doing the test exactly as intended then the Innova test is more likely to pick up an infection, but for most of us regular folk who don't really know how to swab properly then the Orient Gene test should catch more cases.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Anyloos ones at the top of Arena camping at BD had been jetwashed down and still smelt faintly of mild discenfectant when I used them first around Thurs at 230pm. Can't vouch for all of them tho as other loo vendors were involved.

These were the best loos of the festival and generally worth the 5 minute work when are 'local' ones by the shower block were full 🙂

11 hours ago, gfa said:

I did Latitude and Boardmasters, the difference in organisation was astonishing. I reckon FR will be pretty on it for R&L this weekend, honestly cannot see myself going back to Boardmasters it was that bad. Definitely going to be a ton of cases at R&L, but proportionally hopefully fewer than Boardmasters. R&L also don't have the late night stages/tents nearly as much, I got it at Latitude and i reckon thats where it was from honestly. Will be interesting to see the difference between the two sites though given Leeds has late night and Reading doesn't really.

What was the difference please? Curious to know as not read much about either.

On 8/24/2021 at 3:08 PM, JoeyT said:

Given my wife had covid and isolated for 10 days meanwhile I didn't contract it at all from her (double jabbed) during that time having done an LFT every day I'd say the majority of us who frequent these boards will be perfectly protected at the various gigs / festivals we attend.

viva la moderna.

I got covid at boardmasters. Double jabbed 

Tested positive for covid after going to beautiful days, sure it could have happened in a few different ways but agree the toilets were pretty grim. In the evenings especially, overflowing loos and empty hand sanitisers meant queues of festival goers pressing repeatedly on countless pumps that didn't work without means of cleaning after. Mix this with the inevitable amounts of beer, and its a pretty effective breeding ground for bacteria to spread. In hindsight i should have carried my own sanitiser, but what are you gonna do. Lesson learnt, covid is by no means over and will avoid making the same mistake again. Especially as Im spending the remainder of my 2 week holiday in isolation. 🤦‍♂️

16 minutes ago, No hard feelings said:

Tested positive for covid after going to beautiful days, sure it could have happened in a few different ways but agree the toilets were pretty grim. In the evenings especially, overflowing loos and empty hand sanitisers meant queues of festival goers pressing repeatedly on countless pumps that didn't work without means of cleaning after. Mix this with the inevitable amounts of beer, and its a pretty effective breeding ground for bacteria to spread. In hindsight i should have carried my own sanitiser, but what are you gonna do. Lesson learnt, covid is by no means over and will avoid making the same mistake again. Especially as Im spending the remainder of my 2 week holiday in isolation. 🤦‍♂️

plenty of hand sanitiser about .... some more obvious than others .... its mostly an airborne virus though so could just as easily have been breathed in ... in a urinal ..... taking your own sanitised to a festival this year would also be more sensible than ever surely ? 

IMG_1119.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 1:36 PM, amfy said:

A lot of festival staff went from Boardmasters to Beautiful Days, and that may be an issue - vendors, volunteers, security, especially with these 2 festivals being geographically close.

In fact, regardless of proximity, a lot of festival staff are moving from festival to festival now in general - heading to the IOW as we speak!

You're heading to IOW ? see you there if you are 🙂

On 8/28/2021 at 6:34 PM, No hard feelings said:

hope yu;re OK , I always carry sanitiser, even pre covid, I'm that girl in the queue giving out sanitiser as people struggle with empty bottles...... hope you recover quickly

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 5:54 PM, crazyfool1 said:

plenty of hand sanitiser about .... some more obvious than others .... its mostly an airborne virus though so could just as easily have been breathed in ... in a urinal ..... taking your own sanitised to a festival this year would also be more sensible than ever surely ? 

IMG_1119.jpeg

Are they minions in the background? If so I want one of those suits 😂. Where's this?

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Are they minions in the background? If so I want one of those suits 😂. Where's this?

Beautiful days … the Sunday fancy dress theme was super hero’s … I went as super san and randomly bumped into some people dressed the same 🙂 and yep that’s minions 

Edited by crazyfool1

18 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Ha well I'm hoping they don't implement that advice before neighbourhood as I'm having my second the week after...but I also think maybe they should!! 

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

Ha well I'm hoping they don't implement that advice before neighbourhood as I'm having my second the week after...but I also think maybe they should!! 

Gove is dancing in nightclubs now. I very much doubt they'll listen to Fake SAGE over a few extra cases