Thats not how Covid works. 

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

News is saying that 4000 plus people confirmed covid at boardmasters 

The loos arrived straight from boardmasters as they were.. Apparently 

So looks like we might have a spike if you went to beautiful days 

.. Nightmare ah... 

23 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Thats not how Covid works. 

Yeah it's bad for plenty of other diseases of the stomach variety but the air is the main problem for covid! 

This is like watching a bad 80s sitcom where people think you can catch aids by touching the door handle after someone who is gay has used it.

Edited by jump
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

News is saying that 4000 plus people confirmed covid at boardmasters 

The loos arrived straight from boardmasters as they were.. Apparently 

So looks like we might have a spike if you went to beautiful days 

.. Nightmare ah... 

Were they cleaned in between? If not explains the many loo complaints I’ve seen 

Surely a big reason there was such a board masters surge was because it’s a festival that’s skews very young, so there were a load of unvaccinated teenagers?

and yeah you’re not gonna catch covid from using a bog someone else used days earlier.

A lot of festival staff went from Boardmasters to Beautiful Days, and that may be an issue - vendors, volunteers, security, especially with these 2 festivals being geographically close.

In fact, regardless of proximity, a lot of festival staff are moving from festival to festival now in general - heading to the IOW as we speak!

It’s not the sit down part people are worried about. How many people have touched the same toilet door handle without washing their hands? Definitely a risk of transmission there. 

If only there was a superhero on standby to make sure people sanitise. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, amfy said:

A lot of festival staff went from Boardmasters to Beautiful Days, and that may be an issue - vendors, volunteers, security, especially with these 2 festivals being geographically close.

In fact, regardless of proximity, a lot of festival staff are moving from festival to festival now in general - heading to the IOW as we speak!

But testing quite a bit if I remember right from my discussions whilst drunk at beautifull days … I’m sure someone said they did daily lateral flows … of course this won’t apply to all … but I’d imagine covers quite a few 

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s not the sit down part people are worried about. How many people have touched the same toilet door handle without washing their hands? Definitely a risk of transmission there. 

Again, surface transmission of Covid is very low and not really an issue

Surely they would have cleaned them between festivals? I was at Sign of the Times festival at the weekend and they had a team regularly cleaning and spraying down the toilet walls, doors etc. They were at least giving the impression of exercising some sort of infection control. No idea whether these staff worked for Sign of the Times or the company they hired the toilets from.

I would expect Beautiful Days would inspect the toilets when they where delivered so they  at least loooked "cosmetically clean"

Even before Covid, taking delievery of clean toilets would be standard practice even if they were just blasted with a hose, to look clean if not bacteria/virus free. I can't think of many companies in the current climate not making an effort with infection control. It would be pretty poor PR not to.

Just now, Ozanne said:

Taking COVID out of the discussion, that’s just rank and not really excusable. 

I can't stop thinking about them sloshing about on the back of trucks on the way there. What if there's been a crash? Imagine Sally Traffic reading that out on Radio 2.

Up here sturgeon has just had an emergency Covid briefing.   MacDonald’s running out of high calorie milk shakes has really spooked the Scottish government.

The compost loos at Worthy Pastures were excellent and clean. Apart from getting sawdust in your pants if someone had been a bit liberal with the sprinkling of it. It just takes a few grains of it to cause an itch 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

50 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

But testing quite a bit if I remember right from my discussions whilst drunk at beautifull days … I’m sure someone said they did daily lateral flows … of course this won’t apply to all … but I’d imagine covers quite a few 

We had to show a double jab on the app or a negative LFT within 48 hours before arriving and again after another 72 hours. Someone on our shift felt ill and tested positive on Sunday morning. Him and his family had come straight from Boardmasters. They were immediately taken off site and the rest of our shift were tested immediately during the shift, & everyone else was asked to test before going on shift after that.

So - there were precautions, but a positive can take a few days to show up so it can only reduce risk not eliminate it.

24 minutes ago, amfy said:

We had to show a double jab on the app or a negative LFT within 48 hours before arriving and again after another 72 hours. Someone on our shift felt ill and tested positive on Sunday morning. Him and his family had come straight from Boardmasters. They were immediately taken off site and the rest of our shift were tested immediately during the shift, & everyone else was asked to test before going on shift after that.

So - there were precautions, but a positive can take a few days to show up so it can only reduce risk not eliminate it.

This is absolutely ridiculous. They are just nowhere near an equal to each other. This is the exact Boardmasters issue because the majority haven't had the chance to have the second. Yes it's not ideal but with the rise of cases in younger people with only one jab what as the person said below did people really expect to happen?

22 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

This is absolutely ridiculous. They are just nowhere near an equal to each other. This is the exact Boardmasters issue because the majority haven't had the chance to have the second. Yes it's not ideal but with the rise of cases in younger people with only one jab what as the person said below did people really expect to happen?

To be honest considering you can still easily carry and transmit the disease with both jabs a negative test would seemingly be much more useful 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaxPower said:

Surely a big reason there was such a board masters surge was because it’s a festival that’s skews very young, so there were a load of unvaccinated teenagers?

and yeah you’re not gonna catch covid from using a bog someone else used days earlier.

That’s pretty much what they were saying on Radio 4 this morning. 70% of the cases were in the 16 - 21 range which are largely single vaccinated or completely unvaccinated.