Radiohead 2022?

Mouseboy11

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think we know @Mouseboy11 well enough to know that our man was off his head and some short bloke with a greasy ponytail was having him on.

Are you sure you're not confusing him with former poster and efests hall of famer "you do seem like a bit of a weapon tbh" Gucci Piggy? 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, big hog said:

To be honest I'm not sure they're popular enough to headline any more. Maybe Other Stage against Billie Eilish?

Yeah, sorry, no. Still popular and still sell out arenas and still a legacy act. They either headline or its a secret set.

With all that in mind, I WOULD BE FINE WITH THIS.

Really wouldn't expect to see them play next year in an official capacity, and would be surprised if they tour at all.

Thom and Johnny will be touring the smile, Ed has EOB to tour, and I would expect Thom to be doing TMB shows too. All three of those acts could be at the festival, with the latter two having been on the bill for 2020, although you would think that the smile supersede Thom's TMB slot. As half the band are likely to be playing, and their reputation for being there anyway as punters, it's not a hard stretch to imagine a secret set. 

That rumour (or some form of solo set) comes up every year though after 2010 and 2011, and aside from that one Thommo DJ set, it never comes to fruition. With so many solo plans it's hard to see the band getting together for rehearsals and mounting a small tour. A one off show seems highly unlikely, it's just not something they do as a band. 2011 was a one off, and they had been in rehearsals for the TKOL FTB recording that happened a few days after the Glastonbury set. The only logic I could see for it is if they do some sort of tour to run in new songs a la the festival run in 2006, but even then that would require them to be in the studio for significant periods before the summer, which would be tricky with the solo project tours that will likely be dotted around as the world reopens. 

I would absolutely love to see something happen, but I it just seems too unlikely to me. Thom is a known pisstaker too, so I would take his comment on the band playing with a huge pinch of salt. I'm also not sure that the festival would want them headlining again so soon, 

4 minutes ago, sirjonnyp said:

Really wouldn't expect to see them play next year in an official capacity, and would be surprised if they tour at all.

Thom and Johnny will be touring the smile, Ed has EOB to tour, and I would expect Thom to be doing TMB shows too. All three of those acts could be at the festival, with the latter two having been on the bill for 2020, although you would think that the smile supersede Thom's TMB slot. As half the band are likely to be playing, and their reputation for being there anyway as punters, it's not a hard stretch to imagine a secret set. 

That rumour (or some form of solo set) comes up every year though after 2010 and 2011, and aside from that one Thommo DJ set, it never comes to fruition. With so many solo plans it's hard to see the band getting together for rehearsals and mounting a small tour. A one off show seems highly unlikely, it's just not something they do as a band. 2011 was a one off, and they had been in rehearsals for the TKOL FTB recording that happened a few days after the Glastonbury set. The only logic I could see for it is if they do some sort of tour to run in new songs a la the festival run in 2006, but even then that would require them to be in the studio for significant periods before the summer, which would be tricky with the solo project tours that will likely be dotted around as the world reopens. 

I would absolutely love to see something happen, but I it just seems too unlikely to me. Thom is a known pisstaker too, so I would take his comment on the band playing with a huge pinch of salt. I'm also not sure that the festival would want them headlining again so soon, 

Agree with this. You'd love to see it but seems like a huge stretch.

I think they are every chance to play. Covid has changed everything...I think they want to play, they love the festival , ME loves them...it would be epic...who else would you prefer to Headline the belated 50th and be the soundtrack to the end of the world as we know it?

EoB, Johnny and Thom will be there...Phil and Colin at a loose end...

• Thanks 1

There are spoilers over on at ease as to what tracks are likely to be included in the rerelease. Not a complete list, but the songs that are confirmed so far are definitely going to be fan pleasers. Throw in a few from the kid a theory bootleg, leak minidiscs of 20 hours of Thom having a breakdown, and it's going to be an awesome set.