Radiohead 2022?

Mouseboy11

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

The Smile A Light for Attracting Attention has leaked, it's on the net. To the surprise of no-one, it's amazing. I'd maybe rank this above some Radiohead albums...

I haven’t listened to a leak in a few years now since I started using streaming properly, but considering next Friday is gonna be very much occupied by listening to Kendrick over and over, I’m very tempted to hunt this one down, especially after seeing some of the reception its getting already.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I haven’t listened to a leak in a few years now since I started using streaming properly, but considering next Friday is gonna be very much occupied by listening to Kendrick over and over, I’m very tempted to hunt this one down, especially after seeing some of the reception its getting already.

Exactly my reasoning, plus they've already released like half the album as singles and was getting tired of it. They've got yet another single out next Monday (Thin Thing).

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

No need to hunt it down hehe

On 4/22/2022 at 4:24 PM, Matt42 said:

The Smile will cancel a gig to play 

I bet you a tenner they won't. They knew when Glastonbury was going to be held. This isn't like when The Who were needed to step in as a headliner in an emergency. They would be just another band on the lineup, and sadly they won't be playing.

Album’s great. Really great. I can definitely see why they used a lot of this material for a side project rather than with their main band because quite a big chunk of it is looser, more groove based, and a bit more meandering, but every once in a while you’ll hear something that makes you think ‘damn this would’ve slapped in a Radiohead album’. 

Seeing a few comments on Reddit with people saying they much preferred the live versions they did on the Glastonbury stream. Luckily for me I only watched that the once when it was first on so no such problem here, although I’ll make sure to go back and watch it again once I’ve gotten to grips with the album versions more.

Gutted they’re not at Glastonbury this year, but stoked I’ll be seeing them at Primavera. 

50 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Album’s great. Really great. I can definitely see why they used a lot of this material for a side project rather than with their main band because quite a big chunk of it is looser, more groove based, and a bit more meandering, but every once in a while you’ll hear something that makes you think ‘damn this would’ve slapped in a Radiohead album’. 

Seeing a few comments on Reddit with people saying they much preferred the live versions they did on the Glastonbury stream. Luckily for me I only watched that the once when it was first on so no such problem here, although I’ll make sure to go back and watch it again once I’ve gotten to grips with the album versions more.

Gutted they’re not at Glastonbury this year, but stoked I’ll be seeing them at Primavera. 

Do you have a copy of the full Worthy performance?

Funny thing is there's little here to differentiate it from a regular Radiohead album. Sounds like a continuation of AMSP to me.

You could play this to someone who didn't know about The Smile and pass it off as the latest Radiohead album without too many arguments.

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Funny thing is there's little here to differentiate it from a regular Radiohead album. Sounds like a continuation of AMSP to me.

You could play this to someone who didn't know about The Smile and pass it off as the latest Radiohead album without too many arguments.

See I don't think it sounds anything like AMSP really. The only songs on AMSP that I can relate to this is Ful Stop/Identikit. I think it does sound like Radiohead though obviously. Just a lot more grooves and some ridiculous drumming. Love Phil but Tom Skinner is genius on this project imo.

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Are we sure this isn't just a stealth release of LP10 and "The Smile" is just a rouse?