Radiohead 2022?

Mouseboy11

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

It looks like Manchester is £55 after fees, which is still pretty expensive for one album  but could have been worse.

Cheeky. Annoyingly looks like their ruled out of Glasto, as I'd have tried to catch them there instead. I don't know if I'm willing to pay £55 to see them with only two songs released at the moment. I'm not really getting the extreme level of hype Radiohead fans seem to experience whenever they release anything ever. As well as being able to tell from one performance, that they're going to be the best thing that's happened to music in the next few years. While people are saying it's the best thing they've done since IR, I'm sitting here thinking it's pretty good, but not incredible at the moment. It took me a while to get their first one, but their second song was more instant for me and I'm a bigger fan of that one.

I'll have a think about it, as Radiohead are my #1 of all time and I haven't been able to see them yet, so it could be pretty special.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

You think? Pretty much exactly what I’d hope/expect to pay for something like this these days.

I mean, Radiohead charge a similar amount for their own gigs. Where you see them play for almost 2h and they've got an incredible catalogue. So charging the same for a band with two songs released, as well as a shorter setlist and everything, I think it's a bit much. I'd expect £35 if you look at the prices of other gigs held at the same venues.

Just now, Miyn said:

I mean, Radiohead charge a similar amount for their own gigs. Where you see them play for almost 2h and they've got an incredible catalogue. So charging the same for a band with two songs released, as well as a shorter setlist and everything, I think it's a bit much. I'd expect £35 if you look at the prices of other gigs held at the same venues.

Do Radiohead really charge that amount for their tickets?  I thought it was at least £70 for a normal ticket (not tiny warm up gig).

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

They’ve got two songs out 

Will have an album out come the shows I assume, and as much as you may not like it, it essentially being Radiohead #2 is always gonna add a few quid on.

Maybe I’m just used to being shaken down when it comes to gig tickets these days, but I was fully expecting to have to fork out £50 whenever they decided to tour.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m having a bad day and this has made it worse. Surely there was room for them on the lineup? Why on earth have they been passed by.

Can't imagine they weren't asked, maybe they wanted to keep a distance from the festival before Radiohead's return to headline in 2023.