Radiohead 2022?

Mouseboy11

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, CurlyPutz said:

Spotted this today. I do wonder if we will get radiohead back together myself but fingers crossed. 

https://exclaim.ca/music/article/radiohead_are_coming_back_around_to_that_point_of_reuniting_says_philip_selway

Enjoyed The Smile album more than the last couple of Radiohead albums TBH. I sort of hope they reunite for a tour though.

23 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Moon Shaped Pool and King of Limbs didn't do it for you?

sadly not....really wish they did as I would consider myself "a massive Radiohead fan" they were probably one of my favourite bands, probably wouldn't have got into the Warp back catalogue if it wasn't for Kid A. 

There are some good moments on KOL & MSP but overall I found them less enjoyable than (nearly) anything else they have released.  I haven't gone back to either of those albums in years...maybe I should.

It's fine though, I don't want to knock them, they have released some amazing albums. Most bands will never release anything as popular, critically acclaimed and influential as Radiohead.

Also, the last 2 times I saw them at Glasto, at the Park for the KoL set and then on the Pyramid 2017 just didn't do it for me.

It was miserable at the park due to the rain and the crowding, even though we weren't far from the stage it was hard to get into.

That said, I think maybe I was just standing in the wrong place in in 2017 because they looked really good when I've watched the BBC footage. 

I really like The Smile album though and would love to see them live.

If Radiohead came back with something as good as In Rainbows I would be over the moon (shaped pool) but I'm very much at peace with it not happening. Another tour though would be great.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

There are some good moments on KOL & MSP but overall I found them less enjoyable than (nearly) anything else they have released.  I haven't gone back to either of those albums in years...maybe I should.

lol - this has happened before....I'm just listening to Moon Shaped Pool, for the first time in probably 6 years....and it is lovely.  I'll get back in my box.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

lol - this has happened before....I'm just listening to Moon Shaped Pool, for the first time in probably 6 years....and it is lovely.  I'll get back in my box.

I agree on KoL, but Moon Shaped Pool is gorgeous. It's in my top three Radiohead ahead of OK Computer, and as much as it would sadden me if they call it a day, it's a perfect farewell

On 11/29/2023 at 10:29 PM, glimmers_of_hope said:

sadly not....really wish they did as I would consider myself "a massive Radiohead fan" they were probably one of my favourite bands, probably wouldn't have got into the Warp back catalogue if it wasn't for Kid A. 

It's fine though, I don't want to knock them, they have released some amazing albums. Most bands will never release anything as popular, critically acclaimed and influential as Radiohead.

Also, the last 2 times I saw them at Glasto, at the Park for the KoL set and then on the Pyramid 2017 just didn't do it for me.

It was miserable at the park due to the rain and the crowding, even though we weren't far from the stage it was hard to get into.

That said, I think maybe I was just standing in the wrong place in in 2017 because they looked really good when I've watched the BBC footage. 

I really like The Smile album though and would love to see them live.

If Radiohead came back with something as good as In Rainbows I would be over the moon (shaped pool) but I'm very much at peace with it not happening. Another tour though would be great.

Give them another go, I love them both. Codex from KOL is a special song and MSP is brilliant - Decks Dark and the Numbers just great songs.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Any views on the new Smile album?

I personally struggled somewhat with the first album, but really enjoying this second one 🙂

Hope they're at the farm.

Definitely prefer the new one to the first, which I found a little dull.

• Upvote 1

I'd be pretty happy with them as a Park Headliner and I am seeing them at 6 Music Festival so if they clash with something I could decide based on how good they were at that whether I have to see them again or if I've ticked the box and it frees me up to see something else.

• 4 weeks later...