Toilets

Spiff

10 hours ago, amfy said:

I got into a lot of trouble online for suggesting that a lot of the problem was people not flushing, but it was. I noticed, not only at BD but at other festivals this year, that there is nothing to tell people that the loos flush. A handle is a good clue, but lots have a concealed foot pedal & people literally don’t know they are flushable! I honestly believe lots of portaloos would be loads better if there was a simple set of instructions on flushing!

Many have instructions - they make no difference as people just do not read them.

Those with handles are always better, foot pedals are rarely seen nor used.

• 5 months later...

"Sadly the one area we were let down with was the toilets. The situation did improve during the weekend but it was incredibly frustrating and we can only apologise. Part of the reason for a delay announcing the 2022 dates has been for us to ensure we are able to address this issue for 2022 before we go on sale. We wanted to make sure we had a new provider who can deliver the service we need. We have now engaged a new company and team who we’re looking forward to working with"

From beautiful days website

• 3 months later...

Having been a good few times, last year is definitely the norm regarding toilets.

All years I have been before the toilets have been the best I've used at festivals, clean, toilet paper and sanitiser and rarely a queue except for busy times at the main stage.

Last year they not great, seemed like may turned up full from the previous event. They got better over the weekend. Lots of festivals struggled with toilets last year. Friends went to Camp Bestival and they said the same, the toilets last year put them off going again when previous years had been ok.

Lets hope everything returns to normal this year.

4 minutes ago, ShuMart said:

Having been a good few times, last year is definitely the norm regarding toilets.

All years I have been before the toilets have been the best I've used at festivals, clean, toilet paper and sanitiser and rarely a queue except for busy times at the main stage.

Last year they not great, seemed like may turned up full from the previous event. They got better over the weekend. Lots of festivals struggled with toilets last year. Friends went to Camp Bestival and they said the same, the toilets last year put them off going again when previous years had been ok.

Lets hope everything returns to normal this year.

I've been a few times before as well so I'm confident you missed the word 'not' in your opening sentence! 😀

Can't remember if this has been posted previously on here or not.

But one of the major issues last year is that the replacement contractor they found used bigger trucks than AndyLoos had previously brought - so that combined with the mud, meant that it literally wasn't possible to safely get the truck to certain points on site at times - most problematically to the ones by South Camping and the ones at the Accessible platform by the Main Stage.

Pretty confident they'll have that aspect sorted this year, either by ensuring that contractors bring suitably sized trucks or by laying trackway where appropriate. The festival were well aware of the problems during the weekend, and did take whatever remedial steps they could (including an extra crew hired and arriving midway through), and I'm sure they'll be well aware that the toilet situation will be a closely watched aspect this year with the potential for severe reputational damage if it goes wrong a second time.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Beautiful Days toilets have always been nasty.

The reason being they still use porta loos, about time they upgraded to compost loos.

Can't say I've ever had that much of an issue with them apart from last year. Also if they could bring back the shower cubicles that would be great, much better than the rubbish last year

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Alice_57 said:

Can I ask what was different/bad about the showers last year? (It sounds like they are going to be the same from the website). I last went in 2018 and remember the cubicles being good. 

I didn't hear a complaint about the showers in workers camping last year, fingers crossed for this year