Vodafone Paredes de Coura 2022

Daniel Ferreira

9 hours ago, gigi21 said:

So five days PdC!
Seriously thinking to finally come for my first time! I'll let you know in case I will

Yes, João (organizer) says it's to compensate the fans.
The General Ticket until Thursday at 23.59 is €110 then it is €120.
If you like nature you will love the festival.

19 hours ago, MeMeMeM said:

Yes, 2022 edition will have 5 days. This extra day will be dedicated to Portuguese bands.

One extra day entirely Portuguese.
In addition to the 5 days, there are also extra days of camping and concerts in the village.
He also said this:
  "...after two years of losing money, but we're going to invest even more than we anticipated two years ago. We're going to raise the stakes, but I want to do a historic edition. People are eager to go home."

• 4 months later...

Anyone has any idea of what names we are still missing here? I was thinking Mac DeMarco and Black Country, New Road since they were announced for the 2020 edition. I thought Kraftwerk and The Chemical Brothers would be here for sure but Kalorama got them. We also know one day is going to be just Portuguese artists. 

Fleet Foxes will play All Points East in the end of August so maybe they'll do more European festivals around then?

41 minutes ago, LikeEverythingElse said:

Anyone has any idea of what names we are still missing here? I was thinking Mac DeMarco and Black Country, New Road since they were announced for the 2020 edition. I thought Kraftwerk and The Chemical Brothers would be here for sure but Kalorama got them. We also know one day is going to be just Portuguese artists. 

Fleet Foxes will play All Points East in the end of August so maybe they'll do more European festivals around then?

Giving that 25 international acts have been announced, that usually 9 bands play each day between the 2 main stages and that the first day should be only Portuguese bands, we're still missing 11 international acts plus a bunch of Portuguese names and eventually some surprises. I wouldn't expect big big names from this one. I'm expecting a couple of quite big ones and some smaller ones (Fleet Foxes and BCNR could be good shouts as they would fit the festival tastes imo, but it's a small festival, Fleet Foxes would probably be a headliner and they already headlined the 2018 edition, so I don't know).
We can rule Mac DeMarco out: despite of what he was supposed to do in 2020-21, he'll be touring Europe in June and not in August.
As well as APE, also Sziget, OFF, WOW/OYA/Flow, Rock en Seine already announced some names and are announcing new ones. Some news should come soon from Lowlands and Green Man too. usually a few later come Pukkelpop, La Route Du Rock and the other ones. PdC always share names with most of these ones.
I'm expecting DIIV, James Blake and someone between BCNR, Low, Kurt Vile, Dry Cleaning, Squid, Yard Act... Let's see

Edited by gigi21
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Director wanted to keep the same names as the previous year, I heard a podcast in which the director participated and he said he was closing the contract with Black Country New Road.

Soulwax and Explosions in the Sky from 2020 program, please 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, LikeEverythingElse said:

Fleet Foxes and Kurt Vile are strong possibilities.

sure they are, as well as Black Country New Road almost confirmed by Joao Carvalho himself. I also see as very likely 4-5 names between Aldous Harding, Tinariwen, Kevin Morby, Lucy Dacus, The Weather Station, Nilufer Yanya, Porridge Radio, Yard Act, Moor Mother, Los Bitchos, Circuit Des Yeux.
11 international names should be missing and I think 6-7 will be between these ones.
From 2020 poster we don't know much about Soulwax (playing BKS in June) and Explosions in the Sky (no dates announced yet) and we know that Mac DeMarco 99% won't be here.
I'd also rule out the bands who are playing Porto like Khruangbin and Black Midi. 
A few more surprises left, including maybe a couple of quite big acts.
Very good program for my tastes anyway, I'll probably be here.

Edited by gigi21

• 1 month later...

Quite happy with the Portuguese artists announcement... I like some of them.

But I'm not sure I understood well, maybe @Daniel Ferreira can help me: will all the 20 artists perform the same day? In case, it will be more then I expected... So there will maybe be some kind of extra stage somewhere?

Edited by gigi21

54 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

But I'm not sure I understood well, maybe @Daniel Ferreira can help me: will all the 20 artists perform the same day? In case, it will be more then I expected... So there will maybe be some kind of extra stage somewhere?

These all Portuguese names announced today are for the 16th of August.

Who do you like more? :)

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

These all Portuguese names announced today are for the 16th of August.

Who do you like more? :)

Cool!
I already love 10000 Russos, Linda Martini, You Can't Win Charlie Brown and Paraguaii and I know a bit Mao Morta. Will check the other ones!

On 3/23/2022 at 1:16 PM, gigi21 said:

To complete Daniel Ferreira answer,   João Carvalho (the main director of the festival), in an insta live  interview, 2 days before this announced,  told that all the portuguese bands will indeed perfom on the 16th, but on 2 stages.  It will start at 14h00 in the afternoon and end at 05h00 in the morning

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Tigane said:

To complete Daniel Ferreira answer,   João Carvalho (the main director of the festival), in an insta live  interview, 2 days before this announced,  told that all the portuguese bands will indeed perfom on the 16th, but on 2 stages.  It will start at 14h00 in the afternoon and end at 05h00 in the morning

It looks nice!
So there's still room for a dozen of international acts but the program it's already very very good.

• 2 weeks later...

+ La Femme, John Talabot, Kelly Lee Owens and some smaller ones.
Already good for my tastes but I'm still expecting something between Soulwax, BCNR and Explosions In The Sky from 2020 lineup and I thing only one last announcement left with a few names only.
Fingers crossed

On 4/6/2022 at 5:00 PM, Daniel Ferreira said:

Pode ser uma imagem de texto que diz "SEMPRE PARA VODAFONE PAREDES COURA 20 AGOSTO 2022 PERFUME GENIUS BOY HARSHER PORRIDGE RADIO DONNY BENÉT. F .FAR CASPIAN. SYLVIE KREUSCH. Basd SL'ECLAIR muito mais"

"e muito mais" with more international acts than usual already announced makes me think about a longer day timing than usual on the 2 stages or one more stage somewhere... They used to have 9 acts performing per day during the last editions and we already have 57 announced acts.
Nice. Still hoping for Soulwax

• 1 month later...