Reading traditions, hacks, routines and general fun stuff

m4tt

On 8/19/2021 at 3:50 PM, m4tt said:

Anyone got any particularly good arena food finds?

I tend to find the vendors between the pit and FR are a better than elsewhere in the arena.

I can't recommend Street Feast enough. They've been at a couple of festivals before e.g. Latitude but this is the first time they'll be at R/L. They're an organisation of food traders that do street food that are set up in various London markets. There's loads of different options and it almost guarantees they'll serve good quality food. They have to pass some sort of level to trade under the name, so you won't get any shitty undercooked beef burger from a dingy van from any of them. I highly recommend them and if it's anything like Latitude, you'll have loads of options to choose from that sell all sorts of different styles of fantastic food.

https://www.streetfeast.com/

13 minutes ago, Miyn said:

I can't recommend Street Feast enough. They've been at a couple of festivals before e.g. Latitude but this is the first time they'll be at R/L. They're an organisation of food traders that do street food that are set up in various London markets. There's loads of different options and it almost guarantees they'll serve good quality food. They have to pass some sort of level to trade under the name, so you won't get any shitty undercooked beef burger from a dingy van from any of them. I highly recommend them and if it's anything like Latitude, you'll have loads of options to choose from that sell all sorts of different styles of fantastic food.

https://www.streetfeast.com/

How are the prices compared to other stalls? If they’re not bad then they’ll be my go-to places every day

I recommend, if they have it like Download always does, the place that covers everything in liquid cheese. I always get curly fries and the first couple of bites are pretty crap but every mouthful after that gets better and better. 

There’s an authentic noodle bar at the back of the Main Stage at Leeds that does some really good food. 

If they have it, again, like Download, try and find the Caribbean food stall. Their Curry Goat is absolutely gorgeous. 

47 minutes ago, Quorn said:

How are the prices compared to other stalls? If they’re not bad then they’ll be my go-to places every day

If I recall correctly a main might typically cost a pound or two more than your average Leeds trader, but what we had from various Street Feast stalls at Latitude was head and shoulders above what we'd eaten at Leeds previously. 

Edited by Kim Wrong-Un

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I recommend, if they have it like Download always does, the place that covers everything in liquid cheese. I always get curly fries and the first couple of bites are pretty crap but every mouthful after that gets better and better. 

Fuck Easy Cheesy

Edited by OnlyRevolutions
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

outside the uni in Reading they have one of these, maybe they'll drive over for the festival.

The curly fries from there are good, until your body realises what you're eating them with! 

Last few years I've gone for one day but stayed in Maidenhead at the Travelodge or Premier Inn the night before and on the day of the fest (paid £90 for Saturday and Sunday night this year), trains go on past 2am and it's only £7.20 return for a 15 minute train