Finsbury Park 2022

gfa

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Won't come out till much closer / on the day i'd have thought given its just 1 stage. Will just be the main stage order with very similar timings to Community's setup i'd have thought (with the Sunday ending earlier)

Thanks for the info.

i went to see QOTSA a few years back and they had multiple stages and so as Festival Republic assumed this would be the same. However, there is nothing to suggest more bands and so agree it is most likely just the main stage.

1 hour ago, dj_tim said:

Pretty sure they’ll have 2 stages for the Sam Fender day, there’s 10 bands on the lineup and it says music starts at 15.30 with a 22.30 curfew, so can’t see them getting them all on in 7 hours.

Yeah, 10 acts does change things a little.

1 hour ago, dj_tim said:

Pretty sure they’ll have 2 stages for the Sam Fender day, there’s 10 bands on the lineup and it says music starts at 15.30 with a 22.30 curfew, so can’t see them getting them all on in 7 hours.

didn't see that, guess so then. I guess follow community's setup but chop it off at half 3 and get rid of the circa waves slot so the top 2 don't have clashes (maybe a bit of fontaines)

image.png.c8e8bc82048edae9c845ad41bca4b8f1.png

20 minutes ago, baggie92 said:

Anyone have any advice on where to park nearby? Don’t mind if it’s a few tube stops away. 

The Mall wood green £6 we've used before, theres some free carparks too but most have very few spaces so a bit risky

On 7/11/2022 at 12:23 AM, gfa said:

Looks like Wireless Birmingham had a closed off front section with turnstyles ala reading - wonder if finsbury wireless (and therefore these gigs) have it

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNfb4Vtg/?k=1

Yeah I think Finsbury had it as well.

20 hours ago, dj_tim said:

How does the turnstile system work? Never seen it before

There's an entrance with the turnstiles which they open when the front section isn't full, then close them when the area is full. There is then an exit route as well from out of that area if you wanted to leave and head into the rest of the crowd. It is mainly just a system that is in place to stop the front section from becoming too overcrowded, it is the same system as at Reading and Leeds if you have seen that, they also had it at Big Weekend in Coventry this year too. 

6 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Anyway to get drink in? Thinking vod in suncream bottle might be the move

not a bad shout. would need to be cleaned out well. pretty strict from what i remember but its always worth a shot

25 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Looking at the weather I'm really considering heading down on Saturday. Just hoping for some cheaper tickets to pop up as it's not exactly choc full of bands I'm dying to see 

Community have never done 2-4-1 etc, fingers crossed for you though

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Community have never done 2-4-1 etc, fingers crossed for you though

Yeah I'm just keeping an eye on twickets etc. Thankfully it only costs me a tenner to get to Finsbury so may even head down and see if anyone has any that need buying on the gate if not.

Worst case scenario is I don't find any and have a day in the sun with a couple of beers elsewhere!