Finsbury Park 2022

gfa

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But that would be an upgrade compared to the absolute shite they've had before

I was pretty happy with all 3 (kooks less so), at the time was like 16-18 so hadn't seen any of the big acts before. Nobody i know would want to go to wolf alice vs the huge groups we had for the previous 3 communitys.

1 hour ago, Dales said:

I would have thought they are to big but a verygood shout to headline a day of their own if we endupwith 2 weekends of shows.

Incredibly unlikely - they had it booked for 2021 and it got cancelled vs rescheduled. This shows they clearly weren't interested in doing it in 2022 as they will have binned off tons of sales that were already secured.

Two Door Cinema Club / The Vaccines / Arlo Parks / Easy Life / Sports Team - as a prediction, haven't looked to see if they're available or not yet though - so probably will be far from what we get. 

Maybe Wet Leg if they're about would be a good name to have, Sea Girls, Mitski, Sundara Karma, Bakar, Circa Waves, Snail Mail, Girl in Red and Everything Everything are some others that I'd like to see.

Two Door are playing in Spain and Portugal on 9th and 10th July. So would make sense to have them headline Communtiy on Saturday 16th July around the Ezra and Fender dates. Could very much be 2nd / 3rd July though? Definitely won't be later than that though as Communtiy is always early July 

1 hour ago, stanh said:

Two Door Cinema Club / The Vaccines / Arlo Parks / Easy Life / Sports Team - as a prediction, haven't looked to see if they're available or not yet though - so probably will be far from what we get. 

Maybe Wet Leg if they're about would be a good name to have, Sea Girls, Mitski, Sundara Karma, Bakar, Circa Waves, Snail Mail, Girl in Red and Everything Everything are some others that I'd like to see.

TDCC / Vaccines was the exact same top 2 as 2018, seems unlikely to me. Easy Life would be great 

1 hour ago, Tom Wykes said:

Two Door are playing in Spain and Portugal on 9th and 10th July. So would make sense to have them headline Communtiy on Saturday 16th July around the Ezra and Fender dates. Could very much be 2nd / 3rd July though? Definitely won't be later than that though as Communtiy is always early July 

Its the last weekend of June i think generally. I reckon Ezra weekend tbh - i wouldn't rule out the weekend after though i don't think it matters what weekend really given its not happened for 3 years

22 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Oh yeah. Forgotten about that as I'd prioritised Queens of the Stone Age the night before but that did seem like quite a decent pairing for a festival like this.

Definitely - was a fun day. Two of what I would say are possible options - Wombats and Glass Animals are both in Australia. Would have also said Declan but he's with George Ezra.

Gerry has nothing in the South at all this summer - he has been headlining lots of stuff up North but is it unreasonable to think he could be a very special guest at Community? His last London show was sold out ally pally in October or September.

Honestly not sure if they wouldn't just get Vaccines back, I don't think anyone would be too fussed about it as boring as it is. Their dates make a lot of sense for it too given they only have an Eventim Apollo London show this year and no particularly nearby festivals. Can't see them getting added to an APE day either - maybe Reading though

Edited by gfa