Finsbury Park 2022

gfa

Even if George is not everyones cup of tea, the three days of music this weekend would make a strong weekend "Festival lineup". I'm going all three days and have to admit Ezra is one of my guilty secrets.  So cheesey but fun 😊

11 minutes ago, Dales said:

Even if George is not everyones cup of tea, the three days of music this weekend would make a strong weekend "Festival lineup". I'm going all three days and have to admit Ezra is one of my guilty secrets.  So cheesey but fun 😊

I've seen him twice now, both times great. Sunset at IOW in 2019 was just fantastic, perfect sunset headliner - cleared out afterwards and then fatboy blew the roof off! great night

13 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Anybody know how merch usually works at community? I'd like a t shirt with the lineup on the back if they make that sort of thing? 

Also don't suppose there's a way to buy one and pick up at the end of the festival, cause don't want to be carrying around a t shirt all day. 

yes they have that and no i don’t think so for the pickup thing. They will sell them online after though

Just back from community, what a day. One of the best festival experiences I've ever had. Got to see every band I wanted and got a good spot for them all, even Two Door after rushing across from Circa Waves. 

Loads of friendly people about, and only a few dickheads! The food was a bit shite, and carlsberg is pish but that's par for the course for a Festival Republic event. 

Weather was glorious as well, and the lineup fit the vibe perfectly. Couldn't have asked for more really. Got a few more festivals booked for the summer but todays gotta take some beating. 

Great day and weather not too horrific. Definitely felt significantly emptier than previous years i will say but was still busy enough to have atmosphere and meant smaller queues.

Went to all 3 days. The Community day was be far the least busy of the 3 days and easy to get around. I guess thats due to the huge popularity of Sam & George as Community had the better overall lineup. Out of the 3 days my favourite set was by Blossoms who have blossomed in to a very slick outfit. They were wasted on most of the Sunday audience who clearly had bought a ticket just to see the headliner.

I probably did not get the best out of the weekend as I was just so tired and hot. I think these events could do with some more seating and shade. I'm getting old, two weekends of music in the sun back to back is now very taxing on me.

Have to give a  huge thumbs down to the Aperol bar. £11 a drink! Are they taking the P? It was half the price at Mad Cool and you got a free bag and lots of stools, bean bags etc to enjoy it on.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a blow if he is going to be playing that sized venues. Bought Truck tickets this morning and I guess this puts he in danger of getting booked for that. To be fair, I dont know much about him and have only heard a few songs by him and never had the feeling I wanted to hear more.

Just hope he stays away from Truck & Victorious at least with Finsbury Park he is easy to miss, just dont buy a ticket.

I was hoping one of the free days around Community might go to Pulp, so thats one chance gone.

Edited by Dales

11 minutes ago, Dales said:

Thats a blow if he is going to be playing that sized venues. Bought Truck tickets this morning and I guess this puts he in danger of getting booked for that. To be fair, I dont know much about him and have only heard a few songs by him and never had the feeling I wanted to hear more.

Just hope he stays away from Truck & Victorious at least with Finsbury Park he is easy to miss, just dont buy a ticket.

I was hoping one of the free days around Community might go to Pulp, so thats one chance gone.

Pulp are much more likely to play APE.  

Seeing Jamie T in November at Ally Pally so no need to rush in buying tickets to this but if I don’t get Glasto ones I’ve no doubt I’ll go

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

Pulp are much more likely to play APE.  

Hoping Pulp do a London gig next year. Just a little surprised that Jamie T is big enough to headline his own day at the Park but as i dont pay much attention to him, I am not best placed to judge his popularity.

1 minute ago, Dales said:

Hoping Pulp do a London gig next year. Just a little surprised that Jamie T is big enough to headline his own day at the Park but as i dont pay much attention to him, I am not best placed to judge his popularity.

Honestly I’ll be amazed if they don’t do APE so reckon you’re safe

Jamie T’s album just reached number 1, his tour has pretty much if not sold out.  Reckon with a good support it’ll do ok.  Prob not full sell out but decent enough