Finsbury Park 2022

gfa

19 hours ago, gfa said:

bought tickets a few days ago for this, will be my 4th community always good fun! I reckon pale waves will be replaced though as theres still a good month to go and its a fairly big slot. not fussed by them at all, lots of better options imo

The lack of official confirmation yet does make me think sorting a replacement could be causing the delay. 

• 2 weeks later...

So here's an odd one. Community festival tweeted today and tagged Pale Waves, which would certainly suggest they've not pulled out.

Plus, over on TicketMaster they're not listed as playing the July 16 date of the 5SOS tour. But are listed on every other date (including July 15 and July 18).

Are they going to fly back just for Community?

image.thumb.jpeg.f45e1e6975d2801c0ce995d00465ace7.jpeg

It's not impossible from the midwest, but I'd be surprised. Be an overnight flight after their set on the 15th and play in London the afternoon after they land. 

Then again, it could easily have been part of the deal when they agreed to support 5SOS that they'll have this date off, and even that their transport home and back is paid for. Quite a lot of effort for a one day festival, but who knows! 

On 6/24/2022 at 4:08 PM, thatTFBguy said:

So here's an odd one. Community festival tweeted today and tagged Pale Waves, which would certainly suggest they've not pulled out.

Plus, over on TicketMaster they're not listed as playing the July 16 date of the 5SOS tour. But are listed on every other date (including July 15 and July 18).

Are they going to fly back just for Community?

Would love it if they did play but like every artist these days until they actually walk out on stage you cant be sure.

5 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Anybody got any idea about when we can expect set times? 

The lineups so stacked for me that I'm already stressing about clashes. Want to see Circa Waves/Pale Waves/Wombats/Two Door but got a feeling Pale Waves might clash with Circa Waves/Wombats. 

I reckon all 5 of the logo acts will be a mainstage run. If Pale Waves aren't mainstage, they will clash with Two Door i'd guess or maybe wombats if they decide to wrap up the second stage early so two door get a big crowd. i'd expect a week before

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, gfa said:

I reckon all 5 of the logo acts will be a mainstage run. If Pale Waves aren't mainstage, they will clash with Two Door i'd guess or maybe wombats if they decide to wrap up the second stage early so two door get a big crowd. i'd expect a week before

Really hope you're right. That Mainstage run would be unbeatable. I'd even like to see NBT but might have to miss them just to squeeze in food/bar/loo! 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, okay, I'd never have called Circa Waves headlining second stage. Did they move Wombats down to below NBT to prevent a clash?

Glad we can technically see all the bands we wanted but Circa Waves on 2nd adds an element of stress. 

Hoping that Circa Waves finish at least 5 minutes before Two Door start to move across stages.

Annoying cause might mean a shite spot as well, does community do the same as Leeds with the front bit getting closed off before the headliner starts? 

20 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Wow, okay, I'd never have called Circa Waves headlining second stage. Did they move Wombats down to below NBT to prevent a clash?

Glad we can technically see all the bands we wanted but Circa Waves on 2nd adds an element of stress. 

Hoping that Circa Waves finish at least 5 minutes before Two Door start to move across stages.

Annoying cause might mean a shite spot as well, does community do the same as Leeds with the front bit getting closed off before the headliner starts? 

yeah weird - they did move wombats down yes

should have just put NBT as second stage headliner imo or just stack up the main stage more, so weird they didn't honestly. Circa Waves will be rammed, that N4 stage is rubbish too the crowd has to look uphill from memory

there isn't turnstyles etc, at least there weren't in 2019 - can't see that changing

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

yeah weird - they did move wombats down yes

should have just put NBT as second stage headliner imo or just stack up the main stage more, so weird they didn't honestly. Circa Waves will be rammed, that N4 stage is rubbish too the crowd has to look uphill from memory

there isn't turnstyles etc, at least there weren't in 2019 - can't see that changing

Yeah can't see the logic either, should have done what your suggested. Id assumed if any logo band was going to headline the second stage it would be Pale Waves. 

Least if N4 is rammed that'll make getting a good spot for Two Door easier as there will be lots of people in the same boat I assume. Can't see many people liking Two Door but not Circa Waves!  

If you've been before do you remember roughly how far apart the stages are? Are we talking one to the other in 5 minutes or more like 10-15?

10 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Yeah can't see the logic either, should have done what your suggested. Id assumed if any logo band was going to headline the second stage it would be Pale Waves. 

Least if N4 is rammed that'll make getting a good spot for Two Door easier as there will be lots of people in the same boat I assume. Can't see many people liking Two Door but not Circa Waves!  

If you've been before do you remember roughly how far apart the stages are? Are we talking one to the other in 5 minutes or more like 10-15?

5 minutes, super close. back of circa waves will practically be a minute walk from the edge of two doors - its going to be chaos i reckon. if your not bothering with circa waves, get on the left hand side of main stage (when facing stage), should be far less busy i reckon as circa is off to the right

• Thanks 1

Just now, gfa said:

5 minutes, super close. back of circa waves will practically be a minute walk from the edge of two doors - its going to be chaos i reckon. if your not bothering with circa waves, get on the left hand side of main stage (when facing stage), should be far less busy i reckon as circa is off to the right

Thanks for the info. We're 100% seeing Circa Waves! So I'll be part of the chaotic scramble to get to the main stage after belting out t shirt weather.

My plan is walk round to the left side afterwards, like you said. I reckon most people will take the shortest route and go straight to the right side of the main stage from N4. So left is further but should get us a better spot. 

Made the mistake of taking the quickest route when Wombats and Two Door played Leeds last year back-to-back on West/East and we ended up dangerously packed in cause the herd all moved to the same side of the stage. Whereas I heard afterwards the other side of the crowd was relatively quiet in comparison.

Gonna be such a good day, can't bloody wait! 

3 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Thanks for the info. We're 100% seeing Circa Waves! So I'll be part of the chaotic scramble to get to the main stage after belting out t shirt weather.

My plan is walk round to the left side afterwards, like you said. I reckon most people will take the shortest route and go straight to the right side of the main stage from N4. So left is further but should get us a better spot. 

Made the mistake of taking the quickest route when Wombats and Two Door played Leeds last year back-to-back on West/East and we ended up dangerously packed in cause the herd all moved to the same side of the stage. Whereas I heard afterwards the other side of the crowd was relatively quiet in comparison.

Gonna be such a good day, can't bloody wait! 

great fun community, always superb vibes from when i've done it before. Sounds like a good plan re circa -> two door.

need to start thinking about the smuggling operation! bar queues are never too bad as well, good amount of the crowd are under 18 / smuggle

Edited by gfa

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

great fun community, always superb vibes from when i've done it before. Sounds like a good plan re circa -> two door.

need to start thinking about the smuggling operation! bar queues are never too bad as well, good amount of the crowd are under 18 / smuggle

Yeah, lots of under 18s sounds about right! For £50 it's probably for me the best value festival ill have ever been too, even if London hotel did add to the costs! 

5 hours ago, gfa said:

https://clashfinder.com/s/community2022/

very strange this but here it is. 30 min gaps main stage and 25 for second stage

Are you just approx guessing set lengths, or is that info officially confirmed? 

Wouldn't it make far more sense for Circa Waves to end at 21.00? Gives them a nice 45 minutes set, and means there's a 5 min gap for everyone to move over to main stage. 

If that's not the case I can't understand why Two Door would start at 21.05 rather than just 21.00. Five past seems such an odd time I can only think it's to give people 5 mins to move over from N4. 

Definitely over thinking but on a train with nothing else to do!  

Never been to Community before but hoping it's a good one! 

I thought for sure Circa Waves would be on the main stage, headlining second seems odd to me! 

Will take the tip for Two Door in hand (left side of stage) as not sure I'll be fussed seeing Circa Waves for that long so thanks for posting that! 

Anyone who's been to Finsbury for a gig is the overground easy enough to get to? I've heard the underground can get a big queue but not heard much on the overground 

1 hour ago, thatTFBguy said:

Are you just approx guessing set lengths, or is that info officially confirmed? 

Wouldn't it make far more sense for Circa Waves to end at 21.00? Gives them a nice 45 minutes set, and means there's a 5 min gap for everyone to move over to main stage. 

If that's not the case I can't understand why Two Door would start at 21.05 rather than just 21.00. Five past seems such an odd time I can only think it's to give people 5 mins to move over from N4. 

Definitely over thinking but on a train with nothing else to do!  

guesses yep. maybe 45 yeah, i'm not sure - that would make sense might change it. was thinking they'd get given longer but 45 is tidy

6 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

Never been to Community before but hoping it's a good one! 

I thought for sure Circa Waves would be on the main stage, headlining second seems odd to me! 

Will take the tip for Two Door in hand (left side of stage) as not sure I'll be fussed seeing Circa Waves for that long so thanks for posting that! 

Anyone who's been to Finsbury for a gig is the overground easy enough to get to? I've heard the underground can get a big queue but not heard much on the overground 

Theres tons of stations nearby, just go to Manor House and its usually fine. My line out of london started running all night so i don't have to rush anymore 🙂 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, gfa said:

Theres tons of stations nearby, just go to Manor House and its usually fine. My line out of london started running all night so i don't have to rush anymore 🙂 

Does anyone know about potential tube strikes next weekend? Looks like Victoria and Central line are both reduced services which is going to cause carnage after the festival (and for anyone trying to get towards Liverpool Street like me 🫣)

13 minutes ago, EssexIndie said:

Does anyone know about potential tube strikes next weekend? Looks like Victoria and Central line are both reduced services which is going to cause carnage after the festival (and for anyone trying to get towards Liverpool Street like me 🫣)

https://tfl.gov.uk/campaign/tube-strike this should help 🙂

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Dales said:

Has anyone seen a set time schedule for the Sam Fender & George Ezra days?

Won't come out till much closer / on the day i'd have thought given its just 1 stage. Will just be the main stage order with very similar timings to Community's setup i'd have thought (with the Sunday ending earlier)