Finsbury Park 2022

gfa

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSognodsJ_b/?utm_medium=copy_link

First event for Finsbury announced - basically an unbranded Community lineup a few weeks later than it usually is. £55 on seetickets.

Probably means Blossoms are rolling over for Truck etc and I guess George Ezra could play Latitude or whatever

I'm hoping with FR having had Queens pull out of R&L but expected to play Glasto in June next year which is too early for R&L and Rage getting a very meh reaction to their R&L announcement but touring next year with Run The Jewels as their support who have their own UK June dates FR will consider them both for their own day festival at Finsbury. Sort out the shit bar system, grab a few half decent bands on the line up and that's me buying a ticket.

Edited by jump

7 hours ago, gfa said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSognodsJ_b/?utm_medium=copy_link

First event for Finsbury announced - basically an unbranded Community lineup a few weeks later than it usually is. £55 on seetickets.

Probably means Blossoms are rolling over for Truck etc and I guess George Ezra could play Latitude or whatever

George Ezra isn't doing Latitude. This indicates he is WAY too big for that. Yes Liam played it after big shows but he pops up for small shows and must have been a deal with FR. They booked that knowing tickets would sell after a pandemic. If not, it doesn't happen.

17 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

George Ezra isn't doing Latitude. This indicates he is WAY too big for that. Yes Liam played it after big shows but he pops up for small shows and must have been a deal with FR. They booked that knowing tickets would sell after a pandemic. If not, it doesn't happen.

I don’t think you’re giving Latitude enough credit there. They have had Mumford & Sons, The Killers etc headline in recent years plus Finsbury Park is where Eric Prydz plays so it can’t be a gig then. 😜

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Not sure I agree with this and would just echo what Jump replied with. Its going to be very interesting to see if George Ezra makes the jump and ends up with a big headline slot at Reading or Glasto soon or decides to just do a load of mid sized festivals like I suggested. Honestly quite surprised BST didn’t get him - would have suited it very well.

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Not sure I agree with this and would just echo what Jump replied with. Its going to be very interesting to see if George Ezra makes the jump and ends up with a big headline slot at Reading or Glasto soon or decides to just do a load of mid sized festivals like I suggested. Honestly quite surprised BST didn’t get him - would have suited it very well.

BST is an option afterwards actually. I'm not no idea, I can't see what jump posts. Ezra isn't going from Finsbury to medium size festivals. No headliner bar as I say, the one off of Liam has done,  medium sized festivals and sold their own big date out.

On 8/17/2021 at 2:32 PM, thewayiam said:

BST is an option afterwards actually. I'm not no idea, I can't see what jump posts. Ezra isn't going from Finsbury to medium size festivals. No headliner bar as I say, the one off of Liam has done,  medium sized festivals and sold their own big date out.

Latitude is pretty much the same capacity as Finsbury (45 vs 40k) and APE is now 45 or 50k as they increased it. Cannot see how this date rules him out at all from those two medium festivals

49 minutes ago, gfa said:

Latitude is pretty much the same capacity as Finsbury (45 vs 40k) and APE is now 45 or 50k as they increased it. Cannot see how this date rules him out at all from those two medium festivals

Because he has about 2 acts playing under him. Latitude has 3 days of full bands lineups. There is a huge difference. This is what separates gigs where an artist needs to play a festival that size many times and one that doesn't. 

32 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Because he has about 2 acts playing under him. Latitude has 3 days of full bands lineups. There is a huge difference. This is what separates gigs where an artist needs to play a festival that size many times and one that doesn't. 

George Ezra looks like it's a full day of music but without a festival name on it much like Queens and Liam Gallaher were. The doors open at midday and there's more acts to be announced on the poster.

I'm still hoping for Rage or Queens but I'd happily take a NIN day with a similar line up to their Hellfest day.

Edited by jump

• 4 weeks later...

I wish they would hurry up and add the acts who are likely to play on the rest of the weekend particularly Saturday 16th July as Primal Scream are playing outdoors at the Ally Pally that day. Love PS but it’s a case of FOMO. Book Primals and they announce some one else I must see.

9 hours ago, Dales said:

I wish they would hurry up and add the acts who are likely to play on the rest of the weekend particularly Saturday 16th July as Primal Scream are playing outdoors at the Ally Pally that day. Love PS but it’s a case of FOMO. Book Primals and they announce some one else I must see.

Potentially won't have the full finsbury park schedule till even next year, hopefully we get some more soon. Strokes next show surely coming soon unless Glasto managed to get them.

The Lovebox booking makes life easy for me. Good festival but Primal Scream wins hands down. Hopefully, it will be a full day and they get a few old Creation acts that oddly Creation Day failed to do or groups from the Screamadelica era.

Really hope we get The Strokes at Finsbury Park on the Friday.

Its great gigs are back but it’s starting to cost a small fortune and so many clashes of gigs & festivals. Never thought I would moan about to many gigs and choice 😀

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, gfa said:

Interesting that its essentially a rebooted Community Festival but they chose not to advertise it as such

Not really. Community Festival was centred around a bunch of academy-sized acts bundled together who couldn't do a headline show at Finsbury off their own name. Fender and Ezra are way bigger than that. This is just your typical Finsbury Park headline show like QOTSA and Liam Gallagher did, and Kings of Leon were supposed to do.

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Not really. Community Festival was centred around a bunch of academy-sized acts bundled together who couldn't do a headline show at Finsbury off their own name. Fender and Ezra are way bigger than that. This is just your typical Finsbury Park headline show like QOTSA and Liam Gallagher did, and Kings of Leon were supposed to do.

I meant Fender more than Ezra - would say its similar considering the strong support of Fontaines. Size wise I’d say it pretty much mirrors Catfish/Wombats the first year or Two Door/Blossoms - maybe with a bit more of an upwards trajectory. All arena sized acts too (maybe not Blossoms at the time)

• 1 month later...