Rock for People 2022

Newjem

• 2 weeks later...

From a Czech website:

The overall lineup is still not complete, after the new year it will continue to grow by domestic and international performers. - can't believe, that there will be more international acts, €116 for this line-up for 4 days!

Maybe a few bigger names for Thu-Fri-Sat? Catfish, MGK, Motionless In White, The Amazons, Man With A Mission, Bury Tomorrow, PUP, Creeper and Menzingers are the bands, that are still missing from the original 2020 line-up... would be fine to have 1-2 names like MWAM or Amazons re-confirmed-

269893244_449856403175025_7753215401773013949_n.thumb.jpg.750ae0ef216fe7db6f91ce5a02a7a595.jpg

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Really? Royal Blood as a headliner seems pretty weak. Even smaller festivals like Inmusic won't have them headlining. Biffy Clyro isn't that big as well. 

For example, 2019 headliners were BMTH, Franz Ferdinand, Rudimental and In Flames; 2018 had The Prodigy, Volbeat and The Kooks; 2017: Die Antwoord, Paramore, Evanescence

So the 2022 lineup is already WAY stronger than previous ones and even Royal Blood seem strong here

Really? Royal Blood as a headliner seems pretty weak. Even smaller festivals like Inmusic won't have them headlining. Biffy Clyro isn't that big as well. 

Gonna assume he means "for the money". 116 euros for that lineup is insane, I don't even know how they're making a profit. 

Just now, BenG92 said:

Gonna assume he means "for the money". 116 euros for that lineup is insane, I don't even know how they're making a profit. 

It's a bargain, true (not my cup of tea music-wise though).

But then there's Inmusic festival who you The Killers, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Deftones, Kasabian, IDLES, Royal Blood, Fontaines DC, White Lies,... for only 80 euros. 

What has InMusic apart from headliners? When I went to InMusic in 2017, I usually arrived to the site around 7-8pm and left after midnight because there was nothing else to see (apart from the 3-4 main acts). You spend the whole day at RfP and the undercard is really strong for rock/punk/metalcore fans. It's really great value for money (better than InMusic imho).

14 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

It's a bargain, true (not my cup of tea music-wise though).

But then there's Inmusic festival who you The Killers, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Deftones, Kasabian, IDLES, Royal Blood, Fontaines DC, White Lies,... for only 80 euros. 

Yeah Inmusic is amazing too but as the guy above said, RFP has a way better undercard to compliment it

4 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Agreed. To look from a UK stance I agree with him but Green Day are the only real standout headline booking. Wertcher has Royal Blood 3rd down a main stage and Biffy Clyro would be lucky to get that.

For the money it's still hard to argue it although I'd only have 1 act of interested below the headliners on 3 days. FOB day I've nothing.

A mid size festival at 30k capacity can't be compared with the headliners of the big festivals like Werchter. It's a cheap country, where you have a pint for € 1,5 and food from € 4-5 😁 for €116 it's really good (and who got the tickets for € 72, it's a steal). 

Hella Mega in Vienna has standing tickets for € 80 (€ 110 for front of stage standing) and the stadium is like 50k cap?

1 hour ago, Sugar Cane said:

A mid size festival at 30k capacity can't be compared with the headliners of the big festivals like Werchter. It's a cheap country, where you have a pint for € 1,5 and food from € 4-5 😁 for €116 it's really good (and who got the tickets for € 72, it's a steal). 

Hella Mega in Vienna has standing tickets for € 80 (€ 110 for front of stage standing) and the stadium is like 50k cap?

Yup. You can't complain for the money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mondo-kun said:

Guys from Czechia, are there any rumours about August edition of Rock for People or some new festival on the same grounds?
Jxdn plays Hradec Kralove on 13th, but he's definetely not so big to play for all that field alone. cgdhk0bHqMg.jpg?size=1080x1080&quality=96&sign=9613985523f1c05dbc35f3679e8ea48a&type=album

The organizers of RfP are now (since last year) in charge of the festival grounds and they definitely have some plans with it but I don't know anything specific...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys, 

Me and a mate are looking to book this from the UK, first overseas festival 

Do people generally buy tents over there or add one to luggage and bring it from UK as not sure what to do? 

Also are there and transfers on the Tuesday from Prague airport to the festival or what is recommended? assuming you can setup tuesday 

17 hours ago, Jack01825 said:

Do people generally buy tents over there or add one to luggage and bring it from UK as not sure what to do?

I don't really know what's better as I usually stay in hotel/hostel when I go to festival abroad, but you shouldn't really have any problem with buying a tent in Hradec Králové.

17 hours ago, Jack01825 said:

Also are there and transfers on the Tuesday from Prague airport to the festival or what is recommended? assuming you can setup tuesday 

There are no direct buses from Prague airport to the festival. You'll have to get from the airport to the Prague main train station where you can hop on a train to Hradec Králové. There are 3 options - taxi (the most expensive one), Airport Express (direct bus to the main station) or regular bus/metro (the cheapest option but little bit complicated - this video should help). In Hradec Králové, it's simple as there's free shuttle bus from the train station to the festival park.

So far, there's no camping on Tuesday! People can usually set up a tent day earlier, there's even a few Czech bands playing. They call it warm-up day but it hasn't been confirmed yet. You can message them on FB or Instagram if they plan something similar this year as well or not (they are pretty good at responding).

41 minutes ago, Jack01825 said:

so train is the recommended way?

Yeah, that's what I and most of the people use. You can take a bus but there's no advantage (takes about the same time and is a little bit more expensive).

• 3 weeks later...