What time are you arriving?

juliadevitt

Well-trodden path by now.

Four of us Land at Heathrow at 12:15, into the hire car for 1:00. Pit stop at Salisbury Tesco for essentials, and parked on site for around 4:00.

Highlight of the year. Probably the highlight of this decade so far. Can’t wait for it, there may be tears. 😄

Probably 11am for us also , although we'll be a bit aimless this year with the re-location of quiet camping. Don't think have ever wandered through the part of the site where it has moved to ......anyone know if it's flat ?! Always looked at that valley that families are in and wondered how that worked !

Comparing this years map and previous years maps, it looks to me that

- quiet camping is where boutique camping used to be

- boutique is where quiet used to be plus a slice of general camping.

- general camping is taking a slice of family camping

- family camping is now smaller

Assuming this is the case then quiet camping will be on the flat at the top of the hill but the “new” bit of general will be on the slope.

Of course I could be wrong….

• Like 1

Taking my Mum to Addenbrookes Outpatients in the morning morning, then Mrs KYTV driving me to the site. She's done 2 festivals already, bored of my "folkie female fixation" and staying in a posh B & B in Salisbury laughing at pics of my attempts to put up a "2 second tent" she's bought me.  You literally have to pull to leads and it pops up, only I can fail. So hopefully I'll be ready for bands at 6pm but touch and go.

Wish I'd booked that campervan parking ticket back in September 2019 now !

5 minutes ago, killyourtv said:

Taking my Mum to Addenbrookes Outpatients in the morning morning, then Mrs KYTV driving me to the site. She's done 2 festivals already, bored of my "folkie female fixation" and staying in a posh B & B in Salisbury laughing at pics of my attempts to put up a "2 second tent" she's bought me.  You literally have to pull to leads and it pops up, only I can fail. So hopefully I'll be ready for bands at 6pm but touch and go.

Wish I'd booked that campervan parking ticket back in September 2019 now !

It's the packing it up that takes a while to figure out... Personally I recommend watching a YouTube tutorial if you can find one!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Sean1234321 said:

I would hope you'd be allowed to, although I certainly wouldn't risk it 😂

I'm sure you will have noted but just in case others haven't .....the website https://endoftheroadfestival.com/information/general-information/ states the below.....I don't think I'd risk if I don't need to...

CAR PARKS AND CAMPERVANS/CARAVANS/LIVE IN VEHICLES

Parking passes are available in advance until 9am Weds 1st September. Please have your Parking Pass printed or screen-grabbed on your phone ready for scanning upon arrival. You will NOT be able to purchase a parking pass on arrival.

34 minutes ago, benali said:

I have this on the email when I bought tickets in February.

Screenshot_20210831-095808__01.jpg

Yeah but they changed it to online only, I think they did they around May this year. 

I'm not really fussed personally as I have bought a parking ticket, as will probably 99.9% of others - the sadist in me just wants to see what would happen if someone does turn up without having bought one. 

One of us is working on Thursday so won't arrive until 7:30pm on Thursday. Hoping that is enough time to get through the wristband exchange and suss out the camping areas before Stereolab. Like some others we were in Quiet Camping in 2019 and now it has all moved around there may be a bit of wandering to find a good spot.

6 hours ago, Sean1234321 said:

Yeah but they changed it to online only, I think they did they around May this year. 

I'm not really fussed personally as I have bought a parking ticket, as will probably 99.9% of others - the sadist in me just wants to see what would happen if someone does turn up without having bought one. 

Guess I better buy one then as I totally missed that change!

20 minutes ago, freedomweasel said:

I'm not getting there until Friday, never been EOTR before so hoping it will still be alright finding a pitch late! (Only have a small tent to worry about, thankfully)

Also my friend I was supposed to be meeting there has dropped out, so does anyone have any advice for soloers? 😄

https://www.facebook.com/groups/125270931623/announcements  End of the Road - Happy Campers is a solo campers group, this page tells you where you could find everyone, and you would be very welcome to join.  The FB group is also used by a ton of other folk as an alternative / supplement to this forum.

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

It's a big ask but is anyone driving from/via Bristol that could give me a lift? I'm incredibly unorganised and have spent the past month moving home so forgot to book travel. Happy to chip in for fuel, and I promise I'm not as much of a dickhead in person as I am on here! 😄

Still seats on National Express from Bristol.