Weather Thread 2021

gooner1990

Looking similar on all of the weather websites at the moment.  Thank you weather Gods, this would be perfect weather, nice dry build up, not too hot, dry weekend for sitting around and chilling out before the evening shenanigans 👌 (feck, I'm getting excited now!)

FFS...finally looks like the ticket issue is being sorted now they are forecasting bloody rain! 

Don't mind a bit of rain to be fair...particularly at night when back in the tent. The rain on the Friday in particular at the last Beautiful Days was a bit much. 

I remember a Kendal Calling where it literally rained non-stop for the whole 4 days...I was there on the Sunday, watching Tom Odell (not through choice, my chair was sinking so far into the mud I didn't have the energy to try and pull it out and move) thinking 'I'm too old for this shit'. Athlete stopped halfway through their set to do a running commentary on people at the back of the main stage who were sliding down the hill in the mud. 

4 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Hopefully that’s just an outlier on that websites latest model. It’s much less pessimistic over on the Met Office. Not much in the way of sun but only 10% chance of rain 

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcj8zrxj8#?date=2021-08-21

yr.no is really bad.
BBC getting worse

I vote Met Office, cos they are giving  a nice forecast

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

BBC pretty pessimistic now… 

Thursday evening and Saturday morning are when the forecast gives the highest chance of rain, around 50%. 
So what it’s saying is there’s a chance of a dry festival! 

A3AC52BE-D157-4535-9011-D35339371892.png

Screw the BBC, the Met Office is where it's at!
Much lower predicted chance of rain and any rain that does come is likely to be a mild inconvenience at best.  I hope!

Like you say, still more chance of a dry festival than wet, whichever forecast you look at.

Just now, Skelts said:

Screw the BBC, the Met Office is where it's at!
Much lower predicted chance of rain and any rain that does come is likely to be a mild inconvenience at best.  I hope!

Like you say, still more chance of a dry festival than wet, whichever forecast you look at.

Doesn’t the BBC use met office data for its forecasts?