Pyramid Subs 2022

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

What’s the criteria for “selling terribly”, anyway? This doesn’t look too bad:

33DE2BB8-B9C8-4943-9545-A4D4A848CDFE.thumb.png.5ad115ca91d622887f322f8ca276c2d4.png

That's not indicative of anything - Ticketmaster aren't the primary ticket seller for the O2, and so will only have access to a limited number of blocks.

AXS is the primary seller, and is showing plenty more available across the lower tier - and judging by their seat plan it looks like the upper tier hasn't even gone on sale yet.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

That's not indicative of anything - Ticketmaster aren't the primary ticket seller for the O2, and so will only have access to a limited number of blocks.

AXS is the primary seller, and is showing plenty more available across the lower tier - and judging by their seat plan it looks like the upper tier hasn't even gone on sale yet.

Fair, that makes more sense. Anyone know how well The Natty sold it when they played?

They are just not that big here. They are bigger in Europe / the states but honestly I’ve only met one or two people (not including efestivals) who have even heard of them.

Massive fan. Attending their gigs alone. But I literally never hear other people mention them.

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They are just not that big here. They are bigger in Europe / the states but honestly I’ve only met one or two people (not including efestivals) who have even heard of them.

Massive fan. Attending their gigs alone. But I literally never hear other people mention them.

My dude, you might not have friends going to see them but they're playing the O2 Arena. I know you're eager to show that they haven't sold it out, but they're playing it and that's enough to suggest they're a sizeable commodity. For a second time as well. They're a big band that people know. Some normies might not, but not every act has to have ubiquity.

Edited by dentalplan

Why are people so obsessed with what acts random people are talking about anyway?

The average person has a limited interest in music and doesn't go to gigs or festivals. I only talk about music with my friends who I go to gigs and festivals with.

If someone talks to you in the office they say "hi" "yeah good thanks you" "good". They don't go "here's a list of all the music acts I have heard of". Who even talks to random people about music anyway? Imagine having to be like "yeah did you listen to the new Dry Cleaning?" and not fucking melting on the spot. And don't get me started on asking your own mum to validate Glastonbury's headline bookings... Fucking hell!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why are people so obsessed with what acts random people are talking about anyway?

The average person has a limited interest in music and doesn't go to gigs or festivals. I only talk about music with my friends who I go to gigs and festivals with.

If someone talks to you in the office they say "hi" "yeah good thanks you" "good". They don't go "here's a list of all the music acts I have heard of". Who even talks to random people about music anyway? Imagine having to be like "yeah did you listen to the new Dry Cleaning?" and not fucking melting on the spot. And don't get me started on asking your own mum to validate Glastonbury's headline bookings... Fucking hell!

Yeah it’s mental. I hate it when people at work ask who I’m going to see unless it’s someone real people like.

If I’m off to see Big Thief and someone asks who I’m seeing I think “ffs” and try to move the conversation on asap after telling them “some band called Big Thief”.

8 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yeah it’s mental. I hate it when people at work ask who I’m going to see unless it’s someone real people like.

If I’m off to see Big Thief and someone asks who I’m seeing I think “ffs” and try to move the conversation on asap after telling them “some band called Big Thief”.

and then there is the dreaded follow up question 'what kind of music do they play?'

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah tbh you have a point. I don’t tell my colleagues I’m attending Glasto because the “oh who is playing” chat is painful.

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If I was going to see The War on Drugs and I told a coworker I was going to see a band that night and they asked me the name of the band, I'd say Kaiser Chiefs or summat.

Funnily enough we had a corporate event at the o2 a few weeks ago and I said to the head of my team I was coming back here for an event in a few months.

I noticed mid sentence that I was seeing a band called the war on drugs. I tried my absolute best to avoid telling him the band name. I did and was followed by an (as you said)… “oh… alright”.

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I remember a colleague not knowing who Muse were, and I had to explain Muse to them.

A colleague once asked me who I was going to see, and when I said Muse they said “I thought you’d like Muse”.

Never been dabbed down so hard in my life.