Jump to content

Pyramid Subs 2022


Chrisp1986
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Ngl I have a nagging hunch the subs could be Harry Styles, Noel Gallagher, Jack White…

This would be crazy strong. But you'd have to hedge a guess that Harry's team might not want their Wembley Stadium headliner subbing Billie Eilish when a bigger prize is possible.

At any rate, the Coachella slot has opened up a whole new discourse. 3rd down the Pyramid no longer, he's bound to headline in the next handful of years now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

This would be crazy strong. But you'd have to hedge a guess that Harry's team might not want their Wembley Stadium headliner subbing Billie Eilish when a bigger prize is possible.

At any rate, the Coachella slot has opened up a whole new discourse. 3rd down the Pyramid no longer, he's bound to headline in the next handful of years now.

I’d agree with you but he has to be playing somewhere on Glasto Friday. Weird to not be anywhere Fri and Sat on a tour.

I mean he could announce something but I don’t know why it wouldn’t be in the initial wave of dates. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’d agree with you but he has to be playing somewhere on Glasto Friday. Weird to not be anywhere Fri and Sat on a tour.

I mean he could announce something but I don’t know why it wouldn’t be in the initial wave of dates. 

You really believe that Harry Styles (who will announce more dates) will be playing Wembley Stadium, playing other stadiums and also headlining Coachella is going to sub? Really?

Id even accept people saying he could headline Saturday but subbing Billie…. Come on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’d agree with you but he has to be playing somewhere on Glasto Friday. Weird to not be anywhere Fri and Sat on a tour.

What if he just wants to hang? Plenty of megastars have a Glasto sized gap in their calendar without needing a slot.

Harry is going to have a big set-up for venues of that size. Maybe he's one of the strongest subs in the festival's history, or maybe he just wants to swan about backstage with Wolfy and Billie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’d agree with you but he has to be playing somewhere on Glasto Friday. Weird to not be anywhere Fri and Sat on a tour.

I mean he could announce something but I don’t know why it wouldn’t be in the initial wave of dates. 

Nah. If he’s at Glasto it’s as a punter or playing incognito.

He may well have more dates to sell. Not saying he’s not there but zero chance he’s advertised at this stage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Nah. If he’s at Glasto it’s as a punter or playing incognito.

He may well have more dates to sell. Not saying he’s not there but zero chance he’s advertised at this stage. 

There are extra dates with all those gaps. So whats the discussion if he adds Thursday in Dublin? He aint doing 3 in a row and then youve got the travel issue going Sat to Sun.

 

If he was slated to play in any capacity for 2022 there wouldnt be the Germany gig on Sunday. It would be Monday at worst. Billie still has days off in her country jumping week right before Glasto, no reason why Harry wouldnt either.

Edited by Suprefan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Would it not look a bit weird to have a sub who’s playing multiple Wembley dates below a headliners who’s doing arenas? (Yeah I know Billie is doing loads of nights).

 

I do get what you’re saying. Is there any chance Harry could have been confirmed way back when and he’s just holding a slot he has bagsied for some time?

Eight or so months ago we wouldn’t have considered him a headline or nothing. This is the issue with not having two festivals, some acts have rocketed up and it’s probably been quite odd putting this lineup together.

Like I still think Dua Lipa is headlining other stage for this reason. It was probably all agreed not accounting for the fact that Dua would get bigger in two years time.

Edited by Matt42
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

46 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Would it not look a bit weird to have a sub who’s playing multiple Wembley dates below a headliners who’s doing arenas? (Yeah I know Billie is doing loads of nights).

 

You can argue that Harry booked Wembley out of sheer efficiency. You can play to the same amount of people at Wembley in one night then it wouldve been with 4 dates at The O2. Billie just rebooked everything so that it mirrored the original tour. If there was a concern visually ( poster wise ) with that sort of thing then you keep Harry off the poster and drop him in later as a surprise slot. It wont be that big of a mystery anyway.  a surprise sub wouldnt really be seen as being put a notch down. Mumfords were going to do it and they headlined already albeit theyve lost a bit of their draw, its still fairly large name to put in that position anyway.

Edited by Suprefan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Seems like a decent time to revive this. We know Noel is lined up for the Saturday but I don’t think we have any clue for the other slots do we? We now know Foals and Sam Fender are playing the Other stage, Haim are on before Noel and that Royal Blood most likely aren’t playing, so that’s a few of the obvious contenders ruled out. 

I’m not too sure who else is realistically left. Jack White is in London on the Monday and Tuesday after the festival and seems a decent shout, even if he’s not quite as big as he once was. Biffy Clyro are around too, though it might be a bit soon since the last time they subbed. Other than that, I think most of the suggestions have been acts who are headlining other festivals or are clearly big enough to headline, like Dave or Harry Styles. Lana Del Rey doesn’t seem like she’s active at all and we never knew who the 2020 Sunday sub were (I don’t think it was Mumford & Sons). Dua Lipa could do it but I think if she’s back it’ll be on the Other stage again. Wolf Alice are a contender and could play under Billie Eilish but again, they seem more likely for the Other stage.

I don’t really think she’s big enough but I wouldn’t be hugely surprised to see Lorde and her crystal skulls subbing at this point, just because she’s around and most other options seem unlikely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm inclined to agree with you.

Jack White seems a decent shout for the Friday and I don't think they would have three guitar acts as subs, so yeah why not Lorde for the Sunday? She could easily have been booked a while ago before everyone realised what a clunker Solar Power was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm inclined to agree with you.

Jack White seems a decent shout for the Friday and I don't think they would have three guitar acts as subs, so yeah why not Lorde for the Sunday? She could easily have been booked a while ago before everyone realised what a clunker Solar Power was.

Yeah Lorde’s tour dates make sense for playing on the Sunday and as you say, I don’t really expect there to be three guitar acts as subs. Saying that, while it might not be intentional I think they’ve booked a guitar/rock act as the Sunday sub every year since they bizarrely put Pendulum there, so Lorde doing it would be a bit of a change. I suppose there is no pattern and all that. I’m happy to just go with The National doing it though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Seems like a decent time to revive this. We know Noel is lined up for the Saturday but I don’t think we have any clue for the other slots do we? We now know Foals and Sam Fender are playing the Other stage, Haim are on before Noel and that Royal Blood most likely aren’t playing, so that’s a few of the obvious contenders ruled out. 

I’m not too sure who else is realistically left. Jack White is in London on the Monday and Tuesday after the festival and seems a decent shout, even if he’s not quite as big as he once was. Biffy Clyro are around too, though it might be a bit soon since the last time they subbed. Other than that, I think most of the suggestions have been acts who are headlining other festivals or are clearly big enough to headline, like Dave or Harry Styles. Lana Del Rey doesn’t seem like she’s active at all and we never knew who the 2020 Sunday sub were (I don’t think it was Mumford & Sons). Dua Lipa could do it but I think if she’s back it’ll be on the Other stage again. Wolf Alice are a contender and could play under Billie Eilish but again, they seem more likely for the Other stage.

I don’t really think she’s big enough but I wouldn’t be hugely surprised to see Lorde and her crystal skulls subbing at this point, just because she’s around and most other options seem unlikely.

Friday

Billie subbed by Dua

Saturday

Harry Styles subbed by Noel

Sunday

Paul McCartney subbed by Jack White

Think all dates match.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jack/Noel/Lorde would be a pretty decent trio.

Lorde obviously seems weaker now after releasing that last snoozer of an album, but I know some on here (me included) were predicting she could take a sub slot before that so it wouldn’t be the most outrageous booking. Still reckon she could be our yearly third down Pyramid pop star, but for lack of any other ideas I’ll stick with sub for now. 

Jack might not have the hype surrounding him that he did last time, but assuming he’s still gonna play a shitload of White Stripes stuff then he fully deserves the sub slot and I’d be really stoked to have him play. Hopefully he’ll lay off the white stuff pre-performance this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, obviously it seems like they had a mystery sub for 2020 so I wonder if that’s something they might be carrying over aka possibly an act too big for that slot. Again, fuck knows who, but it might be why there aren’t too many obvious sub contenders. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Seems like a decent time to revive this. We know Noel is lined up for the Saturday but I don’t think we have any clue for the other slots do we? We now know Foals and Sam Fender are playing the Other stage, Haim are on before Noel and that Royal Blood most likely aren’t playing, so that’s a few of the obvious contenders ruled out. 

I’m not too sure who else is realistically left. Jack White is in London on the Monday and Tuesday after the festival and seems a decent shout, even if he’s not quite as big as he once was. Biffy Clyro are around too, though it might be a bit soon since the last time they subbed. Other than that, I think most of the suggestions have been acts who are headlining other festivals or are clearly big enough to headline, like Dave or Harry Styles. Lana Del Rey doesn’t seem like she’s active at all and we never knew who the 2020 Sunday sub were (I don’t think it was Mumford & Sons). Dua Lipa could do it but I think if she’s back it’ll be on the Other stage again. Wolf Alice are a contender and could play under Billie Eilish but again, they seem more likely for the Other stage.

I don’t really think she’s big enough but I wouldn’t be hugely surprised to see Lorde and her crystal skulls subbing at this point, just because she’s around and most other options seem unlikely.

Why are royal blood unlikely?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...