Pyramid Subs 2022

Chrisp1986

Just now, Matt42 said:

You say that but he looks to be back again. Playing a festival a few days before. He’s probably back in because Macca is back in.

Also a massive amount of people will still be super excited about seeing him even if they’ve already seen him once lol.

Just now, Florian Saucer Attack said:

@Somto Unigwe Raphaelcongradulations on showing extreme restraint in not hilariously suggesting J Cole as a sub

Thanks for the reminder that I left him out of my Pyramid lineup on the last page. He’ll be third down imo.

Just now, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I know, I think he is almost certainly playing but I don't think he should

We could all share that sentiment about somebody on the line-up though! Personally, I don't know why Haim keep getting invited. In my opinion, you've seen one Haim gig, you've seen them all. But I don't doubt their popularity, each to their own!

If the rumours go the way it looks I don’t want to see any older goers complaining about them booking younger acts.

It could be the case that the pyramid has Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher, Robert Plant, Aerosmith, Diana Ross, and The Specials on one stage. That’s a former Beatles, an Oasis and Led Zep frontman, one of the biggest American bands, a former Supreme and probably the most well known English ska band.

I think they’ve sufficiently met the heritage factor this year.

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If the rumours go the way it looks I don’t want to see any oldies complaining about them booking younger acts.

It could be the case that the pyramid has Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher, Robert Plant, Aerosmith, Diana Ross, and The Specials on one stage. That’s a former Beatles, an Oasis and Led Zep frontman, one of the biggest American bands, a former Supreme and probably the most well known English ska band.

I think they’ve sufficiently met the heritage factor this year.

Don't forget the black dyke band who have been around since the 1850's!

3 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

We could all share that sentiment about somebody on the line-up though! Personally, I don't know why Haim keep getting invited. In my opinion, you've seen one Haim gig, you've seen them all. But I don't doubt their popularity, each to their own!

Haim last album was there best and not many people would have heard those songs live because of the pandemic 

46 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Glastonbury tend to shake up their subs a bit though. Biffy Clyro before Ed Sheeran instead of Foo Fighters is one.

Also there will probably be someone on another stage they will see. I can’t see many parking up at the pyramid all day (aside from the ultra fans).

The ultra fans of billie eillish will probably be sitting at home because they don't have a ticket for the most part in all honesty.

Just now, chazwwe said:

I can't see HAIM as a sub headliner. I think they're a perfect 3rd down break between Diana/Who ever is subbing sunday headliner. I also think 3 guitar style bands for 3rd down (Jack White, Royal Blood, Noel, HAIM) would be too similar but that's just my personal thoughts. 

I think that efests will always lean to giving the big slots to bands - but there will most likely be a pop star or something thrown in there. This is why I think there is a chance of Doja Cat somewhere.

Lorde may be taking one of the third downs but who knows.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I think that efests will always lean to giving the big slots to bands - but there will most likely be a pop star or something thrown in there. This is why I think there is a chance of Doja Cat somewhere.

As I'm not too familiar with Doja Cat outside of some singles, is she really big enough to sub headline? There's just so many bands and artists around its really hard to pin down. I think the Pyramid Sub/Other Sub could be some of the more surprising announcements. If the rumours (which I'm pretty sure were confirmed?) of Mumfords subbing Taylor, I could see something like that appearing. 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I reckon theres more chance of Rodrigo than Doja if theres just one of them.

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

As I'm not too familiar with Doja Cat outside of some singles, is she really big enough to sub headline? There's just so many bands and artists around its really hard to pin down. I think the Pyramid Sub/Other Sub could be some of the more surprising announcements. If the rumours (which I'm pretty sure were confirmed?) of Mumfords subbing Taylor, I could see something like that appearing. 

Doja Cat is not subbing Glasto 2022.

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I thought third down personally. She’s probably one of the biggest names in pop/rap right now and I don’t think she’s necessarily a headliner or nothing.

I do agree that she is likely for wireless but I think that her playing festivals like Coachella, Lollapalooza, and some European dates in non headlining slots she may be Glasto bound.

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

I reckon theres more chance of Rodrigo than Doja if theres just one of them.

I think Rodrigo is highly likely due to her dates and won’t play as high - 4th down in the slot Camila looked to be in last time works fine. I think Doja would be a third down.

32 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, with so many potential subs knocking about Noel should be politely uninvited. Any punter who is a fan will have already seen him at least once and can't be super excited about seeing him again

Why exactly? I'm a fan and would be genuinely happy to see him sub.

Smacks an awful lot of "I don't like him so he shouldn't be there".

2 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Very much so. Especially because he will be subbing McCartney and I want a great spot for McCartney so I will have to see at least part of his set. 

Well suck it up buttercup, I had to stand through Primal Scream stinking the place out to ensure a spot for the Stones. These are the sacrifices we have to make.