Pyramid Subs 2022

Chrisp1986

19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Backing bands aren't always capable though, just ask Liam Gallagher. His was awful to begin with.

Yeah. They’re good now though and we still wouldn’t call that and Oasis much of a muchness.

It’s just frustrating how people are so dismissive of Meg’s input and the iconic dynamic between the two of them. They wouldn’t have been as big or interesting if it was just Jack and others as it is now. I think a lot of the historic (not you) mockery of her comes from a backwards place and, well, I think her place in their legacy is worth preserving.

Even that aside, watching back them two powering through their live shows and then Jack doing their songs with seven others on stage… It’s the original all the way.

Not an argument for the subs thread though, I concede.

Outside of new acts (i.e. I’d love to see Dave do it in the next couple of years) a White Stripes or Pulp reunion would be pretty much top of my Pyramid headliner wishlist.

The chemistry between Jack and Meg is one of the main things and something you obviously can’t get at a Jack White gig.

1 minute ago, AlexOvd said:

1000 times better than Jack White.

I've never seen either live so both suit me as subs, major issue is you never know how much beak Jack will have rifled pre-show.

I imagine TWOD are much more consistent live. 

14 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

Have The War on Drugs been ruled out? 

Think they’re back in Europe for June 

I've been quietly hopeful, and their billing at other festivals suggests they are big enough to sub, but not sure they would be handed that slot at Glasto. 

3 minutes ago, Mamba said:

I've been quietly hopeful, and their billing at other festivals suggests they are big enough to sub, but not sure they would be handed that slot at Glasto. 

Tbh they’re doing a few arenas on their tour and are headlining festivals across Europe. That seems about where The National were when they subbed. It’s certainly ahead of Wolf Alice who have been suggested a bit for it.

12 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Tbh they’re doing a few arenas on their tour and are headlining festivals across Europe. That seems about where The National were when they subbed. It’s certainly ahead of Wolf Alice who have been suggested a bit for it.

I hope you're right as they're a great live band. Seems a weird fit before Billie or Kendrick though (assuming Noel is subbing Macca).

40 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Seems a weird fit before Billie or Kendrick though (assuming Noel is subbing Macca).

No less weird than Nick Cave going full wig out to a field of confused Mumfords fans, or any number of other Sub/Headline pairings over the years

The War on Drugs won’t be subbing. This isn’t primavera. 

It would be thinnest sub crowd ever. They’ve got one O2 date on sale which is selling terribly. I’m really looking forward to it but I’m half expecting it to be poorly attended.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It would be thinnest sub crowd ever. They’ve got one O2 date on sale which is selling terribly. I’m really looking forward to it but I’m half expecting it to be poorly attended.

Vampy Weeks couldn't have sold much better on their last record and they still subbed

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah, they’d be headlining at Primavera!

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

This is kind of where I am. I'm a big fan and going to see them in Birmingham, but not sure they are a big enough name for a sub slot even though they probably are 'big' enough.

Would be happy to be proved wrong.