Pyramid Subs 2022

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

2017 was the last time from a cursory Google? They've probably released another three double albums in that time. 

This came about cause I did a little stalk of @endswithMJ and saw they had previously given Biffy Clyro info, but their dates are suitably Glastonbury-able, I think. 

I’m sure there were rumblings of them being there in 2020 as well with their dates lining up. Again, maybe too soon with it being just two festivals ago, but they strike me as a band who would jump at the chance of playing again so an easy booking if there’s a space that needs filling. 

36 minutes ago, Tuna said:

2017 was the last time from a cursory Google? They've probably released another three double albums in that time. 

This came about cause I did a little stalk of @endswithMJ and saw they had previously given Biffy Clyro info, but their dates are suitably Glastonbury-able, I think. 

Have I given biffy clyro info? 

4 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

Have I given biffy clyro info?

One sec... I was using Google and not the website search cause it's not very good. Something about being in the pub with one of their members.

OK it was wolf alice, not biffy. How the fuck did I manage that one 😃

• 2 weeks later...

Who we got as possibilities, then?

Noel Gallagher (obvs)
Jack White
Florence and the Machine
Harry Styles
Dua Lipa
Lorde
Wolf Alice
Royal Blood (even though we’ve heard not)
Biffy Clyro
The National
Dave

Anyone I’m missing? Obvs half of those above seem unlikely but who tf knows what we’re gonna get!

Just now, jparx said:

I’m obviously all for Kendrick headlining, but if Florence subbed him would that be the first time you could seriously make a case the sub is more popular than the headliner?

The Verve and Leonard Cohen, albeit that one comes with a fair bit of hindsight as not many people anticipated the outpouring of love that Cohen would get.

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Who we got as possibilities, then?

Noel Gallagher (obvs)
Jack White
Florence and the Machine
Harry Styles
Dua Lipa
Lorde
Wolf Alice
Royal Blood (even though we’ve heard not)
Biffy Clyro
The National
Dave

Anyone I’m missing? Obvs half of those above seem unlikely but who tf knows what we’re gonna get!

Imo out of that it’s between Noel, Flo, Jack, Harry.

It will be three of them. Unless there is a curveball.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I felt confident in it but now Flo is up for grabs I think it’s less likely. 

I don't see either Florence or Style to be honest. I think you're overestimating the size of the acts they get to sub.

You have one act who has headlined recently and would again, and another who is clearly already headline sized. Look back at previous years, has there ever been an act as big as either of those two subbing? The very last act to sub was Vampire Weekend, they're not jumping from that to Harry Styles.