Pyramid Subs 2022

Chrisp1986

Just now, chazwwe said:

Thats on me, I thought he was 3rd down, other than that though I really can't think of many. 

I forgot Billie played third down instead of sub as she was also who I had in mind.

Mumford & Sons also went from other sub to headlining the pyramid. 

Wrong thread (I also haven't actually looked to see if the artists listed are available on said dates) but feck it:

Pyramid
Billie Eilish // Dave // Haim // Bastille // Kacey Musgraves // First Aid Kit // Fatboy Slim

Paul McCartney // George Ezra // Noel Gallagher // Gerry Cinnamon // Sigrid // Arlo Parks // Candi Station

Kendrick Lamar // Aerosmith // Elbow // Diana Ross // Crowded House // The Waterboys // Black Dyke Band

Other: Wolf Alice // Calvin Harris // Pet Shop Boys

West Holts: Bicep // Little Simz // The Specials

John Peel: Manic Street Preachers, Idles, Doves

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Wrong thread (I also haven't actually looked to see if the artists listed are available on said dates) but feck it:

Pyramid
Billie Eilish // Dave // Haim // Bastille // Kacey Musgraves // First Aid Kit // Fatboy Slim

Paul McCartney // George Ezra // Noel Gallagher // Gerry Cinnamon // Sigrid // Arlo Parks // Candi Station

Kendrick Lamar // Aerosmith // Elbow // Diana Ross // Crowded House // The Waterboys // Black Dyke Band

Other: Wolf Alice // Calvin Harris // Pet Shop Boys

West Holts: Bicep // Little Simz // The Specials

John Peel: Manic Street Preachers, Idles, Doves

No Olivia no party

QOTSA are also Friday other

Edited by Matt42

26 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yep, I'm with you on that one, Gnomster. The Pyramid run of Lana Del Rey, Robert Plant, Jack White and Metallica will take some beating. Can anyone beat that? Probably worth a new thread. The best three or four act straight run on a single stage.

Not all the same stage but my day went Rev Peyton's Big Damn Band > Royal Blood > Fat White Family > Robert Plant > Manics > Metallica > Rusty Shackle > Pronghorn > sleep.

52 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes it would, but the BBC would probably want to cover it.  Also this time it wouldn’t be plant and the space shifters, it would be Plant  and Alison Krauss so very different setlists.  Though I’d love to hear her on Kashmir 😉

Again, there wasn’t a massive clamour to see him last time. I don’t see what’s changed between then and now.

54 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yep, I'm with you on that one, Gnomster. The Pyramid run of Lana Del Rey, Robert Plant, Jack White and Metallica will take some beating. Can anyone beat that? Probably worth a new thread. The best three or four act straight run on a single stage.

I didn’t do the acts in this order but

First Aid Kid -> Kris Kristofferson -> Royal Blood -> The XX -> Radiohead was pretty banging 

47 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Again, there wasn’t a massive clamour to see him last time. I don’t see what’s changed between then and now.

Very true, not much changed, and this time very different set list with Alison Krauss, though theBBC would want to cover the set which might influence which stage. 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

So he was, that's age playing tricks on me. I watch him them Manics then Pixies on the Other the Ferry on WH. Which is why in my head he was on fourth.

My point remains, fourth down at best these days.

I think he will be fourth down perhaps 5th down lowest.

This begs the question whether Aerosmith are opening the pyramid… didn’t the original info say that they were playing much lower than we’d expect. Can’t get lower than an opening set!

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It was good on paper but (for me) Lana Del Rey and Jack White were poor, and even though I knew what it would be like going into it so wasn’t disappointed, Robert Plant doing his weird renditions of Led Zep songs doesn’t set the world alight.

Metallica were great but their music just isn’t that good compared to half the acts who headline Glastonbury, and they didn’t play Battery as they are stupid goths.

Kylie > Miley > VW > The Cure is probably my favourite one stage run I’ve had at Glasto.

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

So he was, that's age playing tricks on me. I watch him them Manics then Pixies on the Other the Ferry on WH. Which is why in my head he was on fourth.

My point remains, fourth down at best these days.

Plant & Krauss are probably a bigger act as a duo than their respective solo careers, indeed their first album did far better than any of their solo stuff, and won numerous awards. If they play the Pyramid I wouldn’t particularly expect them to play lower than third. 

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

This would be crazy strong. But you'd have to hedge a guess that Harry's team might not want their Wembley Stadium headliner subbing Billie Eilish when a bigger prize is possible.

At any rate, the Coachella slot has opened up a whole new discourse. 3rd down the Pyramid no longer, he's bound to headline in the next handful of years now.

I’d agree with you but he has to be playing somewhere on Glasto Friday. Weird to not be anywhere Fri and Sat on a tour.

I mean he could announce something but I don’t know why it wouldn’t be in the initial wave of dates.