Pyramid Subs 2022

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

West Holts headliner for Plant/Krauss? Fits in more with the world music ethos than recent headliners. If Brian Ferry can do it, why the hell not.

#TeamGentleParty

Isn’t Plant pure BBC “look we’ve got a led zep member playing the pyramid” material? 

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Again, Plant played daytime Pyramid in 2014. It's not like he's seen anything to bump him up the lineup considerably since.

Headlining a smaller stage makes more sense IMO.

My dad said to me he had a fantastic day infront of the telly that evening enjoying Glastonbury. Robert Plant, Bryan Ferry, and a bit of Metallica he loved it!

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Again, Plant played daytime Pyramid in 2014. It's not like he's seen anything to bump him up the lineup considerably since.

Headlining a smaller stage makes more sense IMO.

Yes it would, but the BBC would probably want to cover it.  Also this time it wouldn’t be plant and the space shifters, it would be Plant  and Alison Krauss so very different setlists.  Though I’d love to hear her on Kashmir 😉

Plant is pure BBC4. Just the place to put a West Holts headliner set.

His 2014 set was incredible, part of the greatest Glastonbury day ever (TM).

If he does the Acoustic, it's not available anywhere, don't think it's even available on the website/red button?

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

His 2014 set was incredible, part of the greatest Glastonbury day ever (TM).

Yep, I'm with you on that one, Gnomster. The Pyramid run of Lana Del Rey, Robert Plant, Jack White and Metallica will take some beating. Can anyone beat that? Probably worth a new thread. The best three or four act straight run on a single stage.

28 minutes ago, sisco said:

Just thought of a sub for that Sunday, would probably please the locals too.

Enter Lewis Capaldi

The good news is he’s in Ireland all weekend.

I agree with Matt on Robert Plant, early afternoon Pyramid makes sense. I get the calls for West Holts headliner but I think there’s probably other acts around who are better suited to West Holts.

Edited by kingcrawler

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

The good news is he’s in Ireland all weekend.

I agree with Matt on Robert Plant, early afternoon Pyramid makes sense. I get the calls for West Holts headliner but I think there’s probably other acts around who are better suited to West Holts.

Back to my corner.  

A little off topic, but when people watch a sub to get a good spot for a headliner, where do they stand / move during the changeover? We went down the side of the Pyramid and got fairly near the enterance to the pit during the last 20 mins of Liam and managed to get in 5 minutes after he ended and got a pretty good spot. Did the same for The Cure the night after. Just asking as I've seen people camp as close to the barrier before the front pit as they can for the sub and headliner, and I've got a better spot than them for just timing the changeover.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The other stage sub slot fits the profile on the rise category better. Most acts who play that position end up headlining (or close to headlining) soon enough.

I can see Wolf Alice being a pretty strong sub headlining. 

But your ppoint on other stage sub slot being close to headlining is false. When was the last time a Other sub headliner, headlined the Pyramid. 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

I can see Wolf Alice being a pretty strong sub headlining. 

But your ppoint on other stage sub slot being close to headlining is false. When was the last time a Other sub headliner, headlined the Pyramid. 

Also Billie went from third down other to headlining 2022.