Pyramid Subs 2022

Chrisp1986

What if Royal Blood got the sub and HAIM was third down? Or are we in agreement here that HAIM is a bigger band than RB?

Pyramid looking something like this…

Billie Eilish // Royal Blood // Elbow // Olivia Rodrigo // Kacey Musgraves // The Waterboys // Rufus Wainright

Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher // HAIM // Aerosmith // Sigrid // Imelda May // Candi Station

Kendrick Lamar // Jack White // Lorde // Diana Ross // The Specials // Crowded House // Herbie Hancock // Black Dyke Band

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

What if Royal Blood got the sub and HAIM was third down? Or are we in agreement here that HAIM is a bigger band than RB?

Billie Eilish // Royal Blood // Elbow // Olivia Rodrigo // Kacey Musgraves // The Waterboys // Rufus Wainright

Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher // HAIM // Aerosmith // Sigrid // Imelda May // Candi Station

Kendrick Lamar // Jack White // Lorde // Diana Ross // The Specials // Crowded House // Herbie Hancock // Black Dyke Band

Two thoughts... the Billie fans waiting at the front are not going to enjoy the bouncing during Royal Blood! Also, it just looks so wrong to see Aerosmith before Haim. Otherwise, looks very plausible. 

1 minute ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Two thoughts... the Billie fans waiting at the front are not going to enjoy the bouncing during Royal Blood! Also, it just looks so wrong to see Aerosmith before Haim. Otherwise, looks very plausible. 

Glastonbury tend to shake up their subs a bit though. Biffy Clyro before Ed Sheeran instead of Foo Fighters is one.

Also there will probably be someone on another stage they will see. I can’t see many parking up at the pyramid all day (aside from the ultra fans).

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Glastonbury tend to shake up their subs a bit though. Biffy Clyro before Ed Sheeran instead of Foo Fighters is one.

Also there will probably be someone on another stage they will see. I can’t see many parking up at the pyramid all day (aside from the ultra fans).

Faithless before Stevie Wonder was a cracker! The chair brigade were somewhat confused.

Do I remember something like Pendulum before Beyoncé?! Something like that anyway

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt42 said:

I was there and it was weird! My friend and I actually asked a group of kids if they wouldn't mind moving back for BC so that we wouldn't upset them, explaining that we would be leaving before ES.. they did and it worked out fine but i'm guessing some guys would t have been so thoughtful.

Just now, Matt42 said:

In general Glastonbury have recently put the most suitable subs under the headliners tbh, with Biffy not being under Foos the only strange one (bearing in mind that Tame Impala were seemingly a replacement for D’Angelo in 2016).

Even then, out of the three subs in 2017, Biffy Clyro are the only ones who would have some songs that Ed Sheeran fans know/enjoy. They’ve been a pop band since like 2009.

Just now, JoeyT said:

Think Sunday's sub will be a big act with a broad crossover appeal demographic wise with a larger than usual set for a sub.

Something to tick the box with the day trippers and will also absorb some of the time Kendrick's set is short by.

Could this be Aerosmith or do we know for sure they're on Saturday?

Just now, JoeyT said:

Aerosmith would be a good call I'd say.

Not sure who else would fit that criteria who would also have a low enough ego to accept subbing?

Crowded House are likely to be Sunday now and of course Diana Ross so there’s at least them 2 for the locals

8 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

In general Glastonbury have recently put the most suitable subs under the headliners tbh, with Biffy not being under Foos the only strange one (bearing in mind that Tame Impala were seemingly a replacement for D’Angelo in 2016).

Even then, out of the three subs in 2017, Biffy Clyro are the only ones who would have some songs that Ed Sheeran fans know/enjoy. They’ve been a pop band since like 2009.

George Ezra under Stormzy too last time out.  There does seem to be at least 1 a year which is a little random

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Think Sunday's sub will be a big act with a broad crossover appeal demographic wise with a larger than usual set for a sub.

Something to tick the box with the day trippers and will also absorb some of the time Kendrick's set is short by.

George Ezra lol

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Looks a bit optimistic to me.

Billie Eilish // Haim // Elbow // Kacey Musgraves // The Waterboys // Rufus Wainright

Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher // Aerosmith // Sigrid // Candi Station

Kendrick Lamar // Royal Blood // The Specials // Diana Ross // Crowded House // Herbie Hancock // Black Dyke Band

Other: QOTSA, Lorde, PSB

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

George Ezra under Stormzy too last time out.  There does seem to be at least 1 a year which is a little random

Don’t think that’s weird tbh, and think it’s what most people were predicting in the lead up.

Stormzy’s a massive household pop artist who’s collaborated with people like Ed Sheeran. Another massive upcoming pop artist like George Ezra below him makes total sense for the type of crowd you’d expect him to draw.

Edit: You’ve also gotta consider who the other subs were. George Ezra below Stormzy makes way more sense than Liam Gallagher or Vampire Weekend.

Edited by Somto Unigwe Raphael

6 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Looks a bit optimistic to me.

Billie Eilish // Haim // Elbow // Kacey Musgraves // The Waterboys // Rufus Wainright

Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher // Aerosmith // Sigrid // Candi Station

Kendrick Lamar // Royal Blood // The Specials // Diana Ross // Crowded House // Herbie Hancock // Black Dyke Band

Other: QOTSA, Lorde, PSB

Jack White has dates in London on the Mon and TUES after Glasto so highly likely he'll be at the farm. 

Just now, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, with so many potential subs knocking about Noel should be politely uninvited. Any punter who is a fan will have already seen him at least once and can't be super excited about seeing him again

You say that but he looks to be back again. Playing a festival a few days before. He’s probably back in because Macca is back in.

7 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Jack White has dates in London on the Mon and TUES after Glasto so highly likely he'll be at the farm. 

Yeah but on the other hand he could just be doing those as the UK dates on his tour. The whole tour is around that time, so even if he isn’t playing Glasto the London dates would be around then.

I wouldn’t be shocked by him playing but Glasto don’t seem to repeat subs very often, particularly in recent years.