Pyramid Subs 2022

Chrisp1986

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think R&L has anywhere near the pulling power it used to have to lock artists down or exclusives. Dave can comfortably headline R&L and if he’s around Glasto time, I can’t see Emily passing down a chance to book him when he’s around. Whilst his second album has been big he’s not quite at glasto headline level yet, so I think it’s a good time.

They will want a big UK Rap artist (it’s technically drill but I’m just going to call it Rap) on the pyramid stage for sure.

Boomer 

9 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

hip hop is the general term like rock. Dave easily falls under hip hop. 

I didn’t realise this would be such a controversial point but oh well. Either way I still think he could be there and a sub would be about right for him.

I doubt he’s going to get much bigger than he already is, as he’s not going in the same mainstream direction that Stormzy does. Aka I don’t think Dave is going after the mums.

10 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

You got it mixed up. Rap is one element of hip hop. The term hip hop is older than rap, originally rapping was called MCing. 

Instrumental trip hop is a type of hip hop even though it has no rapping.

Fair enough mate didn’t think that deeply about it. Doesn’t change the fact that Dave and drill are both rap music.

Probably unnecessarily getting into the weeds but I just thought of rap as a type of vocal, either you rap or sing (or whatever else) Not forgetting the urr great days of Nu Metal when rappers were all over heavy music.

So hip-hop, grime, drill are just genres of music based on their sounds or origins more than if there is rapping involved. They just have more rapping than anything else.

I dunno.

4 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Probably unnecessarily getting into the weeds but I just thought of rap as a type of vocal, either you rap or sing (or whatever else) Not forgetting the urr great days of Nu Metal when rappers were all over heavy music.

So hip-hop, grime, drill are just genres of music based on their sounds or origins more than if there is rapping involved. They just have more rapping than anything else.

I dunno.

The real reason I brought up though was because people sometimes (including myself) refer to acts like Stormzy as grime artists, when they don’t really make Grime anymore. Wiley and Aitch got in an argument the other day because Aitch claims Grime is a bit of a dead genre again as most UK rap is now drill.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m coming back round to the idea of her back headlining the Other opposite Macca.

There'd be some sparse crowds on WH, JP and The Park.

WH could pull a few with a dance headliner a la Bicep, but gotta think a huge % of people would be at one of the big two.

• 1 month later...

Now that we know (barring any major changes) the headliners, and most likely the Other headliners, the Pyramid subs are one of the few remaining sources of intrigue. Three spots and a hell of a lot of acts who could potentially be in the frame...

Noel G, Royal Blood, Dave, Wolf Alice, Lorde, LDR (you never know), Haim, Lizzo, Biffy Clyro...