Secret Sets 2021

Jack.194

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve just had a proper look through the clashfinder for gaps at Leeds and these are the slots that are free: 

The 3 BBC Introducing sets will almost certainly be acts who are already on the lineup. That leaves 5 slots (one became available yesterday because of jxdn dropping out) so I’m thinking that one won’t be filled and we will see 4 secret sets. 

Don Broco, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, You Me At Six & Jake Bugg (if that info is correct)? 

They will probably have known about jdxn before yesterday though, so it doesn't rule it out.

Plus I can't see them putting any of the first three on the FR, so if there are two sets on the FR that day its either Jake Bugg + one other (if that shaky rumour is true) or two names completely out of the blue.

1 minute ago, NoBuses said:

Please lord please

It'd be immense. Looking down the lineup I'd guess at:

Friday: Wolf Alice or Tom Grennan

Saturday: Declan McKenna, Sam Fender or Mabel

Sunday: The Wombats.

Not sure where Larry Pink the Human fits into all that, so naturally I'm getting carried away thinking his secret set is the return of Slaves in the Pit

Just now, andyrhodes24 said:

It'd be immense. Looking down the lineup I'd guess at:

Friday: Wolf Alice or Tom Grennan

Saturday: Declan McKenna, Sam Fender or Mabel

Sunday: The Wombats.

Not sure where Larry Pink the Human fits into all that, so naturally I'm getting carried away thinking his secret set is the return of Slaves in the Pit

Wombats did in 2018 iirc

25 minutes ago, m4tt said:

There's loads of space on the introducing, does anyone remember how much they fill it up? There's potential for a ton of secret sets

It always finishes by about 8pm but I don't remember it starting so late, not that I go to that stage that often. Potentially six gaps on the introducing stage across the weekend straight off that bat

4 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

It always finishes by about 8pm but I don't remember it starting so late, not that I go to that stage that often. Potentially six gaps on the introducing stage across the weekend straight off that bat

Same, only ever been for Shikari in 2019. Would be nice to get something heavier on the Sunday as we no longer have the Pit that day.

16 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I don't know what it's like on the app (Android user, so not got it yet) but on the Leeds website the times don't seem right for the Friday (the only day I'm going, so the only one I've checked much).  They've got the last act starting at 6.05 and on other days the last act starts around 7.45.  The spacing between the acts is all over the place, and they are listing FFSYTHO on the Saturday on the line up page, but Friday on the poster (and Alife Indra still on the poster but not on the line up).  It's probably low priority for them to sort it, but probably worth seeing the final confirmed schedule before reading too much into there being multiple secret sets (the long gap mid afternoon still seems most likely).

58 minutes ago, m4tt said:

There's loads of space on the introducing, does anyone remember how much they fill it up? There's potential for a ton of secret sets

In recent years they've nearly always had 12 acts per day, including one "secret set", usually from a band that's already due to play later in the day. The stage usually starts around 12pm although once it started closer to 11am, as they had 13 acts playing, and is finished by 8pm (8:30pm in 2017). There's never normally such big gaps.

43 minutes ago, WFD said:

I don't know what it's like on the app (Android user, so not got it yet) but on the Leeds website the times don't seem right for the Friday (the only day I'm going, so the only one I've checked much).  They've got the last act starting at 6.05 and on other days the last act starts around 7.45.  The spacing between the acts is all over the place, and they are listing FFSYTHO on the Saturday on the line up page, but Friday on the poster (and Alife Indra still on the poster but not on the line up).  It's probably low priority for them to sort it, but probably worth seeing the final confirmed schedule before reading too much into there being multiple secret sets (the long gap mid afternoon still seems most likely).

I don't think the Leeds Clashfinder is right on the Introducing stage - Lauran Hibberd is down as starting at 14:45 on there but 14:00 on the app. Half thinking we'll just have to wait for the whiteboard they put outside the stage each day tbh!

Can someone tell me how you actually find out on the day about the secret sets? Or do they just not announce it anywhere and you need to guess?! It's my first time going to Leeds and with You Me At Six hinting that they might be playing I want to make sure I don't miss it if they do but have no idea how it works!! 

Edited by Kharara_

8 minutes ago, Kharara_ said:

Can someone tell me how you actually find out on the day about the secret sets? Or do they just not announce it anywhere and you need to guess?! It's my first time going to Leeds and with You Me At Six hinting that they might be playing I want to make sure I don't miss it if they do but have no idea how it works!! 

Usually announced on the app on the day, think they did that for Broco in 2017 and BMTH (An Invitation to Salvation) in 2018. Check here on the main 2021 thread though, and the merch stands for any merch on sale for bands not on the lineup and the fences covered in posters, sometimes there's posters saying "2pm Pit Stage" etc. Not sure how but no one is ever out of the loop if they don't want to be.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

This didn't age well. Was waiting there and no Yonaka! Made me miss out on a couple of others 

Sorry! Like the previous post says, they announced it on the app.

BBCC definitely on at 4.05 (it's on the chalkboard as well as the app!l