Secret Sets 2021

Jack.194

3 hours ago, WStoner said:

Could Lets Eat Grandma be a shout for a secret set?  They're doing a late night DJ set at Reading.  Seems an odd thing to come all the way to Reading for if they aren't performing too?

Wouldn't read too much into it, every year they have bands doing DJ sets and it doesn't usually translate into the band itself playing (though probably an indicator that they'll play next year). Let's Eat Grandma haven't played live yet this year, if they were active and willing they could have taken some of the replacement slots that festivals have been desperate to fill. 

1 hour ago, Dukey said:

So we potentially have:

FR tent between Bloxx and Baby Queen

Main stage between Demob Happy and Inhaler

Lockup between Bad Nerves and Grace McKagan

Also the 3 BBC Intro sets 

Also a suitable gap between Bakar and Girl in Red, for both Leeds and Reading - though I think that happened a few years ago on FR with the timing of the headliner and nothing materialised.

I’ve just had a proper look through the clashfinder for gaps at Leeds and these are the slots that are free: 

FRIDAY

FR > between Baby Queen & Bloxx 

FR > between Bakar & Girl In Red

BBC Introducing > between Ffsytho?! & Stone 

SATURDAY 

Lock Up > between Bad Nerves & Grace McKagan 

BBC Introducing > between Lady Ice & The Rills 

SUNDAY 

BBC Introducing > from 12:00 until Mega 

Pit > between Macca Wiles & Jazmin Bean 

Pit > between Badflower & Loathe 

The 3 BBC Introducing sets will almost certainly be acts who are already on the lineup. That leaves 5 slots (one became available yesterday because of jxdn dropping out) so I’m thinking that one won’t be filled and we will see 4 secret sets. 

Don Broco, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, You Me At Six & Jake Bugg (if that info is correct)? 

Edited by Andre91

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve just had a proper look through the clashfinder for gaps at Leeds and these are the slots that are free: 

FRIDAY

SATURDAY 

SUNDAY 

The 3 BBC Introducing sets will almost certainly be acts who are already on the lineup. That leaves 5 slots (one became available yesterday because of jxdn dropping out) so I’m thinking that one won’t be filled and we will see 4 secret sets. 

Don Broco, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, You Me At Six & Jake Bugg (if that info is correct)? 

Who do we reckon could do the introducing? Maybe Easy life or Inhaler

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY 

SUNDAY 

Did I read somewhere that FR was going to be female only this year?

If so, does that mean that the secret sets will have to be bands with a female member. This would rule out most of the bands we’ve mentioned as possible secret sets.

Just now, rivalschools.price said:

Did I read somewhere that FR was going to be female only this year?

If so, does that mean that the secret sets will have to be bands with a female member. This would rule out most of the bands we’ve mentioned as possible secret sets.

Nah they added Bakar on that day

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY 

SUNDAY 

That Friday Leeds/Sunday Reading BBC Introducing set has got Wolf Alice written all over it