Secret Sets 2021

Jack.194

3 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Update on my in the know mum. Assume he meant Larry Pink The Human as Slaves aren’t touring atm and haven’t done anything in a while. Could be R&L on the introducing. What other fests are next weekend that he could do?

71599128-EB9D-47EB-A7AC-A90C92B4C448.jpeg

are you taking the piss or not lol i assumed the first message was a joke but now your backing it up lol

11 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

Anyone think MGK pulling out may change who we see as a secret set aka they just get bumped up to an actual announced act?

Very much so.

Also, half the Architects stage at ALT+LDN is booked for R&L, can imagine them bringing some more in if needed.

18 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Controversial pick but Maneskin would be a decent Pit secret set. They draw in a few Pit stage regulars but also the Tik Tok crowd Melvin has clearly targeted this year

Surely things arent that bad.

Also, waterparks are doing the secret set @ the pit

20 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Controversial pick but Maneskin would be a decent Pit secret set. They draw in a few Pit stage regulars but also the Tik Tok crowd Melvin has clearly targeted this year

Who else thats been booked is specifically for the tiktok crowd? madison beer maybe but she's gone now

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Who else thats been booked is specifically for the tiktok crowd? madison beer maybe but she's gone now

The Kid Laroi, Arizona Zervas, Bad Boy Chiller Crew, jxdn, to name a few. All artists who have songs that went massive on TikTok. 

Edited by Andre91

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The Kid Laroi, Arizona Zervas, Bad Boy Chiller Crew, jxdn, to name a few. All artists who have songs that went massive on TikTok. 

I don't remember BBCC going big on it wow. In my opinion its unfair to say they are booked because of tiktok though - they are big upcoming acts that have blown up - it doesn't really matter where they blow up. not saying you are saying this but tiktok gets treated with such a stigma but its acted as a platform for so much alternative music to grow from, stuff that just wouldnt come through normally as its so un-chart. Maneskin is a massive booking right now, just a few weeks back they had 3 songs in the top 20.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

I don't remember BBCC going big on it wow. In my opinion its unfair to say they are booked because of tiktok though - they are big upcoming acts that have blown up - it doesn't really matter where they blow up. not saying you are saying this but tiktok gets treated with such a stigma but its acted as a platform for so much alternative music to grow from, stuff that just wouldnt come through normally as its so un-chart. Maneskin is a massive booking right now, just a few weeks back they had 3 songs in the top 20.

I’ve got no beef with TikTok, it’s proving be be an amazing tool for music promotion and is only going to get stronger and stronger moving forward. I wasn’t digging any of those artists out 🙂 

15 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve got no beef with TikTok, it’s proving be be an amazing tool for music promotion and is only going to get stronger and stronger moving forward. I wasn’t digging any of those artists out 🙂 

run out of reacts but the little green arrow one here haha

Well... going through through this tread, Frank Carter and Architects really seems to be one of the most obvious candidates for surprise set. To be honest, I was hoping for more bold or interesting acts... ever since I bought tix for the festival a couple of months ago I was hoping for Thom Yorke - either with the Modern Boxes show or The Smile. 

Still, I hope FR have some interesting surprises we didn't thought of there:)

9 minutes ago, r55N said:

Well... going through through this tread, Frank Carter and Architects really seems to be one of the most obvious candidates for surprise set. To be honest, I was hoping for more bold or interesting acts... ever since I bought tix for the festival a couple of months ago I was hoping for Thom Yorke - either with the Modern Boxes show or The Smile. 

Thom Yorke isn’t a good fit for the festival anymore and would elicit little to no reaction at all in R&L’s core audience in 2021. 

1 hour ago, r55N said:

Go to Glastonbury my friend. Reading has changed.