Secret Sets 2021

Jack.194

47 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

Didn't green day do one in the R1 in 2013? That must've been unsafe

No one knew for sure it was deffo going to happen or exactly when it would be and it  KO'd at about 10am, if I remember correctly, which limited numbers and, ultimately, they roped it off to stop more people from getting in.

AM on a Mainstage wouldn't be an issue, only problem would be getting people into the arena in time, if it KO'd early ala Green Day

Edited by Benj

4 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

It’s not gonna happen, but if it did that would be unsafe with the amount of people even at a MS

if they aren’t safe at main stage where are they safe 😂 festival changing also, so many people wouldn’t be bothered by them honestly although i’m sure even many if not more would get dragged there by their mates

1 hour ago, gfa said:

if they aren’t safe at main stage where are they safe 😂 festival changing also, so many people wouldn’t be bothered by them honestly although i’m sure even many if not more would get dragged there by their mates

I don’t know what your idea of R&L is but is is wildly inaccurate. You seem to think 99% of attendees are ketty teenagers when they aren’t. Arctic Monkeys, secret or announced, would pull a gargantuan crowd. Every single year, every social media platform’s comments section is filled with people demanding Arctic Monkeys. 

Do you actual go to R&L? Because judging by your responses, you haven’t seen that many crowds at the festival (that isn’t satire). 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gfa said:

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t know what your idea of R&L is but is is wildly inaccurate. You seem to think 99% of attendees are ketty teenagers when they aren’t. Arctic Monkeys, secret or announced, would pull a gargantuan crowd. Every single year, every social media platform’s comments section is filled with people demanding Arctic Monkeys. 

Do you actual go to R&L? Because judging by your responses, you haven’t seen that many crowds at the festival (that isn’t satire). 

AM are possibly the single most in demand band for R and L every year. In the context of Reading in the 2020s I'm not sure there's a bigger booking they could make? Drake maybe. They won't play a secret set this year but if they did it would be one of the largest crowds all weekend.

11 hours ago, Andre91 said:

People who comment on their instagram doesn’t actually speak much. I don’t live under a rock, I know Arctic Monkeys are massive but we are all proper music fans on here - so many people I know go and see like 2-3 acts a day. The crowd would be huge but my point was a lot of people would be dragged by their friends rather than actually be that bothered before. They clearly aren’t headlining this year and a secret set is obviously not happening - my point was simply that it wouldn’t be even remotely unsafe

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I disagree completely. 

You disagree that people would get dragged there by their mates? I’m not saying that 80k people get dragged there i am just saying a decent amount will be - just like every other artist.

15 minutes ago, gfa said:

You disagree that people would get dragged there by their mates? I’m not saying that 80k people get dragged there i am just saying a decent amount will be - just like every other artist.

You said a lot of people will only be in Arctic Monkeys’ crowd after being dragged along by their mates. They’re one of the biggest bands of the 21st Century in this country. 

I think your argument of people not being bothered and being dragged along by mates is a silly point anyway. Crowd size is crowd size. 

I just think your idea of nobody at the festival being interested in music is absurd. I have never, ever met anyone (young, old, R&L or non-R&L) at a festival who doesn’t want to see any bands at all and has no idea who is playing. It is a music festival. Even your kids who go ‘for the piss up’ will have SOME acts they want to see.

A band like Arctic Monkeys would be one of the most popular headline bookings the festival could make across all demographics of the audience.