Secret Sets 2021

Jack.194

10 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Does anyone think Foals could be the secret set? They play the festival regularly and they've been playing new music on their tour could make sense with a single release on the same day.

Not a fan of Foals, but that’d be a huge win for the majority of festival-goers and I’d love to see it. Think you might be thinking a bit high there though.

38 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Does anyone think Foals could be the secret set? They play the festival regularly and they've been playing new music on their tour could make sense with a single release on the same day.

Not when they are headlining a festival for a rival promoter on the same weekend.  I know it's the Monday and technically they are free but contractually it's not likely.

14 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

why? 

I don’t know I just have a feeling it will be them based on their relationship with the festival, new album to promote, the secret set they did at latitude. But I also don’t really follow the other bands rumoured on here so I can’t quantify how likely/unlikely they are either

4 hours ago, TheWaters said:

If anything i’d say the fact they did a secret set at latitude would make them less likely. I think frank carter will be the main one, a smaller band on the pit or something

Frank Carter would be a massively meh main stage ‘surprise’

The vast majority of attendees wouldn’t even know who he was. 

im in the it’s deffo the vaccines camp

• Upvote 1

The lights dim, the eagerly anticipated secret set is about to get underway. No one knows who it is, maybe it’s a hologram of Mick Jagger and Neil Diamond duetting, maybe it’s Miley Cyrus, maybe it’s motherfucking David Attenborough. The music kicks in, we all know it’s true, we all scream along the duhderlehs and then a Scottish man shouts:

Well, you must be a girl with shoes like that”

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

The lights dim, the eagerly anticipated secret set is about to get underway. No one knows who it is, maybe it’s a hologram of Mick Jagger and Neil Diamond duetting, maybe it’s Miley Cyrus, maybe it’s motherfucking David Attenborough. The music kicks in, we all know it’s true, we all scream along the duhderlehs and then a Scottish man shouts:

Well, you must be a girl with shoes like that”

The crowd instantly diffuses

What have the previous secret sets been? This is what I’ve been able to remember/gather from the internet:

2019 - Bullet for My Valentine, The Sherlocks

2018 - BMTH, Frank Carter

2017 - Wolf Alice, QOTSA

2016 - Slaves

2015 - Peace, Foals

2014 - Jamie T

There’s bound to be more, and if anyone can remember anymore/correct me I’ll edit this post.

Just looking at that, Frank Carter seems like it’s be a bit underwhelming (no disrespect meant!), given the stature of some of other acts from previous years (the only odd one out is The Sherlocks in terms of size of act imo).

Edited by Jack.194

16 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

What have the previous secret sets been? This is what I’ve been able to remember/gather from the internet:

2019 - The Sherlocks

2018 - BMTH

2017 - Wolf Alice, QOTSA

2016 - Slaves

2015 - Peace, Foals

2014 - Jamie T

There’s bound to be more, and if anyone can remember anymore/correct me I’ll edit this post.

Just looking at that, Frank Carter seems like it’s be a bit underwhelming (no disrespect meant!), given the stature of some of other acts from previous years (the only odd one out is The Sherlocks in terms of size of act imo).

Didn't BFMV perform one in 2019? and Frank Carter did one in 2018!

Edited by TornShaun

ok this might be a huggeeee longshot, but bloc party/Kele. Kele is currently working with KennyHoopla who is playing this year. Bloc Party are also meant to be working on new music apparently and Kele has also released some solo work recently. Personally would love to see bloc party do a set, i do think its very unlikely but just a thought

Edited by Jhold001