Secret Sets 2021

Jack.194

On 8/9/2021 at 9:17 AM, m4tt said:

Don Broco have a R&L shaped gap in their Slam Dunk warm up shows... unlikely though IMO

BMTH start their tour a few weeks after Reading... they played a secret set a few years back so wouldnt be a very original booking

Probably not as they’re doing slam dunk. Hope you’re right tho! 

Sleep Token on the Introducing would be pretty sweet.... although they might burn up in the sun 😄

They were just announced as headliners for the heavy music awards the week after reading so might fancy a warm up.

Edited by m4tt

2 minutes ago, TownNation said:

Why do I feel like they’re just gonna slot BMTH in there again 😂

I mean I'd take it as I love all their new stuff and they could see it as a warmup to their tour next month. Think they'd be slightly insulted that they wasn't asked to be one of SIX headliners but will do as a 'secret set' 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, m4tt said:

Sleep Token on the Introducing would be pretty sweet.... although they might burn up in the sun 😄

They were just announced as headliners for the heavy music awards the week after reading so might fancy a warm up.

Could replace Ho9909 or Spiritbox

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Doesn’t make sense to open on that stage

I’d agree if there was a radio 1 tent. But there isn’t so they’ll open that stage. Something like 

12-12:30 demob happy > 12:40-13:40 NBT > 1:50-2:25 inhaler > 2:30 -3:05 sports team > 3:15 - 3:50 mostack > 3:55 - 4:30 sea girls > 4:40 - 5:20 Declan McKenna 5:30-6:10 aitch > 6:15-6:45 - Mabel > 6:50 - 7:30 - Sam fender 7:40-8:20 aj tracey 8:30-9:45 catfish > 9:55 - 11:20 stormzy

obviously completely guessing idk what time sound has to be off at reading. But I think that shows how tight it’s going to be having no clashes!! Could be a 11:30 start rather than 12. It’s been 2 years I can’t remember 🤣 

11 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Has it been confirmed that MSE starts before MSW rather than the other way round? Why wouldn't NBT open the festival on MSW?

At the moment if you alternate the MSE and MSW acts starting with NBT then you end up with catfish playing before AJ Tracey. It would be fixed if there was a secret set on MSW but then that means the same number of acts on each stage, while NBT are likely to play a set the length of two smaller acts. It’ll be interesting to see how it works out

2 minutes ago, Quorn said:

At the moment if you alternate the MSE and MSW acts starting with NBT then you end up with catfish playing before AJ Tracey. It would be fixed if there was a secret set on MSW but then that means the same number of acts on each stage, while NBT are likely to play a set the length of two smaller acts. It’ll be interesting to see how it works out

Exactly it’s really odd, if NBT open the other stage for the equivalent of two sets it works that they can alternate all the way up